Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

I hope the UMD understands the intentions of Atseff very clearly. It looks they still have some things to clarify.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Rogi
      • Sep 2008

If some were naive before, then even for them it should be clear now, that the MPO has declared war on the Macedonian identity. They must be treated as a complete enemy of the Macedonian cause and, UMD must declare war on them in response.

Kicking them out of a coalition, is not enough. It is not about 'trusting' them, it is about them openly declaring war on the Macedonian identity and that organisation must be destroyed, without any regard.

Yes it may be a very old organisation, it may have millions, or tens of millions of dollars in assets, it may unfortunately have quite a few Macedonians who go to its' events. However, the resources of this group are being used against the Macedonian people, nothing can be salvaged or saved from this organisation, it cannot be reformed.

There is absolutely no difference between the Bulgarian MPO and the Greek 'Pan Macedonian Association'.

You have two options now:

1. Openly declare them the enemy and end all communication you may have had with them. Anyone with any links to the group must be cut from your organisation immediately. Clear statements must be made to the Macedonian people alarming and informing them of what the MPO really is and that they must boycott it, and boycott all of its' events. Force this group into a slow and painful 'death by a thousand cuts' and if it has Macedonians who are its' members, talk to them and explain to them and if that doesn't work, embarrass them and effectively force them to declare if they are Bulgarians or Macedonians. A no tolerance approach must be taken.

2. The second option is identical to the first, except simultaneously collect the staunch and unwavering patriotic Macedonians from all over and prepare an insidious attack on the MPO (in the same manner that they function) by having patriotic Macedonians get in there and then destroy it by outvoting the current leadership. Take and repossess all of its' assets and then de-register and shut down the organisation from the inside. You cannot and will not reform it, it will re-infiltrate if you try, you must cut off its' head and kill it once and for all.

There needs to be a swift and massive clean-up of all the dead weight, the baggage and especially the treachery.

It is important for UMD to initiate this, and I single out UMD in particular, because they largely operate on the same territories where the MPO exists and thus are in the best position to take down the MPO.

This, I am sure, will earn them the respect of many Macedonians around the world.

Comment

• Bratot
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
        The guy behind the idea for approaching the MPO in the first place should now resign or be dismissed from his position within UMD...the decision to approach and include MPO in this initiative has been extemely ill informed and ill timed...

I wonder if the Grand Poobah over at the other forum will be sitting down to a big banquet of humble pie...???

There has to be responsibility check inside UMD.

Something is going wrong for a while already and that reflects on our damage in the cause.
        The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• sydney
          • Sep 2008

UnMitigated Disaster

Comment

• Phoenix
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by sydney View Post
            UnMitigated Disaster
            ...or simply M.U.D.

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

The problem was confirmed weeks ago.
              It should have been dealt with weeks ago.
              So should a comment about the recent EU Resolution. But surely they are beyond hand holding now.
              Risto the Great

Comment

• Prolet
                • Sep 2009

The whole point of this census was to get as many people to openly declare themselves as Macedonians. Its clear there are many Macedonians in MPO who are 2nd, 3rd generation Macedonian who think its the same to be Macedonian and Bulgarian. We have the exact same problem here mainly with the Macedonians from Egejska Makedonija who openly declare themselves as Greeks, why do we call them Pushkari for?? Because they shoot at their own people mameto nivno. How can we have brothers,cousins one saying their Macedonian while the other says they are Greek?? Za Sramota

I see the Problem the UMD has here, because MPO is the oldest organization but its useless talking to them. We better hope they dont take away anything that belongs to our people. If they want Bulgarian Churches and Community Centers they should build it for themselves, with Bulgarian money not with ours.

How is it that we only have 84,000 Macedonians in Australia? We all know there are more then that, we have Vardarci who openly declare themselves as Yugoslavs, We have Srbomani,Grkomani all around us.
                МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

I just can't believe that an organisation which claims to be at the forefront of Macedonian activism would join a coalition without working out the terms of the agreement beforehand. I'm wondering what exactly UMD knew before MPO made this public?
                  If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

And what exactly do the MPO know now after the fact?
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Prolet
                      • Sep 2009

It seems like Meto is very popular in Australia

Пречек со раширени раце за Мето Коловски
                      Wondering whether now is the right time to visit Macedonia? This website contains all of the information first-time visitors require to have a great time.
                      МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Silver
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
                        If some were naive before, then even for them it should be clear now, that the MPO has declared war on the Macedonian identity. They must be treated as a complete enemy of the Macedonian cause and, UMD must declare war on them in response.

Kicking them out of a coalition, is not enough. It is not about 'trusting' them, it is about them openly declaring war on the Macedonian identity and that organisation must be destroyed, without any regard.

Yes it may be a very old organisation, it may have millions, or tens of millions of dollars in assets, it may unfortunately have quite a few Macedonians who go to its' events. However, the resources of this group are being used against the Macedonian people, nothing can be salvaged or saved from this organisation, it cannot be reformed.

