• Show
Clear All
  • Makedonetz
    • Apr 2010

Canadian PM Harper Delchev Speech

His Macedonian is pretty good....but he pernounced Gruevski as gretzky

Makedoncite se borat
    za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
    - Goce Delchev
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

What on earth is the 'Delchev' speech supposed to mean?
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Vangelovski
      • Sep 2008

UMD Board Member Stojan Nikolov provided the award criteria on Macedonian Media Monitor but failed to explain exactly how Harper met their own criteria for the Goce Delcev Award. His response was to watch the video. The video by the way provides no information in relation to how Harper met the UMD criteria for their Goce Delcev Award.

Nikolov also advised that I ask my associates in Canada to learn as to why Harper deserved the Award. After some investigation, I learn't that none of my contacts knew why Harper would be awarded with such an award or how Harper met the UMD's criteria for that award. After relaying this information back to Nikolov told me not to waste my time asking my associates in Canada.
      Last edited by Vangelovski; 06-24-2010, 08:54 PM.
      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Makedonetz
        • Apr 2010

Harper has done many good things for the Macedonians living in Canada, maybe that is the basis for this award? He did a speech for a new crkva that opened in Markham. We have had Macedonian represent us in the parliament as MP's. Lui Temelkovski from Brajcino, Resensko,

"Mr. Speaker, it is a pleasure to rise today to ask the government to recognize the Republic of Macedonia under its constitutional name, which is the Republic of Macedonia and no other.”

- MP Lui Temelkovski, Oak Ridges Markham, introducing Private Member Bill C-443 An Act to recognize the Republic of Macedonia, in Canada’s federal parliament, May 6, 2007
        Last edited by Makedonetz; 06-24-2010, 08:59 PM.
        Makedoncite se borat
        za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
        - Goce Delchev

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

But what did Harper actually say when he attended the UMD conference?
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Makedonetz
            • Apr 2010

Risto i found this exerpt of his speech at the UMD conference.
            Mr. Harper did not fail to recognize the significance of the occasion, as highlighted in an excerpt from his speech: Is this what you were asking for

"For half a century, this Organization has worked to enrich the lives of Canadians of Macedonian descent, uniting your community and keeping alive your proud heritage and traditions. So it is with great pleasure that I offer my congratulations on the occasion of this Organization’s 50th anniversary. Since the early 19th century, Canada has been the home to a vibrant Macedonian Diaspora. Early immigrants left all they knew behind in search of a better life for their children and found both opportunity and prosperity on our shores. And Canada, in turn, has been enriched by the contributions of Macedonian Canadians. As devoted family- and community-conscious neighbours, as enthusiastic participants in the democratic process, as hardworking entrepreneurs, dedicated and accomplished professionals, each and every day, Macedonian Canadians are helping to build a stronger, better country for all of us. Not to mention padding out the front lines of a few of NHL teams in the process! But seriously, ladies and gentlemen, the same values that guide community members here in Canada are also inspiring your friends and loved ones living in Macedonia. Since Macedonia declared its independence in 1991, the country has made great strides in democratic and economic progress. And although there have been, and will yet be, challenges, along the way, Macedonia is already proving itself an important member of the European family. I know that you will all keep a close watch, all of you, on developments in Macedonia, just as you continue to contribute each and every day to building a stronger Canada. One of our great strengths as Canadians is that we learn from our history; we are not enslaved by it. We put old arguments behind us and focus on the challenges and opportunities that lie before us. And I know Macedonian-Canadians, through their hard work and commitment to community, will always be at the forefront of the effort to move this country forward."

Macedonian Toronto is the blog dedicated to covering the events, news, culture, and history of the Macedonian community in Toronto, Canada.
            Makedoncite se borat
            za svoite pravdini!

- Goce Delchev

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Oh, the UMD has been around for half a century now?
              Perhaps it was a speech about somebody else.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Makedonetz
                • Apr 2010

Its hard to find more information on his speech wonder why?

even the UMD website has not been updated?

Im not familiar with the UMD but who actually runs this organisation? LOL
                Makedoncite se borat
                za svoite pravdini!

