X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
    And what is your point? Even if the census was 100% accurate, which it's not, what is your point? that 120k turks in the US can't raise $300k? I have already addressed this in my previous post.
    Do you reckon they could muster $30 million in contributions and grants in a year?
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
      Well depending on which "article" you use can change the meaning of the question. Just trying to eliminate any discrepancies.
      Buktop,

If you want to eliminate any doubt, let us know which UMD policies and/or statements you do not agree with.
      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Buktop
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
        Buktop,

Why on earth would a Turkish non-profit organisation incorporated in 2007 provide $300,000 to non Turkish organisations?

And yes, I am questioning the ability of a newly incorporated organisation to raise so much funding to give to other community organisations from such a small population in such a short period of time. Don't you think they would have more pressing issues than Meto's salary and trips around the world?

Policy alignment is not a conspiracy - it happens on a daily basis. The moral 'credibility' of it is something else.
        Why don't you contact them and ask them Vangelovski, rather than making accusations and conspiracy theories, make an actual effort to get some answers. Give them a call, write them an e-mail, just stop whining like a child.

I gave you plenty of reasons why such an organization would be capable of raising those funds. Do you happen to know the size of the Turkish diaspora?

Your accusation that the grant match was a government funded policy alignment is a conspiracy theory that you have no proof or evidence to support. You don't even have any valid reasoning to question it. You're whole line of questioning, and reasoning for alleging it was a policy alignment is because you don't understand why they would share some money with the UMD... You are a regular Sherlock Holmes...
        "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
        though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
        Our long awaited hour will draw near
        and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Buktop
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
          Do you reckon they could muster $30 million in contributions and grants in a year?
          $30 million seems a bit much, they definitely have the capacity to raise a great deal of funding, not to mention whether or not they are connected to other Turkish diaspora orgs within the US or in Europe. While I don't believe the number is as high as $30 million, I would not be so quick to rule it out.

Comment

• Buktop
            • Oct 2009

I think another thing people should realize is the amount of funding that comes from big Business'. Donations are tax deductible and many companies are willing to throw some money towards non-profit orgs. Not all funding for UMD comes from Macedonians, and not all funding for Turkish orgs comes from Turks.

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

Buktop,

You don't need to defend UMD, but seeing as you insist on doing so, I'm asking you the question: Why would TCA (incorporated in 2007) provide $150,000 to UMD?

Yes, I know how large the Turkish-American community is - 117,000 (US Census).

One of my theories was that the original source of the $150,000 was the US Government. There are other possibilities as well, but seeing as you chose to vehemently deny this one, it seemed more plausible

After further investigation, TCA did in fact recieve $30 million in "grants and donations" in its first year of incorporation...
              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Buktop
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                Buktop,

You don't need to defend UMD, but seeing as you insist on doing so, I'm asking you the question: Why would TCA (incorporated in 2007) provide $150,000 to UMD?
                Not defending UMD here, I am trying to figure out how you could possibly come to the conclusion that TCA would be allocating government money to UMD for a policy alignment...

Yes, I know how large the Turkish-American community is - 117,000 (US Census).
                I asked you if you knew how large the Turkish Diaspora was, not how big the US Turkish diaspora was...

One of my theories was that the original source of the $150,000 was the US Government. There are other possibilities as well, but seeing as you chose to vehemently deny this one, it seemed more plausible
                Would you care to share your reasoning for this assumption? or would you like to retain the image of a conspiracy theorist?

After further investigation, TCA did in fact recieve $30 million in "grants and donations" in its first year of incorporation...
                mhm, so did this $30 million also come from the US government? Or are you finally starting to believe what I am trying to tell you...

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                  • Oct 2009

New Jersey Premiere of A Name is A Name - June 11, 2010

More details and to buy your tickets, click here: http://www.acteva.com/booking.cfm?bevaid=196790
                  For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
                  http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
                  Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
                  Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
                  Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Vangelovski
                    • Sep 2008

Buktop,

This may be new to you, but the US Government, along with many other governments, provide funding for many organisations through intermediaries. Again, no big conspiracy there.

TCA is not the only Turkish organisation in the US. It would be a highly competitive environment for the various Turkish organisations in terms of fundraising, particularly with such a small community. Just to give you an idea of how many Turkish organisations in the US are vying for funding see http://www.turkishcoalition.org/organization.html

TCA was incorporated in 2007 and managed to raise $30 million in its first year? Many of those organisations have been around for more than a decade and have not managed to do what the TCA did in its first year of incorporation...something that it did not achieve in 2008, where it only managed to raise $1.6 million through "grants and donations etc". Why the massive discrepancy? Why the huge success in 2007 and relative failure in 2008?

Comment

• indigen
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by amitreski View Post
                      Originally Posted by osiris View Post
                      mitreski are you able to give us a break down of where most of umds finacial support comes from.
                      On a public forum? Are you kidding?
                      I like this response, it displays a lot of "public accountability".

Comment

• Mikail
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
                        New Jersey Premiere of A Name is A Name - June 11, 2010

More details and to buy your tickets, click here: http://www.acteva.com/booking.cfm?bevaid=196790
                        How can you continue to post your announcements amongst so many questions about you and your organisation?

To me, it demonstrates your unwillingness to be transparent. You have much to hide and your actions are quite despicable!
                        From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Volk
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mikail View Post
                          How can you continue to post your announcements amongst so many questions about you and your organisation?

To me, it demonstrates your unwillingness to be transparent. You have much to hide and your actions are quite despicable!
                          Are you fking kidding me? you want them to have an audit for you as well.
                          Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Vangelovski
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Volk View Post
                            That is what non-profit organisations do. And the great majority of them are accountable and transparent enough to make their finances (and audits) public.

Comment

• Mikail
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Volk View Post
                              What fucking audit are you on about? How about just clearing up the the air! Clearing your name that is full of controversy!
                              From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Vangelovski
                                • Sep 2008

Here's some advice from the Institute of Charted Accountants in Australia:

Although not-for-profit (NFP) organisations come in many shapes and sizes, they must all communicate with the people who give money or time to them, as well as those who buy goods or services from them. Annual and financial reports represent a prime opportunity to do this. As well as demonstrating transparency, a good report will underline achievements and show where an organisation has made a difference.

http://www.charteredaccountants.com....t_guidance.pdf

That's some 'best-practice' for you "Volk"

Comment

Working...
                                X