X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aleksandrov
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
    At the end of the day the reality is that UMD have to some degree failed the diaspora and this can't be compensated by Meto's stagecraft or "potential" as an activist...lets not lose sight of the fact that serious "mistakes" have been made that shouldn't be readily swept under the carpet...
    I think I have made my views about what I see as the UMD's critical policy failures pretty clear. I am by no means suggesting that they be swept under the carpet. I am simply suggesting that we should give the UMD leadership space to revise what we see as fundamentally flawed or dangerous policy directions, and focus on leading by example, rather than just forcing them to dig bigger trenches.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. Arthur Schopenhauer

https://www.facebook.com/igor.a.aleksandrov?ref=tn_tnmn

Comment

• osiris
      • Sep 2008

alexandrov whats happening mate you are getting soft in your young age. i think umds leadership should earn back some respect and kudos through their deeds and words, until then criticsm is good.

let it also be said there a good patriots within umds membership

i would like to see umd hold elections asap. i also would like to know what is the umds relationship with metos political buddies in washington.

Comment

• osiris
        • Sep 2008

looking forward to seeing you in march and you make good points. its great to see young people involved and we should cut them some slack, but they are on notice now as is every macedonian organisation from our government down.
        Last edited by osiris; 02-16-2010, 08:37 AM.

Comment

• Prolet
          • Sep 2009

Hahahaha

I think this is the first time Aleksandrov has laughed, i think he has soften up a bit Osiris i noticed myself but i guess thats not such a bad thing after all, maybe he'll crack a few more jokes and even join our footy tipping competition LOL
          МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• aleksandrov
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
            Hahahaha

I think this is the first time Aleksandrov has laughed, i think he has soften up a bit Osiris i noticed myself but i guess thats not such a bad thing after all, maybe he'll crack a few more jokes and even join our footy tipping competition LOL
            I laugh at you all the time, Prolet. I just do it quietly to avoid offending you.
            All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

I am seeing an increasingly popular trend with some people here.

First, we are all in unison about the UMD and their pathetic, weak and bordering on treacherous statements. And we had had enough! We were determined to keep everyone honest, whatever it takes.

Then, some of those that attended the UMD 'gatherings' have come back talking about how Meto is an intelligent bloke, etc. So? Have we all forgotten what he and his fellow board members said and wrote? Have we not given them ample time to reflect, retract and revise when and where necessary? The youtube clip posted by Risto the Great clearly shows how much Meto and the UMD have retracted and revised. They haven't. Meto is still trying to justify the 'democratic' prefix, he still required others to jump in for his defence to avoid the 'hard' questions, or better yet, to avoid providing the 'hard' answers. Meto is a well spoken, stand-up and smart guy? His responses to Risto the Great didn't seem to highlight such qualities. I couldn't give a shit either way. I won't throw my support behind the UMD because Meto is a 'good bloke'. The UMD have shown that their policies are not in line with the Macedonian Cause as defined at the MTO (by its members) - Furthermore, they support their current policies, and nothing they have shown as of late indicates a change in that regard. A hundred excuses, and nothing solid, first Meto was too young, then Meto was only following the government, then 'democratic' isn't so bad, etc, etc. Please tell me that somebody else can still see what we all saw not long ago?

I hope they survive as an organisation, but not in the role they are currently trying to pursue, for, where it concerns the Macedonian identity and integrity, the UMD have shown themselves to be a dangerous organisation. And, for the average Macedonian like myself, they have a long way to go before they (re)gain respect from me.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Bill77
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post

First, we are all in unison about the UMD and their pathetic, weak and bordering on treacherous statements. And we had had enough! We were determined to keep everyone honest, whatever it takes.

Then, some of those that attended the UMD 'gatherings' have come back talking about how Meto is an intelligent bloke, etc. So? Have we all forgotten what he and his fellow board members said and wrote? Have we not given them ample time to reflect, retract and revise when and where necessary? The youtube clip posted by Risto the Great clearly shows how much Meto and the UMD have retracted and revised. They haven't. Meto is still trying to justify the 'democratic' prefix, he still required others to jump in for his defence to avoid the 'hard' questions, or better yet, to avoid providing the 'hard' answers. Meto is a well spoken, stand-up and smart guy? His responses to Risto the Great didn't seem to highlight such qualities. I couldn't give a shit either way. I won't throw my support behind the UMD because Meto is a 'good bloke'.
                I think we have prosti narod that fall into the trap, where in there mind, They see someone dressed in a suit, anounced as President, who has a strong American accent, some how are lead to believe in there own minds, "who are we to question. This Man knows what he is doing. We have no right to dought him"

The Germans once had Adolf Hitler, who was also dressed in a suit, who was known as fuhrer, who no one dared to question. We all know how acurate he was.

