X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phoenix
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
    Phoenix, Whats with all the Anti-Croatian Posts?? The Serbs and Greeks can be mates why cant we be friends with the Croats?? Im not disputing that some of the money didnt end up into the pockets of their politicians you should have seen what happened when Franjo Tudjman was here, people gave him $100 for baci raka i recon he raked in thousands at the time i remember watching it on the news.

I just gave the example of how the Croatian Diaspora did for their Mother Land, i can give you an example about the Jews and Israel however its different.

Phoenix, Do you know how unequipped our army was, we still had rusty Kalashnikovs from the Yugoslav days, we had Macedonian Businessmen in Stari Kraj who went and purchased the Mi 24 choppers in Ukraine, we had crooks like Vlado Buchkovski filling up his pockets from purchasing tanks.

Phoenix, Dont tell me about Arachinovo my friends where there and told me first hand about what really happened, i was at the protest infront of the parliament we almost had a punch up with the security trying to get in as it was the biggest disgrace in living memory, the terrorists where lead by air conditioned buses while our people where slaughtered in Vejce and Karpalak. It was one of the biggest let downs in our history.

YouTube - Makedonija 2001 - Bitkata za aracinovo Eve ja vistinata
    Prolet, I've got 3 first cousins who all participated in 2001, all saw action in and around Tetovo, everyone will tell you that Macedonian forces were set-up for failure by far bigger powers...don't blame the diaspora, other far more powerful (USA) forces conspired against Macedonia, thats the root issue here, the involvement of the USA and why UMD is such a pro-USA organization, thats what shits me Prolet. UMD's total disregard and the North American cheersquad lead by the arse-licking likes of Buktop and his merry little band of arse kissers.

Prolet what can you tell me about Aracinovo, pm me if you prefer...

Let me make a point clear to you...I'm not anti-anybody, I will give anyone a chance but if they fuck me just once I won't go there again...

Comment

• TajnataKniga
      • Dec 2009

do we have moderators? the use of profanity should not be allowed on MTO.

Comment

• Bill77
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by TajnataKniga View Post
        Don't wary about it TK, we are all adults and that word is sometimes a good stress release. As long as its not directed to someone peronaly
        http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

TK, the use of profanity reflects much more on the poster than it does on the MTO. In my opinion, Phoenix is in the top 1% of articulate posters. If he chooses to use profanity in conveying his message, it is up to him. The MTO is far more interested in Truth than swear words.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Phoenix
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by TajnataKniga View Post
            Perhaps as a 3rd generation Macedonian your ears or in this case your eyes are a little bit sensitive to colourful language...Macedonian conversation and most non-English language conversation is rarely bound by the straight-jacket of political correctness and other manufactured means of supression of thought and expression...

In other words, get over it...

Comment

• Rogi
              • Sep 2008

I don't think a 'solution' to the problem (I assume we all agree that a problem does exist*) necessarily implies 'negotiations' or 'name change'.

Dr. Igor Janev's proposal is also a 'solution' to the 'problem'.

* It depends on what you define as being the 'problem'.

As I see it, not only does a 'problem' exist, in fact two problems exist.

Firstly, the Republic of Macedonia is recognised by the UN as 'The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia'. This is a problem, because our Sovereign Rights have been denied.

Dr. Igor Janev has proposed the best solution to this that I have seen to date.

Secondly, Greece is blocking Macedonia from joining the European Union and NATO. It is also voting (and blocking) EU funds for EU-candidate countries (fund Macedonia is entitled to) from getting to Macedonia for funding various projects, including infrastrucutre projects.

This too is a problem for Macedonia, its' development and the psyche of the Macedonian people, especially given that the Macedonian people want the Republic of Macedonia to be part of the European Union.

Now, Dr. Igor Janev has proposed an excellent solution for Macedonia to have its' Constitutional name recognised at the UN.

However, that is not a solution for this particular problem of Greece blocking Macedonia; it can continue to do so at EU/NATO level and force EU/NATO to demand that Macedonia joins EU/NATO under a different name.

A potential solution that I have heard for this problem, is to wait it out, lobbying the EU/NATO to disregard Greece and enact reforms to remove Greece's veto power.

Another potential solution, though unlikely, is to seek alternative strategic interests and not seek to join the EU/NATO.

The point I am making that the word 'solution' does not imply negotiations, nor does it imply a name change.

