X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EgejskaMakedonia
    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
    dont mean to sound like a prick, but you and the author just realised this ?
    Since when are things being done that is based on whats right ?
    You should of never recognized Kosovo in the first place. We didnt for obvious reasons.

I used to be anti-Isreali but ever since the Turks pushed them into our arms I can honestly say Im happy with the growing relations with them. You know what, at the end of the day they are surrounded my Islamofascists planning their demise. As Christians we do acknowledge the Jews as the "chosen" people and if we are to believe in our traditions then they have a divine right to Jeruselem unless you prefer to give that away to Islam as well. I used to feel for the Palestinians but they cant even get their own act together so if they dont care for their cause, why should I ?
    No, I've supported Palestine for years. I just think the comparison between Kosovo and Palestine makes it fundamentally clear that Kosovo is nothing more than a 'plant' or political strategy of America. If they really did care about self-determination, then Palestine would've been recognised years ago. All those bullshit reasons why Kosovo should be independent are only to add gloss to their own underlying interests.

Most of us were probably aware of this issue years ago, but I believe the author presents some very legitimate arguments that aren't always brought up in western media.

Kosovo, while causing relative chaos, is not an existential threat to any of its neighbours.
    Tom, I don't agree with this statement at all. Kosovo pose a very potent threat so long as they continue to harbour and protect terrorists. It's also made the theory of 'Greater Albania' somewhat achievable, and they aren't going to stop at Kosovo.

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
      • Sep 2010

Vangelovski is probably a big supporter of the greek macedonian negotiations. Vangelovski would also support if the Macedonian government agreed for the country to become 2 states, 1 for the albanians and 1 for the rest.

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

Greece feels threatened by so called small country macedonia.It's in the land of make beleive.First it's the flag then the name.Also it claims that macedonia has irridentist claims on greece the truth is the other way round.Macedonia is powerless to take on greece,also it has written out any claims to greek territory in the constitution.But how come greece is protesting even after asking macedonia to rewrite it's constitution.The rest they say is politics.It has a certain paranoia regarding macedonia.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Zarni
          Banned
          • May 2011

Well Voltron I care less for the Jews and Palestinians ask any Orthodox Jew or Zionist Jew they will tell you it is written in the Book they are special you, me are beneath them

But you know what fuck them all what do you think about the Greeks acknowledge the Macedonians then say sorry

Comment

• Voltron
            Banned
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
            it fundamentally clear that Kosovo is nothing more than a 'plant' or political strategy of America.
            How ironic we believe the exact same about Macedonia. Camp Bondsteel, the George W Bush allegiance, Afghanistan, Iraq , Recognition of Kosovo.
            Now since the NeoCons are gone and the support you had from them is no longer in place you found a new best friend in Turkey.

Tom, I don't agree with this statement at all. Kosovo pose a very potent threat so long as they continue to harbour and protect terrorists. It's also made the theory of 'Greater Albania' somewhat achievable, and they aren't going to stop at Kosovo.
            Only when you keep giving will they keep taking. A stand has to be made and a good first step is to prevent any further mosques from being built and stricter immigration policies for Albanians. Stronger central government and less minority rights but keeping individual rights as citizens. They wont like it but thats the only thing that can be done.
            Last edited by Voltron; 02-17-2012, 07:50 AM.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
              • Jan 2010

How ironic we believe the exact same about Macedonia. Camp Bondsteel, the George W Bush allegiance, Afghanistan, Iraq , Recognition of Kosovo.
              Now since the NeoCons are gone and the support you had from them is no longer in place you found a new best friend in Turkey.
              Did I say something to upset you Voltron, or do you not like my username?

To classify America as a close friend of Macedonia is outright laughable. Perhaps you're forgetting about the bombs they dropped on Macedonian villages in the Aegean during the Greek civil war. Or maybe you fail to recall their support for Albanian terrorists in the 2001 conflict. A 'friend' wouldn't continually intervene in such a manner.

Turkey may have been our enemy once upon a time, yet they have shown far more goodwill towards Macedonia than any other nation in recent times. Don't let your hate for Turkey cloud your judgement. Greece has always played the victim, yet they have committed crimes against humanity that are still brushed under the carpet to this very day. However, they never hesitate to highlight their own suffering under ottoman rule. How about some double standards?

Besides, why does a political friendship with Turkey concern you at all? It still bothers me to this very day why Greece despises Macedonia and the Macedonians. I honestly believe the reason for this hatred stems from the fact that Greece would have to admit that their actions over the last century in particular were wrong, something a self-perceived victim is incapable of doing.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                • Jan 2010

Only when you keep giving will they keep taking. A stand has to be made and a good first step is to prevent any further mosques from being built and stricter immigration policies for Albanians. Stronger central government and less minority rights but keeping individual rights as citizens. They wont like it but thats the only thing that can be done.
                I agree. A stand does need to be made, but the DPMNE government lacks the competence to implement such action. A very unfortunate set of circumstances, which will continue to pose a threat to the stability of the Balkans, whether it be Macedonia, Greece, Serbia or any other nation.

Comment

• Voltron
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2011

To classify America as a close friend of Macedonia is outright laughable. Perhaps you're forgetting about the bombs they dropped on Macedonian villages in the Aegean during the Greek civil war. Or maybe you fail to recall their support for Albanian terrorists in the 2001 conflict. A 'friend' wouldn't continually intervene in such a manner.
                  When Rumfeld was leaving Macedonia right after Camp Bondsteel was approved, your constitutional name was recognized immediatly afterwards. I recall American Flags all over the place, at the time all the bombs in the world that fell in Macedonia didnt matter.

