Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • osiris
    • Sep 2008

anti slavic sentiment dies hard in western europe combined with the general ignorance about eastern europe its a recipe for disaster.

the result was kosovo a mafia state servicing the iilict desires of the west sex and drugs.

jankovska where do you live a few years ago i was in london and kept running into albanians everywhere from notting hill to soho to edgware rd, you name it they were there

Comment

• Pelister
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
      The only reason any Macedonian EU advocates ever existed was because of the ability for Macedonians to interact no matter what side of the (artificial) borders. This will be a reality now WITHOUT being a member. There is no further need for anything more.
      I still don't see the sense in negotiating our Macedonian Nationality for a fairy tale.

These organizations violate their own charters. What this tells me is that they have to change, not Macedonia.

It seems to me that the individuals in this government put far too much value in membership !

Comment

• Pelister
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Napoleon View Post
        Doe anybody know how easy it is for an Albanian resident in Macedonia to gain either an Albanian or Kosovo passport? Also, does anybody have an idea whether or not they travel on Macedonian or Albanian passports as a general rule?

The reason I ask this is because I believe this issue is an essential key in solving Macedonia's Albanian minority question. Although it is inevitable that Macedonia will gain EU membership sooner or later, I feel the longer Macedonia holds out the better. This will be especially so when Albanian and Kosovo citizens are able to visit, work and live in the EU more easily without restrictions while Macedonian citizens can still not do so. This will give many Albanians in Macedonia a powerful incentive to obtain Albanian or Kosovo passports in order to seek greener pastures in the EU. After an fews years, I think Macedonia should enact laws banning citizens holding dual passports and restrict the gaining of citizenship to people who can prove ethnic Macedonian descent.

Western Europe has treated Macedonia so well during the last 100 years or so, why not repay their 'kindness' by giving them large Albanian minorities
        This has occured to me too.

Any guesses what will happen once everyone in the region has a visa free regime?

Comment

• Rogi
          • Sep 2008

Now that there will be a visa liberalisation for Macedonian citizens (and not for Kosovo or Albania), everyone from Albania and from Kosovo will be applying from Macedonian citizenship. It will be the beginning of a case similar to the Macedonians applying for Bulgarian citizenship.

Now, unless you are from Macedonia, the only way you can gain Macedonian citizenship, is if they are ethnic Macedonians. So, in theory, the number of Albanian citizenships will not increase.

However, with some of the key people who approve citizenship now being Albanians, you can expect that many will be granted a Macedonian citizenship - unless stricter controls, checks and bounds are enforced.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Isn't Albania almost in the EU in any case?
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Rogi
              • Sep 2008

No, the EU Candidate countries are Croatia, Macedonia and Turkey.

Albania is still not yet a candidate country, they would join the EU some 5 years after Macedonia would, and Macedonia will join the EU in 7-8 years.

Comment

• Jankovska
                • Sep 2008

To get Bulgarian citizenship you need to prove you are ethnic Bulgarian and thousands of Macedonians' proved' this. Why would it be any different with the Albos?
                anyways does anyone have a list of countries Macedonians can travel to without a visa? I can't seem to find out.
                Thanks

Comment

• Bratot
                  • Sep 2008

You dont need to prove you are an ethnic Bulgarian in order to get their citizenship.

All you have to do is to sign for your grandparents to be a Bulgarians.
                  The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
                    You dont need to prove you are an ethnic Bulgarian in order to get their citizenship.

All you have to do is to sign for your grandparents to be a Bulgarians.
                    I don't think a third of Bulgaria can do that honestly.
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Schengen exemption for Macedonia reduces demand for Bulgarian passports

The European Commission recommendation that Macedonian citizens be allowed to enter Schengen countries visa-free from January 1 2010 has caused a drop in demand for Bulgarian passports, Skopje-based Dnevnik said on July 17 2009.

Macedonia is being given the concession along with two other Western Balkans states, Serbia and Montenegro.

Dnevnik, as reported by Bulgarian news agency Focus, said that in recent days advertisements offering to help Macedonians get Bulgarian passports had dropped off and the number of people seeking assistance was "even lower".

There was still some interest in Bulgarian passports, mainly in cases of people wanting to buy motor vehicles.

Bulgaria has been a member of the EU since January 1 2007 but its citizens were given Schengen visa exemption in 2001.

The daily reported that analysts said that the change was proof that Macedonians wanted Bulgarian citizenship for economic reasons.

"It is not clear yet how many Macedonian citizens have acquired Bulgarian citizenship. Bulgarian ambassador in Skopje Miho Mihov said in 2007 that nearly 10 000 Macedonian citizens had acquired Bulgarian citizenship. He said that more than 60 000 people were waiting for Bulgarian passports," the paper said.

A Skopje resident who had been advertising his services as a mediator in securing Bulgarian passports said that no one was phoning him anymore.

