X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The LION will ROAR
    • Jan 2009

NO..! They do not represent me...
    Did UMD consult with the other Diasporas around the world..or did they decide to take it on without asking our views...?
    Who ever wants a name change...then they lost my support..
    METO is a soft person..I can see him easily manipulated by others..
    The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
      • Oct 2009

Here is the Official Program with Speakers: http://umdiaspora.org/images/UMDGC20...am05.24.10.doc

Speaker Bios are located under Program at the following link: http://www.UMDGlobalConference.org
      For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
      http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
      Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
      Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
      Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Buktop
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
        I didn't state it as fact.

US census statistics are much more reliable than Buktopian statistics.
        No, you inferred it so as to maintain a degree of deniability, that doesn't change the fact that you are alleging the source of the funding is a government conspiracy.

Have you ever seen the US census question on ethnicity? Do you know people who administrate the US census? Because I have a feeling I may be just a little bit more informed about the US census than you are.
        "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
        though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
        Our long awaited hour will draw near
        and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
          No, you inferred it so as to maintain a degree of deniability, that doesn't change the fact that you are alleging the source of the funding is a government conspiracy.

Have you ever seen the US census question on ethnicity? Do you know people who administrate the US census? Because I have a feeling I may be just a little bit more informed about the US census than you are.
          Being informed n'all ... Would you have joined up with the MPO for census purposes Buktop?
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Buktop
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by OziMak View Post
            If you want to guess what someone is thinking you need to go back over their history for clues. Some of you seem to have a positive view of the usa while others have the opposite and you each cite examples. You are both right as you are equally both wrong. Go back over usa history and you will see one consistency in their actions - what’s good for the usa is good for the usa and everything else is questionable. The only exception is Israel. But leaving them aside if you are on the positive side of the wind in usas interests then you gain if you are not then you potentially stand to loose. Some might say what’s wrong with that - shouldn’t a countries representatives first concern is their country. The sentiment from the rest of you can be summed up as pick your mates and stick with them. Nice sentiments but unrealistic in politics yet in this pc world it is exactly what we are meant to say and not do. I wont go into the pros and cons of supporting Macedonia now but in reference to the Albanians one needs to remember they are the usas science experiment to show the rest of the Muslim world the usa is not against Muslims just radical terrorist types who happen to be Muslim. Hence the unwavering support for the Albanians in Kosovo and Macedonia and if put to the test they will be against Greece. Gruevski playing nice to the Albanians in parliament is only in keeping with usa rule number one. Gruevskis attempts to include other minorities particularly the other Muslim groups to dilute the Albanians power is condoned by the usa because this action shows the Muslim world the usa and Macedonia like all Muslims equally. No bad publicity from the Muslim world yet achieve your end to dilute the Albania power in Macedonia. Marifet. This is how the usa works.

To answer the question of this thread I’ll start by qualifying my answer with the umd have the coolest name for a Macedonian diaspora organization and it would be great if all Macedonians world wide could present themselves as a united front and be taken more seriously and the umd would be a polished name for such a united front but their back flips and dubious comments from time to time do not fill me with confidence they are upto the task. Rather then killing the umd maybe the faces representing it need changing to not only reflect the views of the Macedonians in the diaspora which is what they should be doing but more importantly be able to do it competently. Surely there are highly educated Macedonians in the diaspora who could better fill the positions.

By the way in a different thread much earlier I proposed Prolet Jankovska and Bucktop for the three diaspora seats in parliament so they can give the what for and set them strait.
            I have to say, I completely agree with this post.

Thanks for the nomination by the way

Comment

• indigen
              • May 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
              A vote for the EU is a vote for the framework agreement. In fact it is even worse than the framework agreement on its own in my opinion. And that is saying something.
              Bump!

A good topic thread worthwhile reading, especially if one has not read it before!

Comment

• Buktop
                • Oct 2009

I did vote yes, but I have to also agree with Volk and say, I cannot completely consider any organization or group my sole representative as a member of the Diaspora. I consider UMD one of many organizations that represent me

Comment

• Buktop
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                  Being informed n'all ... Would you have joined up with the MPO for census purposes Buktop?
                  No, not without certain assurances.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                    • Oct 2009

Join us for the Second Annual UMD Global Conference

June 3-6, 2010
                    The Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel
                    Toronto, Canada

Visit the official website - www.UMDGlobalConference.org
                    Please tell your friends about the conference!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 is your Last Chance to Save $100 for the 2nd Annual UMD Global Conference! Register Today! https://web.memberclicks.com/mc/quic...d&formId=74489

Regular Full Conference Registration - $299
                    Student Full Conference Registration - $199

Pricing includes all programming for the entire 4-day Conference and Gala. Click http://umdiaspora.org/images/UMDGC20...am05.24.10.doc to download the official program along with speaker information. You can read the biographies of all speakers, by clicking http://umdglobalconference.com/index...d=80&Itemid=95.
                    For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
                    http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
                    Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
                    Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
                    Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Vangelovski
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop View Post

Conspiracy?? US Government funding for charitable organisations is not a conspiracy, nor is it illegal. However, in circumstances such as this one, it does go towards the "moral credentials" of the recieving organisation.

Re the census, the figures are there in black and white, regardless of 'what YOU know'.
                      Last edited by Vangelovski; 05-24-2010, 10:43 PM.
                      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by OziMak
                        By the way in a different thread much earlier I proposed Prolet Jankovska and Bucktop for the three diaspora seats in parliament so they can give the what for and set them strait
                        Buktop and Prolet? Lol, you're joking, right?
                        Originally posted by Buktop
                        I consider UMD one of many organizations that represent me
                        Thanks for casting your vote, "a" or "the" representative, irrelevant, don't knit-pick. The fact is, when Meto and the UMD talk, you consider them your representative.
                        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Buktop
                          • Oct 2009

The figures are there in black and white, regardless of 'what YOU know'.
                          And what is your point? Even if the census was 100% accurate, which it's not, what is your point? that 120k turks in the US can't raise $300k? I have already addressed this in my previous post.

You are so blinded by your frustration that you are going to argue with me over the actual number of Turks in the US?

Did you miss these questions buddy?
                          Have you ever seen the US census question on ethnicity? Do you know people who administrate the US census?

Comment

• Buktop
                            • Oct 2009

Conspiracy?? US Government funding for charitable organisations is not a conspiracy, nor is it illegal. However, in circumstances such as this one, it does go towards the "moral credentials" of the recieving organisation.
                            No but you alleging that it was government funding for the purposes of "policy alignment" is conspiracy, and no amount of rationalization will change that... Do some research and let us know if you find the real assassins of JFK while you are at it...

Comment

• Vangelovski
                              • Sep 2008

Buktop,

Why on earth would a Turkish non-profit organisation incorporated in 2007 provide $300,000 to non Turkish organisations?

And yes, I am questioning the ability of a newly incorporated organisation to raise so much funding to give to other community organisations from such a small population in such a short period of time. Don't you think they would have more pressing issues than Meto's salary and trips around the world?

Policy alignment is not a conspiracy - it happens on a daily basis. The moral 'credibility' of it is something else.
                              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Buktop
                                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                                Thanks for casting your vote, "a" or "the" representative, irrelevant, don't knit-pick. The fact is, when Meto and the UMD talk, you consider them your representative.
                                Well depending on which "article" you use can change the meaning of the question. Just trying to eliminate any discrepancies.

Comment

Working...
                                X