Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pelister
    • Sep 2008

I was reading something recently about the Macedonian Christian Empire.

According to Vasil Bogov, the language of Christianity in south east Europe since about 323 AD has been Macedonian, not Greek.

Macedonia was a Church-State, and Empire.

The Church was responsible for running schools, education, law etc since about 323 AD in the Macedonian language, not Greek.

The traditional Macedonian names of MOST OF of the churches on Mt. Athos (Sveta Gora) remind us of their true Macedonian past, not Greek. The names "Hilander" and "Zagorov" first appeared in the late 19th century to represent "Serbian" and "Bulgarian" claims, but they have no history there before then.

The New Church (Greek Orthodox Church) was a political manifestation. In 1850 the Sultan created a "Greek Patriarch" to rule the Christian subjects of the Ottoman Empire. The New Church directly challenged the old Macedonian Christian Empire - the Greek Orthodox Church began burning and destroying all evidence that the langauge of Christianity and Empire over the last 1,700 years had been Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Well, Sveta Gora is now not much more than a money laundering pit ... but what were the names of the monasteries prior to the 19th century?
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Demos
        Banned
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Pelister View Post
        I was reading something recently about the Macedonian Christian Empire.

According to Vasil Bogov, the language of Christianity in south east Europe since about 323 AD has been Macedonian, not Greek.

The Church was responsible for running schools, education, law etc since about 323 AD in the Macedonian language, not Greek.

The traditional Macedonian names of MOST OF of the churches on Mt. Athos (Sveta Gora) remind us of their true Macedonian past, not Greek. The names "Hilander" and "Zagorov" first appeared in the late 19th century to represent "Serbian" and "Bulgarian" claims, but they have no history there before then.

The New Church (Greek Orthodox Church) was a political manifestation. In 1850 the Sultan created a "Greek Patriarch" to rule the Christian subjects of the Ottoman Empire. The New Church directly challenged the old Macedonian Christian Empire - the Greek Orthodox Church began burning and destroying all evidence that the langauge of Christianity and Empire over the last 1,700 years had been Macedonian.
        Pelister,

Which Macedonian Christian Empire are you referring to? I have never heard of anything like this ever.

Comment

• Pelister
          • Sep 2008

According to Vasil Bogov, the language of Christianity in south East Europe from about 323 AD to 1913 AD was in Macedonian, not Greek.

That provides a strong enough basis for it being a Macedonian Christian Empire.

More importantly the Bible had been converted into a language Macedonians could understand - based on the Solun dialect - from Latin and possibly Koine. Remember Koine is not Greek. Furthermore, Cyrilic was based on the "secret Macedonian" Glagolitic.

So "Greek" has never been the language of Christianity in Macedonia.

Comment

• Demos
            Banned
            • Dec 2008

From the time of Constantine right up to 1913 and the destruction of Old Macedonian Christian papers, books and parchments by the New Church (Greek Orthodox) - the language of Christianity in south east Europe was in Macedonian, and the language of Empire was in Macedonian, not Greek. Think about this. The Greek language was only codified for the first time in the early 20th century.

Koine was not Greek.

So the language of Christianity in south East Europe from about 323 AD to 1913 AD was NEVER Greek.

It was Macedonian.

[whether it was in Glagolitic sometimes described as the "secret Macedonian" language or the more accessible Cyrilic which was based on the older Macedonian alphabet - the language of Christianity was always Macedonian.]

Pelister,

Where did you read this? Or is this your own theory?

Comment

• Pelister
              • Sep 2008

Think about it for a moment.

A Modern Greek Patriarch was put at the head of the Ottoman Empire in the 1850's for the first time.

It was the first time a Greek Patriarch ruled Macedonian Christians. Before this point in time the Macedonians had their own representatives in the Ottoman empire (i.e., its hierarchy). Furthermore, for thousand years before this moment, the Macedonian Church was responsible for running schools, for education, law and solving civil disputes between Macedonians and others. The Church was founded on the teachings of Christ, first in a language only the Macedonians could understand.

Macedonia was a Church-State, which is why it came into conflict with new political organizations such as the Nation-State.

