Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lavce pelagonski
    • Nov 2009

Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan signed the long-awaited Eurasian Economic Union

Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan signed the long-awaited Eurasian Economic Union - EU competitors

Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan signed a long-awaited agreement on the Eurasian Economic Union , which will become operational in January 2015. The free trade zone will consist of more than 170 million people and reduce trade barriers among regional powers .

Customs Union is a project to collect bivshosovetskite countries in a free trade zone that would compete em European Union . Three members Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan make up only 2.5 percent of the world population but have 15 percent of the total land .

Trade will be abolished duties on goods like gas , oil and export duties on diamonds . Also , the geographical position of the country will help in attracting trade from East and West.

" The geographical position enables us to create a transport , logistics routes not only regional but also of global importance that will allow attracting huge trade flows in Europe and Asia," said Friday the Russian President Vladimir Putin at a meeting of the Supreme Eurasian Economic Council Astana , Kazakhstan , transmitted Rasha TODAY .

Together the three countries possess 20 percent of the gas reserves in the world and 15 percent of oil reserves.

The Russian leader said that this document will raise Russia , Kazakhstan and Belarus to a new level of integration and fully retain their sovereignty .

" We will provide close and united economic cooperation . Today we created a powerful and attractive center of economic development , a large regional market that unites more than 170 million people . Our community has vast reserves of natural resources , including energy , accounting for one- fifth of gas reserves in the world and 15 percent of oil reserves , " said Putin .

Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

There's an economic powerhouse....
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Mils
      • Mar 2013

Macedonia would do well to immediately seek membership to this potentially powerful organisation. It certainly makes far more sense. All these countries recognise Macedonia by its constitutional name and geographically we are located in the Eurasian sphere. They will not humiliate us with the insistence of changing our rightful name and we can therefore be considered equals rather than "peasants" who should do as told. We also share cultural and linguistic aspects that are a certain plus.
      Macedonia's experiment to suck up to the EU has obviously failed. Let's not lose this chance where we can become a member of a powerful growing bloc that will take in BOTH Europe and Asia. As I've said on previous occasions, Alexander had a reason to look towards the East - we should fulfil that dream and be part of this new era. Macedonia's politicians should be getting on the phone or boarding the next flight to Moscow and do their best to become a fully-fledged equal and respected member of this organisation but knowing us we'll blow this opportunity as well and very soon lose everything as we already are.

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

there is a niche in Macedonia in all this especially in exports of different things to bring home some money.But they need to make hard decisions along the way.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Volokin
          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Mils View Post
          Macedonia would do well to immediately seek membership to this potentially powerful organisation. It certainly makes far more sense. All these countries recognise Macedonia by its constitutional name and geographically we are located in the Eurasian sphere. They will not humiliate us with the insistence of changing our rightful name and we can therefore be considered equals rather than "peasants" who should do as told. We also share cultural and linguistic aspects that are a certain plus.
          Macedonia's experiment to suck up to the EU has obviously failed. Let's not lose this chance where we can become a member of a powerful growing bloc that will take in BOTH Europe and Asia. As I've said on previous occasions, Alexander had a reason to look towards the East - we should fulfil that dream and be part of this new era. Macedonia's politicians should be getting on the phone or boarding the next flight to Moscow and do their best to become a fully-fledged equal and respected member of this organisation but knowing us we'll blow this opportunity as well and very soon lose everything as we already are.
          Agreed. I would much prefer Macedonia align itself closer with Russia than the West.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mils View Post
            Macedonia would do well to immediately seek membership to this potentially powerful organisation. It certainly makes far more sense. All these countries recognise Macedonia by its constitutional name and geographically we are located in the Eurasian sphere. They will not humiliate us with the insistence of changing our rightful name and we can therefore be considered equals rather than "peasants" who should do as told.
            Macedonia should keep its options open and explore the potential benefits of such economic unions, but unfortunately, her politicians have their heads firmly up the rear ends of their EU puppet masters and nothing short of a revolution in the minds of her citizens will change that state of affairs.
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
              There's an economic powerhouse....
              I see noone picked up on my sarcasm...
              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

I see noone picked up on my sarcasm...
                The problem is, it could be!
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                  The problem is, it could be!
                  I doubt it. Russia is just Macedonia but on a larger scale. Corruption, nepotism, state capitalism, authoritarianism...these are its guiding principles. They've been tried and tested and they've failed over and over again. They would have to have their own moral revolution before anything changed and that is as likely to happen there as it is in Macedonia.

