X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vodenka
    If you do not like UMD you can say your opinion about them, criticize them for their work, declare that they do not represent you but only their members and followers, etc. but you cannot pretend to make them stop existing.
    Vodenka, again, stop being a sensationalist and creating your own fictions, nobody here is calling for the destruction of the UMD, or "pretend to make them stop existing", whatever that is supposed to mean.

You haven't even bothered to search and verify their pro-compromise stance, have you? Yet you're still commenting in ignorance. It's like the message needs to be repeated for every single one of you UMD apologists, THE ISSUE CONTINUES TO STAY ON THE SURFACE BECAUSE THE UMD REFUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE ERRORS FROM THE PAST.

Are you able to comprehend that at all? Should people listen to you when you constantly make comments against Vinozito, or should they think of you as some raving lunatic? Are you a hypocrite Vodenka?
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by amitreski View Post
      Just to be clear. UMD has not received any government funds.
      Thanks for that. Do you wish to provide some clarity for the rest of the below? A non-profit organisation like yourselves that refuse to be transparent with financial matters, I find that quite contradictory and misleading, I hope you will have the decency to clear the air on this point.

I can't see why your question was met with such shock by UMD. If I was a member of the UMD I wouldn't have any issues with the opening of new offices, so long as I am appropriately informed about initiatives and decisions taking place, and asked for input as a paying member. I can understand that the final say will come from the executive board, but I would at least like my voice to be heard and considered as a member.

Are UMD members made aware of how much offices will cost? How much is Meto's salary? Who makes these decisions and deems the figures appropriate? Which body carries out independent audits for the purpose of ensuring confidence among members and stakeholders?

Don't members have the right to know where their money is going?

I would be happy with even something as simple as the following (fictional) breakdown in AUSD:

$100,000 received from donations
      $100,000 received from membership
      $50,000 received from government or association grants

------

$20,000 spent on stationary for Macedonian schools
      $50,000 spent on promotional efforts
      $100,000 spent on Meto Koloski

Balance: $80,000

Intention for Balance: New projects, educational investments, etc, etc.

--------------------------------
      Of course, all points would require elaboration, like what projects, investments, etc and some particulars. People want to know, they deserve to know.

Is this too much to ask for a non-profit organisation?
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Mikail
        • Sep 2008

I can see that guys and am as disappointed by UMD right now.

My comment was intended to get to the UMD crew to get them to think about things differently.

There is only one Macedonia. We have one Republic which is the most democratic of countries in Europe. Europe itself has more than a few things to learn from Macedonia.

No need to officially state we are Democratic, for or to anyone.

The Ohrid Framework Agreement has led to an increase in Albanian extremism and separatism. Europe needs to see this must be changed or amended so that law and order can be restored.

The US/EU/UN/NATO........ all the bloody power house groups have played right into the Albanian extremists hands and are buying themselves nothing but problems in Europe.

This farcical name negotiation must end.

Law and Order must be brought into place.

The Republic of Macedonia must take its rightful place on the International arena .

As far as UMD and Meto go, both they and he need to publicly apologise for their stuff ups to date and demonstrate they are a group who can live up to their namesake.

United Macedonian Diaspora is a great name. A shame the org. doesn't represent that at the moment.
        From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
          • Jan 2009

Greek Students at University of Melbourne protested the lecture UMD gave today at the University: http://forums.greekcity.com.au/index...-of-melbourne/

They will NEVER prevent Macedonians from expressing themselves and making sure the world is aware about Macedonia. Academic freedom will not be stopped!
          The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• indigen
            • May 2009

Originally posted by Mikail View Post
            There is only one Macedonia. We have one Republic which is the most democratic of countries in Europe. Europe itself has more than a few things to learn from Macedonia.
            You are SERIOUSLY DELUDING YOURSELF if you (or anybody else) think that post-2001 Ramkovist Macedonia is "Democratic" anything let alone "the most democratic of countries in Europe"! What PLANET ARE YOU FROM, bratko???

The Ohrid Framework Agreement has led to an increase in Albanian extremism and separatism. Europe needs to see this must be changed or amended so that law and order can be restored
            Apart from the obvious observation you make, I suggest you familiarise yourself with what the FA (Ramkoven dogovor) actually meant for Macedonian national sovereignty and identity before you make comments on the implications and consequences of its adoption at the point of gun (capitulation).

The following thread has a series of opinions, resolutions from diaspora organisations against its implementation dating from 2001 and other relevant info: Shto e Ohridskiot ramkoven dogovor? Iznuden akt na kapitulatsija na porazena strana

NB: Nothing short of WAR and defeat of UCK will ever be able to reverse the consequences of the implementation of the FA and various previous concessions that allowed the Ghegs to have total political (physical) control of about 1/3 of the territory of Macedonia (Republic of).
            Last edited by indigen; 02-20-2010, 12:52 AM.