I am not calling meto Adolf Hitler, but i can safely call his right hand man that tried to stop RTG during questioning a SS or kostapo.
                http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• aleksandrov
                  • Feb 2010

Then, some of those that attended the UMD 'gatherings' have come back talking about how Meto is an intelligent bloke, etc. So? Have we all forgotten what he and his fellow board members said and wrote? Have we not given them ample time to reflect, retract and revise when and where necessary? The youtube clip posted by Risto the Great clearly shows how much Meto and the UMD have retracted and revised. They haven't. Meto is still trying to justify the 'democratic' prefix, he still required others to jump in for his defence to avoid the 'hard' questions, or better yet, to avoid providing the 'hard' answers. Meto is a well spoken, stand-up and smart guy? His responses to Risto the Great didn't seem to highlight such qualities. I couldn't give a shit either way. I won't throw my support behind the UMD because Meto is a 'good bloke'. The UMD have shown that their policies are not in line with the Macedonian Cause as defined at the MTO (by its members) - Furthermore, they support their current policies, and nothing they have shown as of late indicates a change in that regard. A hundred excuses, and nothing solid, first Meto was too young, then Meto was only following the government, then 'democratic' isn't so bad, etc, etc. Please tell me that somebody else can still see what we all saw not long ago?

I hope they survive as an organisation, but not in the role they are currently trying to pursue, for, where it concerns the Macedonian identity and integrity, the UMD have shown themselves to be a dangerous organisation. And, for the average Macedonian like myself, they have a long way to go before they (re)gain respect from me.
                  SoM,

For the record, my recorded objections to past and present UMD policies and acts and omissions have not changed since meeting Meto, although I am a little more hopeful now (and I never lacked hope completely) that we might be able to bridge the gap in future. I conveyed my personal impressions from the meeting with him on this board because questions were raised about the effect of his visit. But I have consistently tried to make a distinction between personality and policy matters. I have also tried to encourage UMD critics to channel their alternative views in a way that more effectively fulfills their intended policy results. I have been doing that outside of this forum for a while now. That should not be interpreted as a substantial change of heart on my part, either by UMD supporters or critics.

Comment

• Prolet
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by aleksandrov View Post
                    I laugh at you all the time, Prolet. I just do it quietly to avoid offending you.
                    Aleksandrov, Its about time too

How can i take offense from a fellow Skopjanec? you dont complain ako te zaebavat you just have to zaebavaj back, its always been that way. Those who complain dont get very far LOL
                    МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• amitreski
                      • Feb 2010

I think that one of the problems is the fact that you and few others have based their opinion on few issues that have been spinned and blown out of proportions. You should based your opinion on the facts, the entire facts. How many of you have followed UMD through the years to see everything that the organization has done. We get few people like Pelister who are frustrated with the current situaiton, past mistakes by the macedonian government and they hit it out at UMD. Ако не можеш по коњот, уди по самарот. And I think few on this board have fallen into that trap. Now also remember that there are Macedonian organization trying to discredit UMD for their benefit, which if very wrong!

The reality is that UMD is frustrated with the situation we are in, and we are doing everything we can to get ourselves out of. Sometimes quietly, sometimes diplomatically, sometimes strategically. Our actions can not satisfy everybody's taste, but the growing support for our organization has demonstrated that we are doing something right.

What is UMD? Not patriotic enough? I posted my op-ed piece.

Here are 3 advertisement that UMD paid to be published in the 3 daily newspapers in 2008, right before Bucharest to remind the president, prime minister and everybody else that it is their constitutional responsibility to defend our sovereign name.

UMD Works to Protect Macedonia's Name PDF
                      Wednesday, 26 March 2008

WASHINGTON, D.C. - March 26, 2008 - On March 25, 2008, the United Macedonian Diaspora took out advertisements in three of Macedonia’s largest daily newspapers, Dnevnik, Utrinski Vesnik, and Vecer stressing that the Macedonian Diaspora is against any changes to Macedonia’s constitutional name. The advertisements titled “NATO Membership Might Have a Price, but the Macedonian Name and Identity Do Not” reminded the President and the Prime Minister of their constitutional duty to uphold Macedonia’s constitutional name.

