Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dimko-piperkata
    • Sep 2008

they can´t be macedonians....they´re only of macedonian descent.
    1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
    2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...

Comment

• Vangelovski
      • Sep 2008

Its ironic listening to UMD talk about human rights and quote from Martin Luther King, while waving the ventilator that was imposed on us by the very government they are supposedly struggling against, showing their clear support for the Interim Accord that, among other unjust provisions, compels Macedonia NOT to support the rights of the Macedonian minority in Greece.
      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

Meto, you mention a number of interesting points. You mention the creation of a new identity - a Global Macedonian - What is that?

You also mention a "true" Macedonian cause - how exactly do you define the "true" Macedonian cause?
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Buktop
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
          Its ironic listening to UMD talk about human rights and quote from Martin Luther King, while waving the ventilator that was imposed on us by the very government they are supposedly struggling against, showing their clear support for the Interim Accord that, among other unjust provisions, compels Macedonia NOT to support the rights of the Macedonian minority in Greece.
          Or it could just mean that they are waving a recognized flag of the Republic of Macedonia.
          "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
          though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
          Our long awaited hour will draw near
          and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Phoenix
            • Dec 2008

symbolism draws out strong emotions but i don't know what to make of the 'stars and stripes' standing so erect behind Gospodin Mitreski...

Comment

• Phoenix
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
              Or it could just mean that they are waving a recognized flag of the Republic of Macedonia.
              You know exactly what he means Buktop...stop being an apologist, not just for UMD but for the wrongs committed by all Macedonian Governments against the wishes of the Macedonian people...

Comment

• Vangelovski
                • Sep 2008

You mean a recognised flag of the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, don't you? Thats what your beloved Interim Accord would have us call ourselves, or at least until we capitulate the next time.

Comment

• Buktop
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                  I used to think this was our Macedonian Curse (not Cause) when Macedonians went against each other. But I then started to notice the bickering in amongst other communities.

The Macedonians have an extra layer of complexity in that some people still push a policy of division. None of our neighbours try to split their country up by pretending to be Serbians/Bulgars etc. There will always be question marks over the actions of many Macedonian organisations.

The film event was a wonderful idea, who cares where or how the idea came from.
                  Questions are to be expected Risto, especially given that our history is full of events that were caused by traitors.

My point is, to simply assume an organization is working for Bulgarians, the Macedonian government, the Americans etc... without any substantial proof, when I say substantial proof I mean documents connecting the organization to these suspected detractors. And yet we have Macedonian supporters here willing to blindly accept any conspiracy theory they hear in association with UMD and they will avoid beneficial Macedonian events simply because UMD is "involved".

This is what I was afraid of from the first moment these "theory's" started to emerge. I have no problem with constructive criticism, or genuine curiosity, but when someone is engaging in a blind vendetta to detract from fellow Macedonians, that is when all Macedonians lose.

Comment

• Buktop
                    • Oct 2009

You mean a recognised flag of the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, don't you? Thats what your beloved Interim Accord would have us call ourselves, or at least until we capitulate the next time.
                    No, that is the flag of the Republic of Macedonia as it stands now. You know that this "ventilator" as you call it has an older historical significance than the Kutlesh sun right?

The Macedonian people have had every opportunity to petition the government to reinstate the Kutlesh sun and yet they haven't, why is that?

Comment

• Vangelovski
                      • Sep 2008

Buktop, the ventilator has no historical significance. But post up what you believe to be the evidence that demonstrates this 'historical' significance.

While you're at it, please also entertain us again with your pseudo-intellectualist theories of the concept of "consent of the governed".

Comment

• Phoenix
                        • Dec 2008

No, that is the flag of the Republic of Macedonia as it stands now. You know that this "ventilator" as you call it has an older historical significance than the Kutlesh sun right?

The Macedonian people have had every opportunity to petition the government to reinstate the Kutlesh sun and yet they haven't, why is that?
                        The symbolism of the Sun in the current flag design is actually quite strong (IMHO), one could argue that it predates the Kutlesh design and therefor it is an even older Macedonian symbol...in some ways the stylized depiction of an eight ray sun symbol has been a clever ploy by its designers to avoid further 'protest' from the 'greek' side...although I do realise that from a purely aesthetic point of view not many symbols or designs have the same impact as the Star of Kutlesh...

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                          • Jan 2009

I have no problem with the current flag, in terms of look and all that type of stuff and actually like it.

However sadly the flag will always be remembered as the flag that was forced onto by us from the “greeks” and as the day Macedonia failed and its government sold out, and this is something that will always tarnish the reputation and respect of the flag.

Even know it makes me remember just how dark and sad the 90’s where for Macedonia….

Comment

• Bill77
                            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Dimko-piperkata View Post
                            they can´t be macedonians....they´re only of macedonian descent.
                            Please explain the diferance Dimko. I'm in no way having a go at you, but i can't get my brain around what you just said.
                            http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

I am pretty sure we now see documents connecting UMD to the MPO.

We see actions that suit the USA agenda coming from UMD. These actions are often not aligned with the Macedonian Diaspora. Hence my belief that their name is misleading.

How could you call Vangelovki's attacks a "blind vendetta". The guy was there as a founding member. I would call his attacks anything but blind.
                              Risto the Great
                              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Buktop
                                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                                The symbolism of the Sun in the current flag design is actually quite strong (IMHO), one could argue that it predates the Kutlesh design and therefor it is an even older Macedonian symbol...in some ways the stylized depiction of an eight ray sun symbol has been a clever ploy by its designers to avoid further 'protest' from the 'greek' side...although I do realise that from a purely aesthetic point of view not many symbols or designs have the same impact as the Star of Kutlesh...
                                I agree, good post Phoenix

Comment

Working...
                                X