Comment

• Mikail
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by The LION will ROAR View Post
              Greek Students at University of Melbourne protested the lecture UMD gave today at the University: http://forums.greekcity.com.au/index...-of-melbourne/

They will NEVER prevent Macedonians from expressing themselves and making sure the world is aware about Macedonia. Academic freedom will not be stopped!
              Wow man that guy is unbelievable! A good example of just how the Greeks harass.
              From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Mikail
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by indigen View Post
                You are SERIOUSLY DELUDING YOURSELF if you (or anybody else) think that post-2001 Ramkovist Macedonia is "Democratic" anything let alone "the most democratic of countries in Europe"! What PLANET ARE YOU FROM, bratko???

Apart from the obvious observation you make, I suggest you familiarise yourself with what the FA (Ramkoven dogovor) actually meant for Macedonian national sovereignty and identity before you make comments on the implications and consequences of its adoption at the point-of-the-gun (capitulation).

The following thread has a series of opinions, resolutions from diaspora organisations against its implementation dating from 2001 and other relevant info: Shto e Ohridskiot ramkoven dogovor? Iznuden akt na kapitulatsija na porazena strana

NB: Nothing short of WAR and defeat of UCK will ever be able to reverse the consequences of the implementation of the FA and various previous concessions that allowed the Ghegs to have total political (physical) control of about 1/3 of the territory of Macedonia (Republic of).
                Yes Indigen. Thank you. A shame UMD doesn't see the obvious.

Comment

• indigen
                  • May 2009

Originally posted by Pelister View Post
                  Thats a LIE !
                  Read your own statements.
                  I agree 100% with this and I am amazed how shameless they are in spinning lies and excuses and continuously contradicting themselves.

Comment

• indigen
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by Mikail View Post
                    Yes Indigen. Thank you. A shame UMD doesn't see the obvious.
                    I am sorry if I was a bit harsh on you, bratko, but the line about "most democratic" or "model multi-ethnic democracy" has been spread by "UMD" and their Ramkovist allies (or masters) and it can be catching phrase to repeat if one is not a politicized activist and able to see through its negative consequences. As for multi-ethnic democracy, you would NOT want to wish it on your worst enemy let alone proclaim it as something to uphold in high esteem (as A. Mitreski and Co do) for your own national state.

Cheers

Comment

• Mikail
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by indigen View Post
                      I am sorry if I was a bit harsh on you, bratko, but the line about "most democratic" or "model multi-ethnic democracy" has been spread by "UMD" and their Ramkovist allies (or masters) and it can be catching phrase to repeat if one is not a politicized activist and able to see through its negative consequences. As for multi-ethnic democracy, you would NOT want to wish it on your worst enemy let alone proclaim it as something to uphold in high esteem (as A. Mitreski and Co do) for your own national state.

Cheers
                      Understand. No offense taken.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by amitreski
                        First of all, don't call me Alekso if you want a respectable discussion.
                        You consider the Macedonian term 'Alekso' an insult, even though your name is Alex? No problem. I will refrain from speaking to you in a manner that assumes you are Macedonian.

..........UMD has never advocated for a name change. Never.................What Meto thought and said in one instance is his own opinion.
                        Thanks for repeating that lie, time after time. It goes straight to the credibility (or lack thereof) of the UMD, and it makes it all the more clearer that you people are not capable of being honest with your own membership, let alone the Macedonian Diaspora as a whole.

Wether it was one instance or a hundred, the fact remains, Meto Koloski, the President of the UMD, advocated for 2 names, other than the Republic of Macedonia for both international and bilateral use with Greece, on the ZMR interview as evidenced on the below clip. You cannot deny this.

YouTube - ZMR United Macedonian Diaspora - Macedonia Name

Do you want to be proven as a liar, yet again, amitreski? This is exactly the problem with you people, you deny all wrongdoing and then throw your hands up in protest when somebody pulls you up on it. For the benefit of all readers, at 1.39 mins on the ZMR Interview, Meto koloski says the following:
                        Originally posted by Meto Koloski
                        We feel that perhaps a political modifier such as democratic might be more acceptable, only for international use.....
                        I am assuming that your skill levels in the English language are sufficient enough to understand, that when a representative of an organisation, the President no less, says "WE FEEL", it is not a matter of personal opinion, but of the organisation's policy, collectively.
                        What Meto thought and said in one instance is his own opinion.
                        In the interview, he was representing the UMD, not solely himself as an individual. I can't get over how you deny that which is blatantly obvious, thankfully, most people aren't as naive as you would have them be. To complete his triple-name formula, at 2.14 mins on the same interview, your President makes the following statement:
                        Since Greece is the only one that has a problem with Macedonia, I think that a name should be found, and our organisation believes that a name should be found that is acceptable to both parties for bilateral reference…..
                        Come on amitreski, tell me how "OUR ORGANISATION BELIEVES" equates to Meto's "own" opinion? I find it incredible that UMD representatives who have frequented this forum choose to defend a flawed statement rather than acknowledge the error, show some honesty and intergrity, and move on. I am coming to realise that what Meto Koloski suggested with regard to his triple-name formula was no error at all (according to Meto himself).

