Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

I would rather they post it here, then others can access it freely. The private correspondence over such information needs to cease.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
      • Oct 2009

SoM, sure, as long as we have it in one place to access. UMD would like to put up the exhibition once complete on our website either in photo or video format.

Also, another thing that would be key is if someone could provide a list of the Macedonian villages/towns burnt to the ground and people died/displaced as a result.
      For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
      http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
      Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
      Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
      Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Pelister
        • Sep 2008

I can think of two obvious examples of cultural genocide.

Changing the names of Macedonian places ...
        Changing Macedonian personal names ...

Evidence is ubiqutious, wouldn't know where to go exactly right now but will look into it.

Comment

• Bill77
          • Oct 2009

"Name Changes of Settlements in Greece" by "Title"

It gives you info such as old name-new name, date the name was changed and more.
          http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• julie
            • May 2009

displaced people? what about the detsa begaltsi, and what about the people that fled or faced execution for not abiding by the name changes. my maternal grandfather aNd mothers family were one of these "displaced" people. what evidence is required?
            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Daskalot
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
              Good link, thank you for sharing it.
              Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                • Oct 2009

displaced

Originally posted by julie View Post
                displaced people? what about the detsa begaltsi, and what about the people that fled or faced execution for not abiding by the name changes. my maternal grandfather aNd mothers family were one of these "displaced" people. what evidence is required?
                Julie, deca begalci were displaced from their homes. Any pictures of your family members at the concentration camps in Eastern Europe would be appreciated.

Comment

• julie
                  • May 2009

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
                  Julie, deca begalci were displaced from their homes. Any pictures of your family members at the concentration camps in Eastern Europe would be appreciated.
                  my aunt ended up in an orphanage in Serbia, Bela Crkva, as a 4 year old, she was found by my great uncle when he went searching for some of his own children, years later unfortunately i dont have any photographs.

She was cared for by older Macedonian children and the Red Cross

I dont think you will be able to successfully receive photographs from many of these people, most were small children with no belongings.

I dont have photographs of my grandfather fleeing under gunfire from the Greeks across the border.
                  He was being led away to be beheaded in the village square in Dolno Kotori, Lerin, florina Aegean Macedonia.
                  He literally ran away whilst being shot at. He did not want his name changed. he did not want to be called anything other than Macedonian. He did not accept the Greek forced upon his children at the schools. He did not want to worship in Greek, his grandfather was a priest and was the last of 7 generations of priets.

He fled across the border , and settled in a village called Bistrica just out of Bitola. He was a stonemason and died in poverty and endured a life of hardship
                  His distant cousin was a Greek spy and stole "accumulated" my grandfathers property and vineyards in Kotori.

I wont talk about my vuyce, that is another story the torture he endured
                  They did not take photographs of that.
                  "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                    • Oct 2009

Julie

Originally posted by julie View Post
                    my aunt ended up in an orphanage in Serbia, Bela Crkva, as a 4 year old, she was found by my great uncle when he went searching for some of his own children, years later unfortunately i dont have any photographs.

She was cared for by older Macedonian children and the Red Cross

I dont think you will be able to successfully receive photographs from many of these people, most were small children with no belongings.

I dont have photographs of my grandfather fleeing under gunfire from the Greeks across the border.
                    He was being led away to be beheaded in the village square in Dolno Kotori, Lerin, florina Aegean Macedonia.
                    He literally ran away whilst being shot at. He did not want his name changed. he did not want to be called anything other than Macedonian. He did not accept the Greek forced upon his children at the schools. He did not want to worship in Greek, his grandfather was a priest and was the last of 7 generations of priets.

He fled across the border , and settled in a village called Bistrica just out of Bitola. He was a stonemason and died in poverty and endured a life of hardship
                    His distant cousin was a Greek spy and stole "accumulated" my grandfathers property and vineyards in Kotori.

I wont talk about my vuyce, that is another story the torture he endured
                    They did not take photographs of that.
                    Julie, for those that are alive, perhaps a video recording of them talking about what they endured so we can share with the world. Oral history is key. If they do not speak English, we can get it translated.

Also, writing down all of this and documenting it.

Comment

• vodenka
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post

The above is the law decree 17/26 September 1926 by which the names of the places all over Greece were changed. Not exactly all Greece: Epirus, Thessaly and Peloponese the old slavic toponyms did not change by force and are still used but in Macedonia the law was enforced 100% and not a single macedonian toponym is used today. The name change by this law was enforced also for associations, NGOs, cooperatives, etc.

Comment

• osiris
                        • Sep 2008

its interesting how an organization with a few hundred members has the funds to open offices pay functionaries and have such a close relationship with our government.

they dont represent anyone other than their 200 plus members, meto has a very limited understanding nd knowledge of our history and political situation yet they wield such influence, there is something very fishy going on here.

Comment

• Prolet
                          • Sep 2009

Osiris, Meto said they have over 4000 members and are well supported in North America and Europe this is why they are opening up offices there..

UMD is an NGO which means they are not directly linked with any Government, however they work with the Current Government which is what every organization does, UMD is seen as a very important lobby group around the Diaspora that is there to bring countries where there is a strong Macedonian Minority closer to Stari Kraj, their aim is to establish good relations and stronger friendships with countries like Australia,New Zealand,Canada and USA.
                          МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Mikail
                            • Sep 2008

That's good Prolet. Although they haven't really fulfilled their namesake. To call the group United Macedonian Diaspora represent real patriotism and a desire to fight for Macedonian rights. Meto himself has not made any of those representations and that is a shame in itself.
                            From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• osiris
                              • Sep 2008

prolet meto is the gotse delchev so he would lie about anything.

so i guess i must be wrong.

Comment

• Prolet
                                • Sep 2009

Osiris, Meto was called the young Goce Delchev by a Macedonian Historian, who at the time felt honored and privileged while listening to Metodija's speech. Its not like Meto gave himself this name, like i mentioned in my above post this is what the aim is of having a Diaspora Organization what happens in between and what mistakes are made is a different topic altogether.
                                МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

Working...
                                X