X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • julie
    • May 2009

Originally posted by El Bre View Post
    The Macedonians end up taking it in the arse, especially if the male partner is Greek. Baba and dedo magically become papous and giga, the children are sent to Greek school and if it is at all possible, these offspring will never have any idea that they are anything but pure Greek.
    the comment above was my reference to being dreadful, i dont know of any Maco that would allow that, in my sheltered existence, perhaps I am not getting the reference?
    pozdrav
    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• julie
      • May 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
      Reminds me about a joke about custard. I will save that for later.
      Julie, EB is not disgusting. He is telling it like it is for many of our people. Don't shoot the journalist.
      I did not mean to offend anyone, apologies
      I understand we have problems within our own people, and had a debate with my old man on that one this afternoon, I dont personally know of anyone that i associate with that would be so unpatriotic as to "take it up the arse" or rather show them the door. pronto.
      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by julie View Post
        the comment above was my reference to being dreadful, i dont know of any Maco that would allow that, in my sheltered existence, perhaps I am not getting the reference?
        pozdrav
        Julie, there are Macedonians that do that without even being in a mixed marriage. A mixed marriage makes it easier for for some to join the "Greek team". All it takes is a rudimentary knowledge of the Greek language and hey presto ... you and your offspring are Greeks. Even though real Greeks snigger behind your back.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• julie
          • May 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
          Julie, there are Macedonians that do that without even being in a mixed marriage. A mixed marriage makes it easier for for some to join the "Greek team". All it takes is a rudimentary knowledge of the Greek language and hey presto ... you and your offspring are Greeks. Even though real Greeks snigger behind your back.
          and I have always said this...we (the Macedonian people) can be our own worst enemies
          Its not just with the Greeks Risto , its the Macedonians with the Serbs, and with the Bulgars as well

and once again, I do apologise,

Comment

• Jankovska
            • Sep 2008

No mixed marriages, we are all Macedonians married to Macedonians.
            I would never allow my kids to marry a Greek. Ja ke se otkazem od niv.

Comment

• julie
              • May 2009

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post

My boys are free to marry whom they wish Jankovska, but they also know that any association they may have with someone Greek will not be something I would condone. Nor would I be present at their nuptials, so I guess i jas ke se odkazham od niv. They would not be so stupid to step on the blood of their relatives. And being the patriotic woman that you are, I dont think your children would either

Comment

• Phoenix
                • Dec 2008

Fatso, what's your experience of mixed marriages and their interactions, not so much from a greek and Macedonian perspective but rather the more common greek and albanian unions...

Comment

• Jankovska
                  • Sep 2008

My boys are free to marry whom they wish Jankovska, but they also know that any association they may have with someone Greek will not be something I would condone. Nor would I be present at their nuptials, so I guess i jas ke se odkazham od niv. They would not be so stupid to step on the blood of their relatives. And being the patriotic woman that you are, I dont think your children would either
                  You are right, they can marry whoever they want, however marrying a Greek will result in loosing parents. Choice is theirs.

Comment

• Prolet
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
                    Its an extreme response Jankovska, for me as long as the other party is Christian i guess its ok. I dont mean some kind of a sect i mean a proper Christian Religion preferably Orthodox and European Culture. Sure they can be friends with whoever they want however once it comes to mixing blood certain steps need to be taken.

Just no Gjupci or Mudjahadeens.

Phoenix, Welcome to the Forum its good to have you on board
                    МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• El Bre
                      • Sep 2008

pozdrav
                      Hi Julie,

Perhaps I could have been a little more subtle with regards to my language, I do apologize, but I was feeling a little dreadful at the time.

I should qualify my statement by adding that in my experience this is an Aegean phenomenon.

Comment

• El Bre
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                        Fatso, what's your experience of mixed marriages and their interactions, not so much from a greek and Macedonian perspective but rather the more common greek and albanian unions...
                        Good to see you here Phoenix, what the hell took you so long?

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Since I am feeling a little fat at the moment and also because I want to welcome Phoenix here, let me answer. A Greek/Albanian union will always result in the Albanian becoming ""instantgreko".

I can point you to a village in Egej where it became a sport for Albanians to become "instantgreko".

A word of warning since this is your first post here, many of the contributors here are from Australia. As Macedonians from Australia can be a little passionate and proud of their heritage, your sensibilities may be offended if you are more used to the modern progressive form of patriotism practiced elsewhere.

Welcome Phoenix.
                          Risto the Great
                          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Daskalot
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by El Bre View Post
                            Good to see you here Phoenix, what the hell took you so long?
                            Ditto
                            Better late than never......

Good to see you posting here Phoenix, I am also very curious about those mixed marriages.
                            Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• fatso
                              • Sep 2008

I haven't experienced many. Their are 2 that I know of both send their kids to Greek schools. But both are Orthodox Albanians.

My cousin married a Macedonian who happens to be my wife's closest friend. Their kids only speak Macedonia because of their dedo and baba.

Phoenix, good to see you are civil.

Cheers

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                                • Jan 2009

From my experience it is usually the Macedonian side that is the less dominant part, and allows their family to become more “greek”. This is also the case with Bulgarian slavs and Serbians (especially in Australia).

However a lot of macedonain males who go to Albania to get Albanian wives usually end up becoming the stronger part, and their kids are more Macedonian then Albanian. I think its because the Albanian women are usually stuck in a old fashioned type of thinking eg the women stays at home and the man is the boss

Comment

Working...
                                X