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

Tom amongst that sarcasm is the sheer irony that Macedonia despite the grat offerings won't budge to take adsvantage of things.We are so backwards in our nationalism that it defies belief.There are so many other things like improving our lot for once by taking advantage of things so that we can latch on to.It seems to be a forgone conclusion.Don't worry we all share your sarcasm just that we see the same old lame escuses for not performing properly.
                    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

I doubt it. Russia is just Macedonia but on a larger scale. Corruption, nepotism, state capitalism, authoritarianism...these are its guiding principles. They've been tried and tested and they've failed over and over again. They would have to have their own moral revolution before anything changed and that is as likely to happen there as it is in Macedonia.
                      China sounds about the same. 20 years ago nobody was talking about the Chinese economic superpower threat!
                      Risto the Great
                      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Redsun
                        • Jul 2013

Whats wrong with healthy competition?

I cant see why such an "economic powerhouse" could be a problem..?

Fair trade right?

If organizations such as the EU can operate and exist in the form the do, why wouldn't others compete, they would be mad to stay idle and put up a losing fight against such massive economic powers taking advantage of their "created" buying power against other weaker currencies. As these "powers" get larger and consume more countries, competition and trade changes. Currencies can change, power can shift.

Healthy competition through the worlds market. No problem at all.
                        Last edited by Redsun; 06-04-2014, 02:47 AM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

I doubt it. Russia is just Macedonia but on a larger scale. Corruption, nepotism, state capitalism, authoritarianism...these are its guiding principles.
                          The EU isn't much different, except that they wrap their corruption, nepotism and authoritarianism in a slightly thicker veneer of political correctness. Although pursuing an independent path in the current climate of the West versus the World is difficult, I don't think Macedonia should disregard economic options outside of the EU. I am not trying to excuse Russia's tainted history when it comes to such matters and Macedonia has its own social problems to worry about let alone those of other countries, but if there is something that we can gain from being somehow affiliated (even loosely) with such an economic union, we should explore it at the very least. At least it won't come at the cost of selling our identity.
                          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Redsun
                            • Jul 2013

Totally Agree. I can’t see what is so special about the EU?

Why allow only one economic union to fester and in time dictate the whole market.

What does the creation of the EU mean for small countries within Europe?

What does the existence of such a massive economic union mean to small countries and under developed countries around the world?

When a single union can dictate the values of commodities around the world due to their sheer size, this would be the end of fair trade and equal opportunity. How could a single country compete?

There is space in this world and the global economy for such healthy competition to exist, there is an empty void… for other economic unions to exist and contribute, this world wasn’t created for just one organization to dominate all trade.

If there is no organization to counter the EU than what choice do we have but to trade at the prices that the EU dictates?

I hope to see further development of this East European Union.

Patience…

Gruevski must be the worst poker player in the world, everyone on the table would be able to see his hand.

What does the EU have to offer Macedonia?

Comment

• Vangelovski
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                              China sounds about the same. 20 years ago nobody was talking about the Chinese economic superpower threat!
                              I don't think China is the economic superpower its made out to be. For the number of people it has, it should be producing 5 times what it is.

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                              The EU isn't much different, except that they wrap their corruption, nepotism and authoritarianism in a slightly thicker veneer of political correctness. Although pursuing an independent path in the current climate of the West versus the World is difficult, I don't think Macedonia should disregard economic options outside of the EU. I am not trying to excuse Russia's tainted history when it comes to such matters and Macedonia has its own social problems to worry about let alone those of other countries, but if there is something that we can gain from being somehow affiliated (even loosely) with such an economic union, we should explore it at the very least. At least it won't come at the cost of selling our identity.
                              I don't think you can compare corruption, nepotism and authoritarianism in the EU with Russia. While it does exist to some degree, these things permeate all aspects of society and the economy in Russia and Eastern Europe. But that's not to say if Macedonia doesn't join a Russian-led economic community it must join the EU.

Macedonia has a network of free trade agreements and boasts access to a market of 650 million customers. That's more than enough to go it alone, so to speak. The problem is corruption, nepotism and a complete lack of the rule of law. I don't think joining a Russian economic union would help it. Neither do I think membership of the EU would help Macedonia either. It just needs to take out the garbage. Until then, no one, inside or out, will be confident in investing their hard earned money.

Comment

Working...
                              X