Furthermore, UMD iterated that the Macedonian Diaspora is Macedonia’s biggest partner and will continue to support and invest in Macedonia’s future, regardless of Macedonia’s NATO membership. Over 80,000 people worldwide who adamantly reject any name changes have signed UMD’s petition against a name change for the Republic of Macedonia, and a recent poll conducted by a think tank in Skopje indicated that over 95% of the Macedonians are against a name change as the price for NATO membership. To read UMD's petition, click HERE .

Our ancestors fought and died for a free, independent, and sovereign Macedonian State. Macedonia’s government must not allow Greece to blackmail Macedonia into a name change name that will have a negative impact on Macedonian identity, and Macedonia’s centuries-old history. The name of Macedonia for international use is Republic of Macedonia and should not be changed.

Macedonia has compromised enough with Greece to resolve this imposed “name dispute.” Greece has simply ignored all of Macedonia’s concessions. If Greece violates the provisions in the 1995 Interim Accord between the two nations by vetoing Macedonia’s NATO membership, then Macedonia should react and abandon these negotiation talks.

Macedonia will continue its successful transition to a multi-ethnic democracy regardless of whether it joins NATO. It is NATO and the region, not the Republic of Macedonia, which will suffer the brunt of Greece’s anti-Macedonian fanaticism as NATO’s interests, past efforts, expansion, and prestige in the region will be irreparably damaged by a Greek veto of Macedonia’s NATO membership.

The advertisements (in Macedonian) can be seen by clicking on the following links:

Last edited by amitreski; 02-17-2010, 08:46 AM.
                      "No, it is not the critic who counts. Not the one who points out how a strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and may come up short, who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails daring greatly." - Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

• Prolet
                        • Sep 2009

UMD in Melbourne

I came back from the Govor that Metodija A Koloski gave and i must say i was very impressed, there were a few youngsters in their late 20s to mid 30s the rest were older people.

Metodija gave a very good speech and he gave the chance for many to ask questions some of them asked 3 questions at once and Meto answered them all. One person who is a historian (of Macedonian Decent) called Meto a young Goce Delchev and he was honored to be hearing what Meto was saying

Meto was welcomed like a superstar, people had their photos taken with him, they gave him gifts,books etc the older generation was very impressed others where skeptical however everybody agreed that we are on the right track. I myself was also impressed and i think we have alot of work to do.

Again Well Done to Meto and keep up the good work, this is exactly what we need.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

How many people there Prolet?

Young Goce Delcev?
                          Risto the Great
                          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

amitreski, thanks for reminding me about those advertisements. It was immediately after those advertisements that I joined the UMD and then encouraged many Macedonians to join with me. Those once powerful words have been diluted with the pitter patter of compromise both before and after they were published.

Nothing changed my opinion during my opportunity to question the UMD publicly. In fact, it forged my opinion. Rest assured I know how to answer a question and still manage to evade core aspects when I am hiding something. I do it all the time in business negotiations. But I will not blindly support an organisation purporting to represent all Macedonians in the Diaspora who tries the same thing with me. I suggest the UMD focuses on social aspects for Macedonia. Help the poor Macedonian people in the Republic etc. I am positive they will do this well. But leave policy and objectives pursuant to the Macedonian Cause to more mature and less compromising minds.
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• Prolet
                              • Sep 2009

I would say about 220

Risto, Im just telling you what was said, they did everything except for picking him up on the Ramo and take him outside. The older generation was very impressed with him, UMD wants to open up an office in Canberra and strengthen its ties with our community in Australia.

Risto, Meto spent a good 45 minutes answering questions like i mentioned earlier there were people who had up to three questions and he answered them all. Why is it that not so many questions were asked in Adelaide?

Risto, That Historian said to Metodija "Koga te gledam tebe, go gledam mladiot Goce Delchev" and everyone started clapping. In all fairness to Meto he was very good and keep in mind that he only had three hours sleep, he has a very tight schedule and he had to fly over from Newcastle its not so easy.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Did they ask him if he was married? Or did they ask him some real questions?
                                Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                                X