- Goce Delchev

Comment

• Volk
                  • Sep 2008

No, No, lets spit on people that work and help our cause, we can give them the Metaxa award... I wonder what criteria one would need to meet to get that award.
                  Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Vangelovski
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Makedonetz View Post
                    Risto i found this exerpt of his speech at the UMD conference.
                    Mr. Harper did not fail to recognize the significance of the occasion, as highlighted in an excerpt from his speech: Is this what you were asking for

"For half a century, this Organization has worked to enrich the lives of Canadians of Macedonian descent, uniting your community and keeping alive your proud heritage and traditions. So it is with great pleasure that I offer my congratulations on the occasion of this Organization’s 50th anniversary. Since the early 19th century, Canada has been the home to a vibrant Macedonian Diaspora. Early immigrants left all they knew behind in search of a better life for their children and found both opportunity and prosperity on our shores. And Canada, in turn, has been enriched by the contributions of Macedonian Canadians. As devoted family- and community-conscious neighbours, as enthusiastic participants in the democratic process, as hardworking entrepreneurs, dedicated and accomplished professionals, each and every day, Macedonian Canadians are helping to build a stronger, better country for all of us. Not to mention padding out the front lines of a few of NHL teams in the process! But seriously, ladies and gentlemen, the same values that guide community members here in Canada are also inspiring your friends and loved ones living in Macedonia. Since Macedonia declared its independence in 1991, the country has made great strides in democratic and economic progress. And although there have been, and will yet be, challenges, along the way, Macedonia is already proving itself an important member of the European family. I know that you will all keep a close watch, all of you, on developments in Macedonia, just as you continue to contribute each and every day to building a stronger Canada. One of our great strengths as Canadians is that we learn from our history; we are not enslaved by it. We put old arguments behind us and focus on the challenges and opportunities that lie before us. And I know Macedonian-Canadians, through their hard work and commitment to community, will always be at the forefront of the effort to move this country forward."

http://macedoniantoronto.blogspot.co...1_archive.html
                    This is not UMD, its the United Macedonians of Canada, a completely separate organisation.
                    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Makedonetz View Post
                      He did a speech for a new crkva that opened in Markham.
                      Is that all?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Volk View Post
                        No, No, lets spit on people that work and help our cause, we can give them the Metaxa award... I wonder what criteria one would need to meet to get that award.
                        No, let's not do that, instead, let's give everybody that dares to call us by our real name an honourary award, because we know that common courtesy and respect is too much to ask for us poor and humble Macedonians. For the record, good on Harper, an official thanks should be sufficient rather than trying to cram our heads up his ass for displaying some decency.
                        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Volk
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                          No, let's not do that, instead, let's give everybody that dares to call us by our real name an honourary award, because we know that common courtesy and respect is too much to ask for us poor and humble Macedonians. For the record, good on Harper, an official thanks should be sufficient rather than trying to cram our heads up his ass for displaying some decency.
                          Like you have stated UMD is neither an official representative of the Macedonian State, Nation or the Diaspora. So if you put it in context, what is wrong for a Macedonian Diaspora group awarding someone that played a key role in the recognition of our name by a major country in the world?

If the State gave him this award I would agree, but it did not, nema nikakvo ponizuvane ovde.

All this does is create further bridges and more allies for our cause.

Unfortunately you cannot see this.
                          Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• XRVOL
                            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Volk View Post
                            Like you have stated UMD is neither an official representative of the Macedonian State, Nation or the Diaspora. So if you put it in context, what is wrong for a Macedonian Diaspora group awarding someone that played a key role in the recognition of our name by a major country in the world?

If the State gave him this award I would agree, but it did not, nema nikakvo ponizuvane ovde.

All this does is create further bridges and more allies for our cause.

Unfortunately you cannot see this.
                            Well said.

Comment

• iskra
                              • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                              But what did Harper actually say when he attended the UMD conference?
                              Good question. Did he actually attend? No. UMD led people to believe he would attend even though they knew that he wasn't coming.

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                              Oh, the UMD has been around for half a century now?
                              Perhaps it was a speech about somebody else.
                              Another good question, I am sure volk and xrvol can help here. Has UMD been around for 50 years?

Comment

Working...
                              X