Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warrior
    • Jan 2010

Well done to UMD for organising this event. It seems like a success, hopefully they endevour to organise more of these events in the future, as they can only be an assistance to the maco exposure.

Comment

• Vangelovski
      • Sep 2008

Let me throw in something here that does not require the corroboration of private correspondence.

On 17 March 2008, Manevski** wrote the following - a largely disingenuous and scaremongering attempt to support Meto's "political modifier":

Let me ask you this? What will you choose?

People in Macedonia dying and starving or “Democratic Republic of Macedonia”?

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Macedo.../message/10643

**EDIT - I mistakenly stated that this was posted by Aleksandar Mitreski - it was actually a statement by Denis Manevski, UMD Treasurer. I have corrected it above.
      Last edited by Vangelovski; 02-03-2010, 11:33 PM.
      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        No they won't. We already have confirmation the UMD chooses to ignore historical arguments. It is policy for them apparently.
        That's weird, they've entered the historical debate before...
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Bill77
          • Oct 2009

How far fetched is this statement "People in Macedonia dying and starving" oh please. How are we suposed to take these people serious with bull shit like this.
          http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Buktop
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
            Mitreski, maybe UMD hasn't taken a stand against the WMC, but the "young" Meto certainly did in his post on Macedonian Media Monitor, dated 3 April 2003:

He had every right to state his disapproval of the actions of WMC in regards to the NJ community, just as you are stating your disapproval of UMD activities, this by no means makes it UMD policy.
            "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
            though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
            Our long awaited hour will draw near
            and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Mitreski, care to address?
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
                He had every right to state his disapproval of the actions of WMC in regards to the NJ community, just as you are stating your disapproval of UMD activities, this by no means makes it UMD policy.
                I didn't question his right to state his opinion, I merely pointed out that he has an opinion and posted what that opinion is/was.

Comment

• Buktop
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                  I didn't question his right to state his opinion, I merely pointed out that he has an opinion and posted what that opinion is/was.
                  understood

Comment

• Buktop
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                    How has he been caught red handed? Are you also trying to imply that Pelister did not produce the same email to us, that was sent to him by Mitreski?
                    I am implying that he has been known to take comments out of context whether intentionally or by mistake. And numerous people have pointed that out.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Do you believe that Pelister has supplied a manipulated version of Mitreski's email, rather than the genuine article? Or is it Mitreski who is trying to re-interpret his earlier comments? I am looking forward to Pelister's response and input on this.
                      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

Taking into account Mitreski's previous comments, it seems that he has embroiled himself into Meto's "name-gate" scandal.

Comment

• Buktop
                          • Oct 2009

Do you believe that Pelister has supplied a manipulated version of Mitreski's email, rather than the genuine article? Or is it Mitreski who is trying to re-interpret his earlier comments? I am looking forward to Pelister's response and input on this.
                          I am nearly 100% sure that Pelister is taking Mitreski's statements out of context. Is it not true that the criteria for entry into NATO and EU negotiation of the name? He never said we should, he said if we want to get into NATO or EU then negotiation is required. I am sure you realize this.

Once again, this whole argument is based on the quotes that are provided out of context.

And if you notice, Pelister seems to avoid responding to these questions.
                          Last edited by Buktop; 02-03-2010, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

I am nearly 100% sure that Pelister is taking Mitreski's statements out of context.
                            Buktop, that isn't what I asked. I wanted to know if you are of the opinion that the email sent by Mitreski to Pelister has been manipulated. Namely, are you implying (as Mitreski seems to be) that Pelister played with the wording or changed parts of the email prior to putting it up for public display?

Comment

• Vangelovski
                              • Sep 2008

I am nearly 100% sure that Pelister is taking Mitreski's statements out of context. Is it not true that the criteria for entry into NATO and EU negotiation of the name? He never said we should, he said if we want to get into NATO or EU then negotiation is required. I am sure you realize this.

Once again, this whole argument is based on the quotes that are provided out of context.
                              Buktop,

If you want some "context", then you should view the comments within the context of UMD's key objectives - and that's Macedonia's entry into NATO and the EU.

UMD has consistently argued that Macedonia should join these organisations. In fact, it has claimed devastating consequences if it doesn't. Meto's (and it appears now Mitreski's) answer on how Macedonia can "realistically" join these organisation is for it to change its name.

So, viewing their comment's within the context of UMD's key policy objectives of NATO and EU membership, its difficult to see how it could be reasonably understood that these two (President and Vice President) do not support a name change.
                              Last edited by Vangelovski; 02-03-2010, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• Buktop
                                • Oct 2009

Buktop, that isn't what I asked. I wanted to know if you are of the opinion that the email sent by Mitreski to Pelister has been manipulated. Namely, are you implying (as Mitreski seems to be) that Pelister played with the wording or changed parts of the email prior to putting it up for public display?
                                Originally posted by Pelister
                                Recently the Vice-President of UMD (who by now probably hates me), said that He personally agreed with Nimetz, that TO INTEGRATE, WE MUST NEGOTIATE.
                                This is Pelister's initial statement. I assume you realize what he is implying.

Originally posted by AMitreski
                                THIS IS A FULL BLOWN LIE AND YOU KNOW IT. I pointed out to you exactly what my statement was ( you ahve it in your inbox), but here you go again spread lies.

All I said was that Nimetz told me that Macedonia is not required to negotiate its name. And I said he is right! We do not have to.

STOP LYING AND TWISTING THINGS FOR YOUR OWN SICK BENEFIT.
                                This is Mitreski's response

I am not saying that the literal text was manipulated, I am saying its meaning was.

And this is not the first time Pelister has taken quotes out of context, whether it be deliberately or mistakenly.

Comment

Working...
                                X