Here is another link where this has previously been explained to persons like yourself, in case you have been hit with another bout of amnesia.

I don't like UMD's politics, I've made no secret of that. A number of things need to be raised about their politics, and where they stand in relation to Macedonian politics. Some of their members supported a name change for NATO membership, even though the negotations were so heavily one sided in favor of the Greeks, who

He has clarified his statement, and has said that in retrospect he was wrong about it, even if it meant replacing the long acronym with Democratic Republic of Macedonia.
                        No, you said he was wrong about it, Meto still denies it. Perhaps the left hand should start talking to the right hand at the UMD. Here is the link for the thread relating to Risto the Great's questions towards Meto Koloski in Adelaide recently:

And in the accompanying youtube clip from the same Adelaide gathering, from 4.40 mins onwards, is what Meto Koloski says with regard to his earlier suggestion of a 'democratic' prefix:
                        "I said that the Diaspora may take (?), may accept the name Democratic Republic of Macedonia, to end, the former yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, which we all know is ridiculous. And 'democratic', in the end, probably is not so bad (?), but only and I stress this only for NATO, EU and United Nation........"
                        YouTube - MTO UMD 1

Not so bad? The Diaspora may accept?

Does that look like a confession of wrongdoing, or an endorsement of what was previously stated? This is further 'justified' by Meto Koloski, who also states, in the same clip, that Macedonia is a democratic country after all!! Gospo da cuva!

Are you done with your lies now, amitreski?

***Would all UMD apologists please read this post properly, and search its links, before responding in ignorance and with false accusations.

Comment

• vodenka
                          • Mar 2009

SoM, you are an hypocrite because you are fighting UMD on the same issue over and over again. Ok, I understood you do not like UMD as I do not like Vinozhito, and this is clear. I explained, every time it was necessary, the reasons why I do not support Vinozhito: you have done the same about UMD. Why you insist that people who may disagree with you and the reasons of your disagreement with UMD, should shut up? I still did not get your clear answer what is your position if the government of Macedonia will have to change the name of the state with some prefix so that it will be able to proceed in the international institutions as an equal member: will you stop supporting the Republic of Macedonia?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vodenka
                            SoM, you are an hypocrite because you are fighting UMD on the same issue over and over again.
                            You mean like the way you endlessly harp on about how Vinozito are trying to 'sabotage' your efforts in Voden, over and over again? You, Vodenka, are the hypocrite, for some reason I expected better as I admire the work your group have done.
                            Why you insist that people who may disagree with you and the reasons of your disagreement with UMD, should shut up?
                            Where have I stated that they should "shut up"? This is the third time that you have created fictional comments that were never made, these lies are becoming tiresome.
                            I still did not get your clear answer what is your position if the government of Macedonia will have to change the name of the state with some prefix so that it will be able to proceed in the international institutions as an equal member: will you stop supporting the Republic of Macedonia?
                            I will never stop supporting Macedonia and the Macedonian people, what sort of question is that? Would you?

If the government accepted a name change the Macedonians all over the world, including the republic, would not accept it. Nor would I. I wouldn't just continue to be a Macedonian without voicing my protest against the illegality of such a move, and the Macedonians will need to work towards reversing such a move as soon as possible.

Hope that answers your question. Now perhaps you can answer the one I posed previously, do you currently support the Republic of Macedonia? How? Do you visit there? Do you invest, spend or donate money there? Do you promote it and its people as kindred to the Macedonians in the Aegean? Do you promote the commonality between Macedonians from all parts of Macedonia?

Comment

• vodenka
                              • Mar 2009

Hope that answers your question. Now perhaps you can answer the one I posed previously, do you currently support the Republic of Macedonia? How? Do you visit there? Do you invest, spend or donate money there? Do you promote it and its people as kindred to the Macedonians in the Aegean? Do you promote the commonality between Macedonians from all parts of Macedonia?
                              Yes, to all, but I prefer to live in Egejska (instead in Skopje, Macedonia) close to our people here and work with them, trying to get some human rights for us on the ground, instead of just on paper in Brussels! I do not know if I am that successfull, but I will continue the struggle, which is not easy, as much as I can. My next project is to get closer to the Macedonians in Pirin, for a better collaboration on the cultural field. We have already some contacts with the Macedonians in Albania.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

Thanks for the response, I hope your efforts will bring positives for the Macedonian Cause. However, the below statement:
                                I prefer to live in Egejska (instead in Skopje, Macedonia)
                                I am not sure what to make of it. Is that the way you distinguish between the Macedonian part wrongfully acquired by Greece and the Macedonian part in the republic? I hope not.

Comment

Working...
                                X