Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Same, that's why I'm asking for their OFFICIAL remarks.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
      • Jan 2009

IS anyone going to the UMD meeting tommorrow in Sydney Ilinden Cultural Centre, Rockdale 12 Feb. at 6:30 p.m....?
      The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
        • Jan 2009

IS anyone from the group going to the UMD meeting tommorrow in Sydney Ilinden Cultural Centre, Rockdale 12 Feb. at 6:30 p.m....?
        The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Prolet
          • Sep 2009

Naa i cant make it to this one
          МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
            • Jan 2009

I might go and see what METO has to say...?
            If anyone is going I'd love to meet up and have a drink.....or two...

Comment

• julie
              • May 2009

Originally posted by The LION will ROAR View Post
              I might go and see what METO has to say...?
              If anyone is going I'd love to meet up and have a drink.....or two...
              Hey Lion, you will probably need more than a drink or 2 after it
              "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by julie View Post
                Hey Lion, you will probably need more than a drink or 2 after it
                Your probably right Julie...lol
                But Maybe after the 3rd drink..I'll have the courage to stand up and ask him afew questions....lol

Comment

• julie
                  • May 2009

Originally posted by The LION will ROAR View Post
                  Your probably right Julie...lol
                  But Maybe after the 3rd drink..I'll have the courage to stand up and ask him afew questions....lol
                  careful, dont sit too close to the front when you do comrade, you may get pointed at
                  "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Dejan
                    • Sep 2008

I plan to go to Rockdale to see what the UMD are about.
                    You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Buktop
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by aleksandrov View Post
                      Bucktop,

When UMD preaches that America is Macedonia's 'best friend' it always stresses the recognition of the Constitutional name. I didn't ask you about your personal opinion on whether and how the US is Macedonia's 'best friend', but why UMD chooses to engage in such preaching to the Macedonian public, especially in the diaspora, if not to influence the Macedonian people's acts or omissions? Does that amount to the UMD senselessly offending our intelligence or deceptively serving US global hegemonism at the expense of Macedonian sovereignty and effective resistance against Albanian racist separatism, occupation and ethnic cleansing of parts of Macedonia (and Kosovo)?

P.S. If America is truly our "best friend" in the context of military and economic cooperation, then why the scaremongering about the allegedly catastrophic consequences of not being admitted into NATO?
                      I can only offer my opinion, I am not privy to the exact details of their decision to endorse US-Macedonian cooperation. All I can tell you is what I know and that is what I have said already. I can allege that due to their proximity to the epicenter of US policy making that they may have a significantly higher pull with certain circles than we previously possessed, but again, this would be better discussed with UMD board members than left to speculation on our end.

I have not seen the UMD claim that Macedonia should be subservient to US foreign policy, nor have I seen UMD claim that Macedonia should sell their sovereignty or identity to secure the aide of the US.

My original statement was that the average citizen of the Republic of Macedonia cares very little whether the United States recognizes us, and the decision of the United States to recognize Macedonia pre-referendum in 2004 played a very small role in the absence of voters, rather it was the government that used empty blackmail and scare tactics to push the citizens to subservience, had the citizens realized that the threats coming from the government were not conceivably or realistically possible there would have been a different outcome. This is proof of the mentality that the citizens possess.
                      "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
                      though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
                      Our long awaited hour will draw near
                      and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Pelister
                        • Sep 2008

I was impressed by Meto, but not convinced.

I think that we need an organization like or similar to UMD, and more polished and professional presenters like Meto. UMD has alot of potential to organize our resources and efforts. I can understand that it is raising our profile ...etc. Meto has some excellent qualities, but there is so much lacking too.

But it is UMD's soft stance on the critical issues facing all Macedonians that bothers me.

Since its inception UMD have defended and openly supported anti-Macedonian institutions, clubs and strucrures...etc.

It has not only stood behind various anti-Macedonian "processes" still in operation, but DEFENDED them.

This is not the time to be advancing our interests by acquising or capitualting to Western demands, institutions and structures, or Western rhetoric. UMD has to find some principles if it is able to and reconicle its greed for the growth of its organization and those principles, or it is just a whore of the West.

There is no moral, historical or legal justification for negotiating or changing our name.

Comment

• Pelister
                          • Sep 2008

Buktop wrote:

I have not seen the UMD claim that Macedonia should be subservient to US foreign policy, nor have I seen UMD claim that Macedonia should sell their sovereignty or identity to secure the aide of the US.
                          Isn't a defence of the negotiations under the current conditions, a defence of the Interim Accord, of our admission to the E.U and NATO under the current conditions - evidence in its own right of UMD supporting at a bare minimum certain Western processes and structures that are fundamentally anti-Macedonian?
                          Last edited by Pelister; 02-11-2010, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• amitreski
                            • Feb 2010

No it is not.
                            "No, it is not the critic who counts. Not the one who points out how a strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and may come up short, who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails daring greatly." - Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

• amitreski
                              • Feb 2010

Pelister

UMD HAS NEVER supported a name change, as you can see in many press releases and our resolution from the global conference.

Once again NO NAME CHANGE.
                              Last edited by amitreski; 03-30-2010, 07:45 AM.
                              "No, it is not the critic who counts. Not the one who points out how a strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and may come up short, who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails daring greatly." - Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

• amitreski
                                • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Pelister View Post

Since its inception UMD have defended and openly supported anti-Macedonian institutions, clubs and strucrures...etc.
                                What anti-Macedonian institutions? NATO and EU? The same institutions that are supported by the Macedonians in The Republic of Macedonia by 90%?

Comment

Working...
                                X