• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by vodenka View Post
    http://www.dnevnik.com.mk/default.as...3329A442A6BBA8

An interview of Evgenija Natsoulidou about real problems the Macedonians in Egejska front even today because of the discriminating racist greek bureaucracy.
    If Macedonians in the Republic of Macedonia have one problem with Greece about the official name of the state, Macedonians in Egejska have huge problems about property rights, as well as other human rights which are not respected by Greece. Don't we need do something about it?
    The first thing Evgenija should do with this newly awarded title is to contact European news outlets and highlight the issues of the Macedonians in Greece, because this issue is not known to the general public in Europe.
    I think there is much to gain if German media is contacted. This needs to be done.
    Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Daskalot
      • Sep 2008

Our most important issue we have to focus on is the recognition of our nation.
      This is most effectively done by a PR campaign by the Macedonians in Greece, you need to contact and invite international news media to let them know that you even exist, because right now you are unknown to the general public in Europe and I even dare to say the world.
      As an appointed member of an international organisation established in the USA you have the perfect opportunity to do it and great leverage when contacting journalists at news outlets around the world.
      Invite them to do a reportage on the ground in Greece. You need to be seen so the world can take you seriously.
      This is your top priority all categories.
      Use the power that has been given to you, but use it wisely where it has the most effect.

Comment

• vodenka
        • Mar 2009

Even in the past I have taken some initiatives but for obvious reasons I never made public. I am sure that from now on it will be easier to have some contacts as UMD representative who will present the problems Macedonians in Egejska still face today.

Comment

• Daskalot
          • Sep 2008

I am with the Macedonian government that did what it could to change the decision taken by NATO in Bucharest, and in Chicago tried to get Macedonia into NATO with the provisional name. It was a decision taken by the Macedonian government, not UMD. The same goes for EU. I personally think that it will be much easier for Macedonia to solve this irrational name issue with Greece, when Macedonia will be an equal member inside these organizations and work from there against Greece's claims. From the outside, there is very little Macedonians can do. And even this little we could do, we do not do it.

Of course, you are free to disagree with the above.
          You need to do some thinking on this one.
          Honestly, the issue is not the name of the Republic but rather you Macedonians within Greek borders, you are the real issue to the name issue because you have not been neutralized yet. You are the key to all of this, think about it and you will see that I am correct.

Comment

• Daskalot
            • Sep 2008

Even in the past I have taken some initiatives but for obvious reasons I never made public. I am sure that from now on it will be easier to have some contacts as UMD representative who will present the problems Macedonians in Egejska still face today.
            Why not contact Die Zeit http://www.zeit.de or Süddeutsche Zeitung http://www.sueddeutsche.de I think they would be most interested to hear about your issues in Greece.

Comment

• Louis
              Banned
              • Jun 2012

LOL, that’s the exact sort of move that will gain you instant popularity. Vodenka, you’re receiving some brilliant advice around here.

Comment

• vodenka
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                You need to do some thinking on this one.
                Honestly, the issue is not the name of the Republic but rather you Macedonians within Greek borders, you are the real issue to the name issue because you have not been neutralized yet. You are the key to all of this, think about it and you will see that I am correct.
                It is a long time I am focusing on this but for a strange reason, when I try some action I hit on a wall! No help from anywhere....

Comment

• damian
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Louis View Post
                  LOL, that’s the exact sort of move that will gain you instant popularity. Vodenka, you’re receiving some brilliant advice around here.
                  Why wanting your human rights makes you unpopular among the wolves? .

Comment

• Zakynthian
                    • Jul 2012

@Vodenka

Why don't you apply to the ECHR concerning your matter? As a greek citizen you have a right to pass this from national process to European Courts. This will bring popularity.
                    Last edited by Zakynthian; 07-11-2012, 01:58 AM.
                    From the Greeks of old whose dying
                    brought to life and spirit free
                    now with ancient valour rising
                    let us hail you, oh Liberty!

