X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by kykypajko View Post
    Have you been to Detroit?? A large number of "jugo's" live there.....mainly from the polog pole who enjoy slivo and play primarily serb music at their weddings......

you're gonna need a lot of crucifixes
    Why, is everybody in Detroit a leader of a Macedonian organisation? If a large number of the Macedonians in Detroit like listening to foreign music and songs at their functions, it is a pitiful fact. Thank god it isn't anywhere near that in Australia.

Are you from Detroit?
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Pelister
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
      Seriously guys. Why the anger with supporters of UMD. They are miniscule and so is UMD. The anger should be directed at the Government and their neutral stance on matters of such importance to Macedonians.
      It should be directed at the government as you say, but UMD are speaking to our leaders, and leaders of government and I don't want them saying we are prepared to change our name, or that we are prepared to accept FYROM as a temporary name until a solution with Greece is found, or something along those lines. If the UMD position is that the negotiations are essential and the Interim Accord must be defended - what kind of compromises have they secretly negotiated in their boardroom, and what kind of representations are they making to political leaders? If UMD have said it themselves that it is important to say one thing, but really think something else, just what kind of lies are they telling the rest of us?

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Pelister, I think the UMD would have to clearly state their membership numbers if they were going to suggest what kind of voice they in fact have. The reality is that many Macedonian Diaspora organisations are stating their opinions on matters of concern to the Macedonian government. As an example, Aleksandrov represents something closer to over a hundred thousand more Macedonians than the UMD does. This is all about perspective.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Pelister
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
          Pelister, I think the UMD would have to clearly state their membership numbers if they were going to suggest what kind of voice they in fact have. The reality is that many Macedonian Diaspora organisations are stating their opinions on matters of concern to the Macedonian government. As an example, Aleksandrov represents something closer to over a hundred thousand more Macedonians than the UMD does. This is all about perspective.
          It would benefit us greatly if Alexandrov was telling the Macedonian government what the Macedonians that are with him, want and what they don't want. It was your idea that the Macedonian government needed to be steered, and that is what needs to happen.

My point about UMD is that for a small organization, UMD have shown to have alot of political clout - or look like they have. Its how they have represented themselves. There is something very top-down about UMD, a kind of meta-structure ...etc, but they are talking to our top brass all the time...so what they have to say, or not to say concerns me I suppose.

Comment

• osiris
            • Sep 2008

pelister if i know alexandrov i can assure you he is not shy in expressing his opinions and the sentiments of the people he represents.

Comment

• slovenec zrinski
              • Sep 2008

Uzhichko kolo...to my knowledge iz Serbian and not a stolen Macedonian dance. Not the brightest thing to chose to dance to if you represent macedonians.
              It is probably the most popular serbian dance in Ex-yu. Popular in every country, even Slovenia.
              Last edited by slovenec zrinski; 03-25-2010, 02:27 AM.

Comment

• Phoenix
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by slovenec zrinski View Post
                You are in truth a very nasty and vile person Phoenix. You are probably the most unkind and blackhearted person I have come across on the internet, ever...

Anyway...back on track...anyone know what dance it was?
                Spolaj Ti slovenec...

Comment

• slovenec zrinski
                  • Sep 2008

Nice to see my own forum stalker back

Comment

• Volk
                    • Sep 2008

aleksandrov, how do you suggest Macedonia rid itself from the framework agreement without destabilization or even war?

Or is this necessary?
                    Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Bill77
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Volk View Post
                      aleksandrov, how do you suggest Macedonia rid itself from the framework agreement without destabilization or even war?

Or is this necessary?
                      A very good question volk. To start with, lets learn from mistakes and never get in these sort of positions again such as entering negotiations and getting bullied. Sadly, we have not learned a thing and we are getting our selves in to deep.
                      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Rogi
                        • Sep 2008

Firstly, the claims of "destablisation or even war" need to be qualified.

If we are going to proceed with a detailed analysis of what Macedonia should do, then first we need to analyse these so-called limitations and or restrictions that keep getting thrown around, but are never qualified in any detailed manner.
                        Last edited by Rogi; 03-25-2010, 07:43 AM.

Comment

• Pavel
                          • Oct 2009

good point rogi. too many people who say we "have to negotiate" our name and sell out our sovereignty (framework) etc. make assumptions about wars etc. without any proof. a detailed analysis needs to take place and experts need to produce reports before people ask questions with assumptions about "destabilisation" and "wars". if the mak govt was doing its job properly this type of study would already have been done...maybe real diaspora orgs will have to organise this, ones that dont support selling out and that are truly representative and dont have their politics tied to strings in washington....

Comment

• Volk
                            • Sep 2008

Rogi, I've said it before, the Framework agreement is there as a temporary measure to keep the albanians silent for now, until kosovo settles down... Then it is our turn, the KLA did not disarm, this is a fact. Civil war is not our greatest obstacle in my opinion, we just need to be prepared for it... Something we where not in 2001 and for good reasons...

Logically, to answer your question, the framework agreement is a peace accord, hence nullifying it would mean the 'reasons' peace are no longer there.
                            Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Prolet
                              • Sep 2009

Rogi, Its not so much about war its about stopping those who are aiding them,training them, giving them weapons. This is all to do with our people bringing closer relations to USA and the EU.

Volk, The thing that people must remember is that Kosovo only has Limited Independence, its not the same as what we got they are worse then Bosnia as far as it goes. I dont believe they are allowed to have an army either and it wont be long till they crack.

I dont see why we should feel intimidated by people like Menduh Tachi and Ali Ahmeti even he is staying in the Shadows, he's already been black listed so im sure he'd like to keep a lid on things. I honestly cant see USA giving them the same support as before because they've been through so many wars since, their economy is not what it used to be so they wont be sticking their hand in the fire anytime soon.
                              МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• aleksandrov
                                • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Volk View Post

Or is this necessary?

Given the veto power that Albanian nationalist parties have been given over legislative decisions, the legal way to override the Framework Agreement is by a referendum that would take away that veto power.

The Framework Agreement should be substituted with progressive policies and legislation to encourage equality before the law, without discrimination along racial, ethnic or religious grounds. Racism should be discouraged among all, through anti-discrimination legislation and implementation based on the most successful Western models.

If any racist extremists decide to take up arms against such progressive reform, they should be dealt with by the force of the law, including the police and military. Quite normal, in any normal society, really.

Perhaps our alleged American friends can help us deal with armed extremists and terrorists the way they deal with theirs (with our nominal help).
                                All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. Arthur Schopenhauer

https://www.facebook.com/igor.a.aleksandrov?ref=tn_tnmn

Comment

Working...
                                X