• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prolet
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    Absolutely agree.
    Well I dont, America is 300 million and Canada is 35 million nearly double the size in Population of Australia. Australia doesnt want to tarnish its relations with Greece (The Greeks in Australia who pump millions in funds) why would Australia care if we get recognized by USA and Canada?? Great Britain and Ireland recognized us too but Australia didnt follow suit.

Its a political game we are playing here and the Greeks are a big player in it, why are we called Slav Macedonians if thats the case?? Like the Australians give a shit or even know where Macedonia is, however in the mid 90s when Jeff Kennett was the Premier of Victoria they would finance his trips to Greece with his whole family show him around give him a bit of a brain wash and before you know it Macedonia is Greek i would think the same too if some Ugandans put money in my pocket and told me that parts of Tanzania where theirs or Somalia or wherever. Why would South Australia Premier Mike Rann call us Slavs?? Its all the Greek Lobby the only place where we are recognized in Australia is the state of Western Australia and we need to push very hard there. I also think we have a good chance in Queensland aswell as the Greek Lobby is not that strong over there and we go state by state with Victoria being last. We have to pick the battles we can win and we already have Western Australia so thats a good start.
    МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Prolet, I do not think it is a lost cause to want to convince the Australian Government that Macedonians deserve to be called by their rightful name. We actually have the benefit of reality working for us, whilst the Greek lobby group relies on the "vibe" and "mythology" of it.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Prolet
        • Sep 2009

Risto, Ofcourse i agree we shouldnt just give up however we are not making much noise either so the Australian Government doesnt have any head aches.

There are two ways do get a name recognition, we use force with law suits and protests or we lobby and give them something in return that they want not a UN vote.

I dont think we been pushing hard enough to be honest, however its better late then never.
        МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Bill77
          • Oct 2009

i still can't see any oficial Australian document where it prints Slav Macedonian. i keep hearing this branding but yet to see it.
          http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Rogi
            • Sep 2008

Bill77, that was the Government Directive of 1994, which is still in place, albeit perhaps no longer 'enforced', but nonetheless still in place.
            See this: http://macedonianhr.org.au/02victories/

If we all think and believe that Macedonia is too little and too insignificant for a middle power like Australia bother with, then all we are doing is ensuring that to be the case.

We're not underestimating the uphill battle, we know how large of a task it is, but we're not going to be overwhelmed or give up.

There are options.

Here's something worth considering:

Luxembourg will be competing against Australia for the UN Sec. Council position. One would expect Luxembourg to be playing the "EU Solidarity" card (the one Greece plays) when pushing for support for its UN Sec. Council bid from its fellow EU Members.

This could force Greece's hand and there's an opportunity there for Macedonia (a benefit of NOT being tied to EU/NATO/etc). That is, if Macedonia knows how to use it.

We all understand the difficulty of convincing the Australian Government to recognise the Republic of Macedonia under its Constitutional name and there is no silver bullet to achieve this overnight.

However, every bit together plays its part, from improving bilateral relations, increasing trade, using the UN vote, calling on mutual allies/friends to weigh in, continued and organised lobbying, getting involved in Australian politics, getting involved with various think tanks and policy groups, raising mainstream media awareness, to understanding the plans of the Australian Government to become a player on the international scene and using the opportunities in that as much more.

As I said, there are options. By no means is it easy, but by no means is it impossible, improbable or unachievable.

Comment

• Prolet
              • Sep 2009

Fantastic reply Rogi

I think you are dead right, it is a long process and it will be difficult but i got no doubt that with the right people and the right decisions made we can do this. We need to be united and we need to be positive, there will be some tough battles however we need people who will be on our side from the Australian Parliament we already have a few now we need some more to make some noise on this issue.

Increasing Trade is an interesting topic, we need to increase that and i think Nikola Gruevski and Kevin Rudd are looking at scrapping the double taxation laws where if you buy something from Australia or Macedonia and you've already payed tax for it you wont need to pay tax again.

I also agree that having a strong Australian-Macedonian friendship will help and our people have a big role to play for that.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by chicagoan
                George W Bush and company recognized Macedonia as a result of you being an " ally against terror "
                And why did Russia recognize Macedonia? Why did China? Why did another 100 + countries?

