The Arvanites of Central Greece, the Slavs and the modern Greeks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

The Arvanites of Central Greece, the Slavs and the modern Greeks!

Source: Bintliff, J.L. (2003).
    The ethnoarchaeology of a 'passive' ethnicity: The Arvanites of Central Greece. In K.S. Brown & Y. Hamilakis (Eds.), The Usable Past. Greek Metahistories, pp. 129-144.

This book is a real eyeopener for those who are in denial of the real ethnic makeup of Greece.

Macedonian Truth Organisation
  • Pelister
    • Sep 2008

This is remarkable.

I sense that "Slavic" was always native to the region.

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

i had a feeling that there was Slavic influence on Greece but not to this extent.As a matter of fact Greece has tried to hide her slavic roots of her past.It has done a lot of highlighting of Macedonias.So all in all you can say Greece has had more of her fair share.Greece is more slavic than Macedonia.Proof that Greece is not as pure people as they thought
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Hey ... I just read a good name for Greece once this compromise is sorted out .... The "imagined community" of Greeks.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

So even the 14th century Greek-speakers who lived among the Albanians were basically descendants of Slavs. All of these Slavs and Albanians, with the Vlach factor not even considered, so many different groups, how significant could 'Hellenic' blood be?
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
            So even the 14th century Greek-speakers who lived among the Albanians were basically descendants of Slavs. All of these Slavs and Albanians, with the Vlach factor not even considered, so many different groups, how significant could 'Hellenic' blood be?
            Not much if any. Daskale this is a great text. Thanks for putting in the time to post these.
            Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

Working...
            X