(Dionisios Solomos, Hymn to Liberty, 1823)

Comment

• vodenka
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Zakynthian View Post
                      @Vodenka

Why don't you apply to the ECHR concerning your matter? As a greek citizen you have a right to pass this from national process to European Courts. This will bring popularity.
                      About the 72,000 properties without titles
                      About the post of the 72000 properties without title deeds should be noted that the properties without titles, -and especially in the New Lands (note: Macedonia/Thrace)- may be much more and this is not exclusively due to omissions of government, but largely to the fact that .. in a very short time (from Liberation until now) it had to solve many complex issues, such as conservation of validity of Ottoman deeds, rehabilitation of refugees, land distribution and land reforms and land reforms on new distribution of old ones, so in fact a continuous new decrees were issued, laws on laws, etc. The above course may sound strange to the laws of other countries in Europe where no changes occurred on their territories for centuries, but in our troubled Greece, where other parts were liberated in 1823, others in 1913, the phenomenon is common although regrettable, but justified. So do not shoot the pianist, the Greek State I mean. It is still trying. Sotiris Tsompanoudis lawyer
                      (translated from Greek into English)

I do not know how this post came about for the properties in Greece who have no property deeds (especially in Macedonia) but it shows the attitude of the greek state and its behavior as a colonist state who still is trying to steal lands from the native population! I think Greece is the only state in EU who still does not have a proper cadastre.
                      When I wrote to EU about this problems, they always answer that this are internal issues of the Greek state where they cannot intervene. To go to the International Courts, they need documents which Greek authorities just refuse to issue (a simple birth certificate, for instance, for the Deca Begalci). Only by political pressure these issues can be solved and not by single individuals.
                      We have lots of documentation to prove today Greece's racist and discriminatory policies. Not mentioning the past....

Comment

• Zakynthian
                        • Jul 2012

We have lots of documentation to prove today Greece's racist and discriminatory policies. Not mentioning the past....
                        With this lots of documentation I surely insist you should bypass national judiciary and step forwrd to ECHR. I'm not saying you go to the EUCouncil complaining with regular writings. They won't listen to you just like they never listened to the Basques, the Sorbs or the Tirolean in Italy. I mean the ECHR which is an indepedent institution. If there is proven central orchestrated rascist policy you will be vindicated.
                        From the Greeks of old whose dying
                        brought to life and spirit free
                        now with ancient valour rising
                        let us hail you, oh Liberty!

(Dionisios Solomos, Hymn to Liberty, 1823)

Comment

• vodenka
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Zakynthian View Post
                          With this lots of documentation I surely insist you should bypass national judiciary and step forwrd to ECHR. I'm not saying you go to the EUCouncil complaining with regular writings. They won't listen to you just like they never listened to the Basques, the Sorbs or the Tirolean in Italy. I mean the ECHR which is an indepedent institution. If there is proven central orchestrated rascist policy you will be vindicated.
                          Ok, I agree, we should try there.

Comment

• Daskalot
                            • Sep 2008

The most effect for least input of work is to invite foreign journalists from big international news outlets so the world will be able to read and see how racist the Greek government and most Greeks are towards the Macedonian minority in Greece. German news media would love to come to Greece and do a reportage. Rampant racism and mistreatment of a quite sizable minority group inside the European Union is high value news.
                            Don't you agree?

Comment

• machorot
                              • May 2010

About the 72,000 properties without titles
                              About the post of the 72000 properties without title deeds should be noted that the properties without titles, -and especially in the New Lands (note: Macedonia/Thrace)- may be much more and this is not exclusively due to omissions of government, but largely to the fact that .. in a very short time (from Liberation until now) it had to solve many complex issues, such as conservation of validity of Ottoman deeds, rehabilitation of refugees, land distribution and land reforms and land reforms on new distribution of old ones, so in fact a continuous new decrees were issued, laws on laws, etc. The above course may sound strange to the laws of other countries in Europe where no changes occurred on their territories for centuries, but in our troubled Greece, where other parts were liberated in 1823, others in 1913, the phenomenon is common although regrettable, but justified. So do not shoot the pianist, the Greek State I mean. It is still trying. Sotiris Tsompanoudis lawyer
                              (translated from Greek into English)

I do not know how this post came about for the properties in Greece who have no property deeds (especially in Macedonia) but it shows the attitude of the greek state and its behavior as a colonist state who still is trying to steal lands from the native population! I think Greece is the only state in EU who still does not have a proper cadastre.
                              When I wrote to EU about this problems, they always answer that this are internal issues of the Greek state where they cannot intervene. To go to the International Courts, they need documents which Greek authorities just refuse to issue (a simple birth certificate, for instance, for the Deca Begalci). Only by political pressure these issues can be solved and not by single individuals.
                              Vodenka, are you saying that Greece liberated Macedonia?

Comment

• George S.
                                • Aug 2009

My uncles family is from the aegean.They tried to ask for their ancestral lands.They were told without the deeds they got none & buckleys for the greeeks destroyed anything that had slavic names so the deeds are lost.At the same time someon else has got the lands like the prosfeges & they have been given a new deed in the 1920's,the greek govt gave them free land.
                                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                                X