The reasoning some of you come up with is outdated and has already been torn to bits years ago. Further to that, I would like an answer to Risto's question:

Greece was recognised under what motivations 180 years earlier?

What were they?
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                  • Oct 2009

Pelister, perhaps you are Greek trying to bash UMD and create a negative image of the organization. How can one be certain? UMD is attacked by the Greeks on a daily basis and has received numerous threats. Your use of the word FYROM is quite offensive to Macedonians.

Your attacks and lies of UMD have become cumbersome.

UMD has nothing to hide, its policies are public, and there is no between the lines. Yes, of course, we know you can write another post and make more claims against UMD, however, your arguments have been refuted by TrueMacedonian on Maknews Forum.

Read a letter to the Greek President by UMD: http://umdiaspora.org/content/view/20/9/ This defuses your assertions that UMD rejects our links to the ancient Macedonians.

Regarding the Framework Agreement, read UMD President Metodija A. Koloski's article Hope for My Homeland: http://www.macedonianalliance.com/Ar...0Macedonia.htm

Another article: http://www.macedonianalliance.com/Ar...rimination.htm

Read the latest resolution passed by UMD's Board of Directors: http://umdiaspora.org/content/view/418/1/

Members of this Forum can now decide for themselves what Pelister's reasons are behind his postings on this Forum, Maknews Forum, and others. Pelister holds no merit.

UMD invites all who want to get involved to join the organization and get active to the best of their ability and time availability. As we have said in previous posts, we need less talk, and more action. While we are spending time talking on a Forum, the Greek community is getting more organized against Macedonia and Macedonians. Time to unite, our friends. United, We Can!
                  For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
                  http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
                  Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
                  Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
                  Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Coolski
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                    That is one of the biggest racist and dud forums going around, I have coded the link, no need to give exposure to such a filthy website.
                    Remember that forum troll on maknews that called himself Istor, istwr or whatever variant of istor? He's on there with over 25000 comments. Man that guy is sick in the head.
                    - Секој чоек и нација има можност да успеат колку шо си дозволуваат. Нема изговор.
                    - Every human and nation has the ability to be as great or as weak as they allow themselves to be. No excuses.

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

perhaps the answer could be those countries that recognize Macedonia to help those that don't recognize Macedonia.This may be to show them historical evidence & other evidence of our existence convincing them that we do exist.We exist as Macedonians & nothing else.We will not compromise our name like a whore.We are not whores.We will exist under our correct name.
                      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Dejan
                        • Sep 2008

Macedonia and Macedonians existed prior to this disease known as hellenism, and they still exist after it.
                        You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• chicagoan
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                          Chicagoan, you seem quite knowledgeable about American politics so I will assume that you have been living in the US, is this correct?
                          Born and raised. I just recently moved to Greece. The weather here is much better than chicago

Comment

• chicagoan
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                            And why did Russia recognize Macedonia? Why did China? Why did another 100 + countries?

The reasoning some of you come up with is outdated and has already been torn to bits years ago. Further to that, I would like an answer to Risto's question:

Greece was recognised under what motivations 180 years earlier?

What were they?
                            Russia did it under slavic solidarity although they have used that pretext to invade poland as well China..i have no idea. France and other european countries have not, nor will they.

George W Bush's decision is what caused this mess in the first place and the US knows this now. That is why the US in no longer applying pressure to Greece on this issue. They know they screwed up...

Comment

• Bill77
                              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by chicagoan View Post
                              Russia did it under slavic solidarity although they have used that pretext to invade poland as well China..i have no idea. France and other european countries have not, nor will they.

George W Bush's decision is what caused this mess in the first place and the US knows this now. That is why the US in no longer applying pressure to Greece on this issue. They know they screwed up...
                              you would have showed more self dinity if you never responded. If your ridiculous post was a joke, then Yeh.... Its funny. But i don't think you were Joking. Just like the other muppet that tried to justify the Greeks having the smallest Penis's. If only he had kept quiet. My God what a wierd Race.

By the way, what are you slavs whaiting for?
                              http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• chicagoan
                                Banned
                                • Nov 2009

Hey Bill, what part did you not like ?

small penis's ? LOL ! ok.

Comment

Working...
                                X