Comment

• Phoenix
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                TK, the use of profanity reflects much more on the poster than it does on the MTO. In my opinion, Phoenix is in the top 1% of articulate posters. If he chooses to use profanity in conveying his message, it is up to him. The MTO is far more interested in Truth than swear words.
                Thanks Risto, I drop the 'f' bomb quite randomly, I see it as a word that's firmly entrenched in pop-culture but I understand that I'm a guest in your house and if it's a problem I can just as easily refrain.

But there's a perfect glove like fit between the words arse-licker or arse-kisser and Buktop for example, that imagery is priceless and I would challenge anybody to provide me with an equally powerful pc term to describe our dear North American friend...

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

Rogi, is that your personal opinion or UMDs "official stance"?

Besides, UMD has never promoted the "solutions" that you mention, however, it has reprimanded Greece for NOT "constructively participating" in the negotiations.
                  Last edited by Vangelovski; 01-13-2010, 12:24 AM.
                  If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                    Thanks Risto, I drop the 'f' bomb quite randomly, I see it as a word that's firmly entrenched in pop-culture but I understand that I'm a guest in your house and if it's a problem I can just as easily refrain.

But there's a perfect glove like fit between the words arse-licker or arse-kisser and Buktop for example, that imagery is priceless and I would challenge anybody to provide me with an equally powerful pc term to describe our dear North American friend...
                    I used to refer to him as a "charlatan". One definition of this is: a person who pretends to more knowledge or skill than he or she possesses.
                    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• blackcactus
                      • Sep 2008

May I make a suggestion that UMD and other organisational posts be moved to a subforum called Organisations or something similar

This will clear up the mess on the main page, and allow anyone wanting to see all organistional posts together, or avoid them if they so choose

PS: Hi Vangelovski, everything you bolded above could be seen in any number of ways, and for any number of reasons depending on your strategic leanings. I don't feel doing this is helpful because it has no way of getting consensus and will only generate ill feeling between all of us, which is not wise

Regards

blackcactus
                      The one who tells the story rules the World - Hopi proverb

“Your highness, when I said that you are like a stream of bat's piss, I only meant that you shine out like a shaft of gold when all around is dark” - Monty Python

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by blackcactus View Post
                        May I make a suggestion that UMD and other organisational posts be moved to a subforum called Organisations or something similar

This will clear up the mess on the main page, and allow anyone wanting to see all organistional posts together, or avoid them if they so choose

PS: Hi Vangelovski, everything you bolded above could be seen in any number of ways, and for any number of reasons depending on your strategic leanings. I don't feel doing this is helpful because it has no way of getting consensus and will only generate ill feeling between all of us, which is not wise

Regards

blackcactus
                        Consensus? Over what? What name we should change to?

Comment

• Phoenix
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                          I believe the recent events portraying Australian Macedonians as the redneck hillbilly type of Macedonians who should not be involved in policy making helped build this mob mentality.

I agree that many UMD broadcasts are probably being taken out of context nowadays.

I disagree that the questioning process started from any Maknews attacks on the Australian Macedonian Diaspora.

Some questions had been raised by me over 1 year ago here:

and this one 7 months ago:

To date, Meto simply has not reconciled his public statements with that of UMD policy. How could any normal person NOT develop sinister connotations when this line of questioning has persisted for at least over 1 year?
                          Risto I agree that many people have been raising concerns about UMD policy for a long time, this has been building steam...I just think that some of the unfortunate remarks at places like Maknews have been the proverbial shit hitting the fan...

If UMD were a nimble, proactive organization they would evolve with this current process, to become a better organization that has its finger on the pulse, instead UMD has failed and has allowed its brand to diminish leaving the fight to a few cheerleaders.

Comment

• blackcactus
                            • Sep 2008

^Consensus on what we have read and it's meaning
                            The one who tells the story rules the World - Hopi proverb

“Your highness, when I said that you are like a stream of bat's piss, I only meant that you shine out like a shaft of gold when all around is dark” - Monty Python

Comment

• Rogi
                              • Sep 2008

It's my personal opinion. I can no longer speak for UMD, since I resigned from the Board.

But I think the point I made above is what creates some unnecessary confusion, because of the different views/definitions of terms like 'solution'.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by blackcactus View Post
                                ^Consensus on what we have read and it's meaning
                                And by highlighting UMDs support for the Interim Accord and Framework Agreement, you feel this is undermining what they "really" want to say?

Comment

Working...
                                X