Comment

• Demos
                Banned
                • Dec 2008

Think about it for a moment.

A Modern Greek Patriarch was put at the head of the Ottoman Empire in the 1850's for the first time.

It was the first time a Greek Patriarch ruled Macedonian Christians. Before this point in time the Macedonians had their own representatives in the Ottoman empire (i.e., its hierarchy). Furthermore, for thousand years before this moment, the Macedonian Church was responsible for running schools, for education, law and solving civil disputes between Macedonians and others. The Church was founded on the teachings of Christ, first in a language only the Macedonians could understand.

Macedonia was a Church-State, which is why it came into conflict with new political organizations such as the Nation-State.
                What is your educational background?

Comment

• Pelister
                  • Sep 2008

Why should I tell you? I finished Kindergarten. What about you? What your education ?

The Macedonian Christian Empire will never be extinguished, or Hellenized, and the Kingdom of God on Earth will come again through the true Macedonians.

Comment

• Demos
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2008

Why should I tell you? I finished Kindergarten. What about you? What your education ?

The Macedonian Christian Empire will never be extinguished, or Hellenized, and the Kingdom of God on Earth will come again through the true Macedonians.
                    You should considering getting a PhD in History.

Comment

• Pelister
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Demos View Post
                      You should considering getting a PhD in History.
                      You should consider pulling your finger out of your arse.

Comment

• Demos
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2008

You should consider pulling your finger out of your arse.
                        I'm not the one coming up with crazy historical revisionism...If I show what you wrote to any Professor of History, I already know what their reply will be. Anyway, keep entertaining yourself with such notions.

Comment

• Coolski
                          • Sep 2008

Risto raised a very valid issue to examine and to raise awareness of. Greeks always accuse their opponents of that which they are about to commit. It is an unbelievably stupid and simplistic tactic. I would not be surprised if this is their tactic with regards to territorial ambitions.
                          - Секој чоек и нација има можност да успеат колку шо си дозволуваат. Нема изговор.
                          - Every human and nation has the ability to be as great or as weak as they allow themselves to be. No excuses.

Comment

• Pelister
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Demos View Post
                            I'm not the one coming up with crazy historical revisionism...If I show what you wrote to any Professor of History, I already know what their reply will be. Anyway, keep entertaining yourself with such notions.
                            What did I write that was so far fetched.

All I wrote was this.

The language of Christianity in south east Europe since about 323 AD has been in Macedonian, not Greek.

It is a fact that the Bible was translated from Latin and Koine (not Greek) by Ciril and Metodi to a language the averge Macedonians could understand. The Church did this - and the Macedonian Christian Church was the head of the Macedonians for over a thousand years.

Comment

• osiris
                              • Sep 2008

hell the russian ukranian belo russian rumanian serbian bulgarian even for a short period of time croatian churches were not speaking in greek in their religious services since the adoption of old macedonian as their liturgical languge, compare this with the paltry sum of greek speakers during that same period.

Comment

• Demos
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Coolski View Post
                                Risto raised a very valid issue to examine and to raise awareness of. Greeks always accuse their opponents of that which they are about to commit. It is an unbelievably stupid and simplistic tactic. I would not be surprised if this is their tactic with regards to territorial ambitions.
                                Coolski,

Stop saying nonsense. As I said before, what incentive does Greece have to invade MOD? I mean, what? Greek businesses have already acquired many businesses in Macedonia without one shot being fired. We have invested over 1 billion euros in that country.

Why in the hell would we invade a foreign country composed of people who are not Greek, but instead Macedonian and Albanian who speak a foreign tongue, and have no relation to Greece or anything Greek whatsoever?

What are we go gain? A couple farms in Bitola and Skopje? We can buy anything we want. Case closed. This talk about Greece invading other countries is so out of touch with reality that whoever is advocating such views should check in with their doctor.

Why should one Greek soldier die for something we do not want or we do not care for. You have your own country, your own Parliament, and all the benefits that go with it. Stop being so paranoid about Greece and Greeks and try solving the 30% unemployment rate instead.

Greece even provides financial aid to Macedonia for infrastructure projects. This talk about invasions etc is just comical...

Comment

Working...
                                X