"Inquiries have ceased. People consider it unnecessary as next year they will be able to travel with their Macedonian passports. Besides, the procedure for obtaining a Bulgarian passport is lengthy and any applicant will have to wait for at least two years.

"Bulgarian identity cards are still in demand as they can be used for the purchase of cheap motor-cars and be driven later in Macedonia," the intermediary said.

Dnevnik said that the procedure for acquiring Bulgarian citizenship required filing of a declaration that the applicant had Bulgarian ancestors.

The newspaper said that after Bulgarians were allowed to travel visa-free, "Macedonians spotted their chance of obtaining employment abroad at a time of persistent economic crisis and high unemployment rate in their own country".
                      But if they are Bulgarians, surely they would still request their Bulgarian passports.
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Skopje, July 23 (MIA) - There are real chances for Macedonia to meet the benchmarks and get a date for opening of the European Union (EU) accession talks this fall , EU Enlargement Commissioner Olli Rehn said Thursday at a joint press conference with Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski.

- However, it will depend on the results that are going to be delivered in the next two months, Rehn said.

The EU will play fair, which means no altering of the criteria for opening of the EU accession talks, Rehn said.

- I am impressed by the quality and speed of the conducted reforms for annulment of the EU visa requirements. It is a confirmation of the commitment, political will of the Government, Parliament and state institutions to achieving the desired goal, Rehn said, pointing out that the list of criteria that Macedonia should meet is becoming shorter.

The remaining tasks Macedonia should complete in order to enter the next phase of the EU integration process include an adoption of law on parliament, changes to the laws on public administration and financing of political parties. The EU enlargement chief also underlined the importance of implementing the Ohrid Framework Agreement.

The name dispute is a bilateral matter, not part of the criteria for opening of the EU entry talks, Rehn said. However the practical start of these negotiations requires the consent of all EU members, he added.

The EU is welcoming the resumed efforts of UN mediator Matthew Nimetz towards settling the name row, Rehn said.

There are many opportunities that should be exploited for final settling of this matter, he added.

Gruevski reiterated the Government's commitment to meet all benchmarks, saying that in the upcoming period it would be focused on all activities that should result in a positive European Commission report on the country's progress and hence to launching of the membership talks. The EC recommendation for annulment of visa regime is an additional boost to this effect, the PM said.

This afternoon, Rehn is scheduled to meet Parliament Speaker Trajko Veljanovski and members of the National EU-Integration Council. He also had a meeting with President Gjorge Ivanov.

Rehn's visit to Skopje is part of his Western Balkan tour. He visited Belgrade and Podgorica on Wednesday and would head for Sarajevo on Friday.
                        So the name dispute is a bilateral matter, which effectively means that it should not effect Macedonia's chances of gaining entry to the EU. However, because Greece is already in the EU, it is using its veto power as a member to realise aims that are a bilateral matter with Macedonia that does not conern the EU.

Clearly this is wrong, immoral and criminal.

Yet, the European Union turns a blind eye.
                        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

You know what ... for the benefit of future (continued) fame ... I will now predict that Macedonia will cause the downfall of the EU. If the EU maintains this level of hypocrisy then surely it cannot maintain itself as an organisation of significance.
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

The Balkans including Macedonia have always been a power-keg in Europe, anything is possible.

Comment

• King Makedon
                              • Apr 2009

There are pro and contras

pro: all garbage scum of macedonia will leave to EU.
                              contra:new garbage will arrive.
                              ]
                              The world belongs to Macedonia. Macedonia does not belong to the world, especially not to Macedonia's neighbouring countries.
                              [/SIZE]

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Macedonia Hints at Visas for Kosovo and Albania

Comprehensive up-to-date news coverage, aggregated from sources all over the world.

Macedonia Hints at Visas for Kosovo and Albania

Text by Balkan Insight

27 July 2009 | Macedonia will follow directions given by the European Commission, EC, in deciding whether to establish a visa regime for citizens of Kosovo and Albania.

According to Macedonia’s Foreign Ministry, this issue has yet to be discussed. Until now, citizens of Albania and Kosovo have travelled freely into Macedonia.

“It is early to discuss this issue. Until the final decision for visa liberalisation [is made], we will be in constant contact with the EC,” ministry Spokesperson Petar Culev said.

Culev said that the Macedonian government will not act unilaterally in determining future policy on the issue.

“This will depend on recommendations given by the EU. If they require us to establish a visa regime with citizens of Albania and Kosovo, then we will respect this decision,” he said.

However an expert on EU integration, Mersel Bilalli, warned that Macedonia should not take such a decision.

“Nothing should change as far as the free movement of citizens of Albania and Kosovo is concerned. But if they want to travel to other European countries, they should possess a valid visa for the country they are visiting,” Bilalli told daily Koha Ditore.

This issue was brought onto the table by the recent EC proposal that Macedonia, Serbia and Montenegro be included on the so-called “white Schengen list”.
                                I hope this happens.
                                Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                                X