Turkey may have been our enemy once upon a time, yet they have shown far more goodwill towards Macedonia than any other nation in recent times.

Besides, why does a political friendship with Turkey concern you at all?
                  It concerns me because I dont want an Ottoman Villayet close to our borders. I just dont understand that you will do almost anything in an attempt to get a few artificial perks from other global or regional players instead of just trying to work out the difference with Greece and moving forward. I have a hard time understanding that approach. Just trying to open up your eyes to reality. Nothing to do with you personally.
                  Last edited by Voltron; 02-17-2012, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• Voltron
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2011

I agree. A stand does need to be made, but the DPMNE government lacks the competence to implement such action. A very unfortunate set of circumstances, which will continue to pose a threat to the stability of the Balkans, whether it be Macedonia, Greece, Serbia or any other nation.
                    Well, I sincerely hope you guys do sooner than later. If there is a willl it can be done.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

When Rumfeld was leaving Macedonia right after Camp Bondsteel was approved, your constitutional name was recognized immediatly afterwards.
                      Scratch the surface of that story a little more. Prior to the referendum against the territorial redivision of Macedonia, there were threats made by both the government of the time and extremist elements among the ethnic Albanian community concerning employment, regional security, etc. The usual dumb Balkan stuff. The referendum initially had the support of several Macedonian and non-Macedonian political parties and peoples until the US got involved and recognised Macedonia shortly prior to the referendum taking place. This wasn't done because the US is our 'close friend', it was done to finish what they started during the conflict in 2001. If and/or when it suits them, they will change their position, they have been urging Macedonia to do so, before and after 2004. I would trade US recognition for the retainment of a Macedonian Macedonia (with full minority rights accorded to other peoples) in an instant. The referendum failed for a number of reasons, and the US was one of them. What happened afterward was basically the realisation of some key aims of the extremists. Close friends........
                      I just dont understand that you will do almost anything in an attempt to get a few artificial perks from other global or regional players instead of just trying to work out the difference with Greece and moving forward.
                      Macedonian governments have made some stupid decision, both in relations with their neighbours and the wider international community. You're being naive when you assume that we would do anything for a few artificial perks. Our government perhaps would. But when it comes to Greece, the only 'difference' is the one which Greece creates. We don't have to agree with each other either personally or officially on certain historical matters. But politically and in reality today you are Greece and Greeks, we are Macedonia and Macedonians. You have grandfathers that called themselves Greek and spoke Greek, we have the same who called themselves Macedonian and spoke Macedonian.
                      I have a hard time understanding that approach. Just trying to open up your eyes to reality. Nothing to do with you personally.
                      Greece needs to change its position and recognise Macedonia and the Macedonian people/language. You probably believe that will never happen. Why is it so hard for you to understand then that Macedonia will not seek friendship with a country which doesn't even have the dignity to respect her identity? For years now, Greece has gone around the world poisoning the views of statesmen with their malicious anti-Macedonian propaganda and doing their best to prevent Macedonia from moving forward in certain areas of the international arena. Because of Greece and the cowardice of our own government, we are continually subjected to humiliation by being referred to by the 'provisional name' or its acronym which some of your people are so fond of using to mock my people. What don't you get?
                      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Zarni
                        Banned
                        • May 2011

Voltron you keep on avoiding the question should Greece recognise the Macedonian Nation and end what it started then send a nudge to Sofia to do the same

Comment

• Volk
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                          US got involved and recognised Macedonia shortly prior to the referendum taking place.
                          Exactly SOM, just to had more weight to the argument, it was done the day before the referendum was meant to take place and massive parties were organised and held by the government for the citizens to minimize the referendum turnout the next day. Further, recognising Macedonia under its constitutional name was George W Bush's first act after winning the election the previous day!
                          Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                            • Jan 2010

It concerns me because I dont want an Ottoman Villayet close to our borders. I just dont understand that you will do almost anything in an attempt to get a few artificial perks from other global or regional players instead of just trying to work out the difference with Greece and moving forward. I have a hard time understanding that approach. Just trying to open up your eyes to reality. Nothing to do with you personally.
                            Resolving our 'differences' with Greece would involve trading in our identity. We would cease to exist as Macedonians. As a Greek, you may not necessarily agree with who we identify ourselves as, but surely you can appreciate that we cannot simply sacrifice our name and identity for so called, 'improved relations.' As SoM said, you are Greeks and have Greece as your motherland, why is it such a problem that Macedonians be able to have a homeland called Macedonia?

We had our differences with Turkey for centuries, yet today we find ourselves as allies. Whether that's due to genuine friendship or a common 'enemy,' i.e Greece, I don't know. But if it weren't for Greece's stubbornness and prejudice against the Macedonian people over the last few centuries, then I think our people could have had a great political relationship. Unfortunately things didn't turn out that way, and we can thank the successive hostile Greek governments for this outcome.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                              Based on the above, it can be argued all of Macedonia's neighbours are existential threats to Macedonia.
                              Not all of them. To be an existential threat they need both the will and ability to wipe Macedonia off the map.
                              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Volk View Post
                                Wow, another ray of stupidity has struck you down!
                                Volk, as usual, WTF are you on about fool?
                                If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

Working...
                                X