There is absolutely no difference between the Bulgarian MPO and the Greek 'Pan Macedonian Association'.

You have two options now:

1. Openly declare them the enemy and end all communication you may have had with them. Anyone with any links to the group must be cut from your organisation immediately. Clear statements must be made to the Macedonian people alarming and informing them of what the MPO really is and that they must boycott it, and boycott all of its' events. Force this group into a slow and painful 'death by a thousand cuts' and if it has Macedonians who are its' members, talk to them and explain to them and if that doesn't work, embarrass them and effectively force them to declare if they are Bulgarians or Macedonians. A no tolerance approach must be taken.

2. The second option is identical to the first, except simultaneously collect the staunch and unwavering patriotic Macedonians from all over and prepare an insidious attack on the MPO (in the same manner that they function) by having patriotic Macedonians get in there and then destroy it by outvoting the current leadership. Take and repossess all of its' assets and then de-register and shut down the organisation from the inside. You cannot and will not reform it, it will re-infiltrate if you try, you must cut off its' head and kill it once and for all.

There needs to be a swift and massive clean-up of all the dead weight, the baggage and especially the treachery.

It is important for UMD to initiate this, and I single out UMD in particular, because they largely operate on the same territories where the MPO exists and thus are in the best position to take down the MPO.

This, I am sure, will earn them the respect of many Macedonians around the world.
                        Absolutely right and very well said Rogi, however we'll wait and see whether the UMD is serious or is just postering.

Comment

• Piperka
                          • Feb 2010

I'm really angered by this and how this looks for the Macedonian-American community. To an outsider it looks like we are confused about our identity, when that is far from the truth. I bet the Greeks are going to love this...."FYROMian-American Census Coalition Divided Over Identity Crisis"

Why did the UMD invite the MPO into this coalition in the first place? Why?? Why?? Why?? You're going to invite an organization that has repeatedly claimed and published documents saying we are Bulgarians?!?!? Why not let the Pan-Macedonians in Chicago join in and the Srbomani churches in Detroit have a seat on the table??? Pull up a chair Albanian American Civic League!

Ask any Macedonian living in and around the heart of MPO land (Fort Wayne, Indiana) and they will all tell you that the majority of the MPO members are Bugarofili. That was a fact in the 60s...70s...80s...90s...and as you can see it is a fact right now. A fact that the UMD has known and has ignored since it's formation. I shared my views and knowledge on the MPO to Meto before the UMD was even formed and I didn't like what his response was to me or his actions that followed. This is the exact reason why I haven't supported the UMD and probably never will. They do not fairly or accurately represent me, my local Macedonian community, or the Macedonian diaspora....and they never will. If they had represented us fairly and accurately, this would never have happened.

I'm wondering if the Diocese knew that the MPO was involved before giving the "blessing"....I've already addressed my concerns to my church regarding this and hope that others do the same.

Comment

• Prolet
                            • Sep 2009

UMD removes MPO from Census Project Coalition
                            Tuesday, 23 February 2010

The United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) today announced that the so called "Macedonian Patriotic Organization" (MPO) is no longer part of the Macedonian-American 2010 Census Project Coalition for the 2010 United States Census.

“UMD led efforts to form the coalition so that several Macedonian-American groups could work for a common cause – an accurate count of Macedonian-Americans. Unfortunately, the MPO deviated from that goal by calling on its members to identify themselves as something other than Macedonian on U.S. Census forms,” said UMD President Metodija A. Koloski, who continued “After discussions amongst members, the Coalition determined that the MPO should no longer be included in the Coalition which is continuing its efforts to educate Macedonian-Americans of the importance of participating in the Census and to respond in a consistent manner to questions relating to race, ethnicity and national origin.”

Members of the Coalition now include Friends of Macedonia, the Macedonian American Cultural Organization of New England, the Macedonian American Friendship Association, the Macedonian Arts Council, the Macedonian Mission for Humanity, the Macedonian Orthodox Philanthropic Society of Columbus, Ohio, and UMD.

The American-Canadian Macedonian Orthodox Diocese, has given its blessing to the Coalition’s efforts and Lieutenant Colonel Vladimir Atseff (USA, Ret.), a first generation Macedonian-American, continues his service as Director of the Coalition.

Comment

• Prolet
                              • Sep 2009

Risto, I know you mentioned Vladimir Acev before, what did you mean by that?

Piperka, You come from USA whats the current feeling like at MPO? How do they cooperate with the other Macedonian Organizations? Do they have a big influence of the Senators there??

Also whats the realistic figure of Macedonians in USA??

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                                Risto, I know you mentioned Vladimir Acev before, what did you mean by that?
                                He was the MPO National Vice President for the United States.
                                And this guy is running the project .... still.
                                Better yet, I suspect he has every Macedonian on his database now and (pardon the military pun) has each and every one of them in his (or MPO's) sights.
                                Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                                X