• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brian
    Banned
    • Oct 2011

Dear UMD,

As an organisation supposedly concerned for the welfare of Macedonia Americans I would like to know your position on Ron Paul and what, if anything, your organisation has done to promote him to the Macedonian American population or have you become fence-sitter not taking an active roll to guide Macedonian Americans?

It would not be a satisfactory answer for you to simply say political choice is paramount and every Macedonian American should have the right to make his or her own choice as a reason for the UMD not taking any stand as it is well known other Diaspora organisation have and still do support certain political parties and political individuals.

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

THe umd cannot even answer simple questions on transparency & truthfullness so how do they hope to represent the diaspora.
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by George S. View Post
        THe umd cannot even answer simple questions on transparency & truthfullness so how do they hope to represent the diaspora.
        One, need look no further than that LAME UMD Facebook on-line petition (seeking 100,000 signatures) to see that they're living in some other world than the rest of us ..

SAVE SHAME AND PULL THE PLUG ON THAT USELESS ATTEMPT TO JUSTIFY THEIR OWN EXISTENCE.

Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 03-22-2012, 10:32 AM.
        http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• Krivan
          • Jul 2010

UMD Gets 45 Members of Congress to Sign Letter for Macedonia NATO Admission

Just got this notice by email.

Greetings!

On February 28th, the Congressional Caucus on Macedonia and Macedonian-Americans chaired by Congresswoman Candice Miller (R-MI), and together with Congressman Alcee Hastings (D-FL) and Congressman Michael Turner (R-OH) started circulating a letter to their Colleagues in the U.S. House of Representatives to obtain signatures to send to President Obama in strong support of Macedonia's NATO membership.

Our goal was 40 Members of Congress to sign the letter, but in less than a month (minus one week Congressional Recess Period) we surpassed the goal and reached 45! This is more than double what we had back in October 2010 when 19 Members of Congress sent a letter to President Obama on Macedonia's NATO membership.

This would not have been possible without your support! Over the last two months, you and others like you, all friends of Macedonia, have sent over 4,000 letters to your members of Congress!

The efforts spearheaded by our President Meto Koloski and International Policy and Diplomacy Fellows Ana Donevska and Matthew Emery who have been meeting and educating Congressional staff about issues of importance to Macedonian-Americans combined with your letters, phone calls, and meetings have managed to get 45 Members of Congress to support Macedonia's NATO membership!

And, we're not done! The deadline to collect all signatures has been extended to Thursday, March 29, 2012! There is still time! Will we reach 50? With your continued help we will!

The news also gets better; Macedonia Caucus Member and Chair of the U.S. Delegation to the NATO Parliamentary Assembly Congressman Michael Turner (R-OH) introduced today a bill on Macedonia, among other countries trying to join NATO. Please click HERE to read the press release!

If you have not, please send a letter to your Member of Congress today. Please click HERE!

Can you imagine if UMD did not exist? I can't! As I can see the benefits of having an office and full-time staff in Washington, D.C. every day! But to continue making the impact for Macedonia and the Macedonian cause, we need your help!

Please click HERE to donate $25, $50, $100, $500, or whatever you can afford today to help continue the great work UMD is doing! All donations are tax-deductible in Canada and the United States.

Every day, UMD is making individuals like you and me proud, but also our forefathers who fought for a free, independent and sovereign Macedonia!

Thank you so much for your strong support!

Sincerely yours,

Stojan Nikolov
          Chairman

P.S. Please click HERE to donate $25, $50, $100, $500, or whatever you can afford today to help continue the great work UMD is doing! All donations are tax-deductible in Canada and the United States

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

That is the biggest bs effort in history.What's congress got to do with it to admit macedonia in nato.That is so stupid that it's too much for words.
            I can get all the congressmen around the world to sign a document & it's not going to alter oine thing.Why.
            Because it's clear before macedonia is accepted into the institutions it must find a acceptable name to greece then perhaps we will be let in .But this is the joke of the century.""??UMD Gets 45 Members of Congress to Sign Letter for Macedonia NATO Admission""
            Last edited by George S.; 03-22-2012, 08:36 PM. Reason: ed
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
              • Aug 2010

That is the biggest bs effort in history.What's congress got to do with it to admit macedonia in nato.That is so stupid that it's too much for words.
              I can get all the congressmen around the world to sign a document & it's not going to alter oine thing.Why.
              Because it's clear before macedonia is accepted into the institutions it must find a acceptable name to greece then perhaps we will be let in .But this is the joke of the century.""??UMD Gets 45 Members of Congress to Sign Letter for Macedonia NATO Admission""
              UMD, is nothing more than an American based Macedonian lobby group who rely heavily on the moral support of non-members. Almost, EVERYTHING they do is based on the actions and achievements of other person(s), groups or organizations... Macedonian Messenger Service.

CLICK HERE TO DONATE

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

thet seem to live of the achievements of others.
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                  • Aug 2010

thet seem to live of the achievements of others.
                  From, where I sit the ONLY people they've managed to fool in diaspora countries are the .. sorry no speak or read English Macedonians.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

I still can't make up my mind about why they are no good for Macedonia.
                    1. They are merely a tool of USA foreign policy. OR
                    2. The Macedonian government are merely a victim of USA foreign policy and the UMD simply follows the Macedonia government around like puppy dogs. OR
                    3. They just don't get the Macedonian Cause.

Either way, they are and should be irrelevant to Macedonians.
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                      I still can't make up my mind about why they are no good for Macedonia.
                      1. They are merely a tool of USA foreign policy. OR
                      2. The Macedonian government are merely a victim of USA foreign policy and the UMD simply follows the Macedonia government around like puppy dogs. OR
                      3. They just don't get the Macedonian Cause.

Either way, they are and should be irrelevant to Macedonians.
                      All, of the above however I think most educated Macedonians tuned them out 6 years ago. Where, is the Global Conference?

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                        • Aug 2010

SPECIAL FOR ALL YOU UMD ASS KISSERS .. 2025

Q. If, the Macedonian Orthodox Church proudly flies the REAL Macedonian flag who is stopping you low lives .. US Greek lobby?

Велигденско послание г.г. Стефан - YouTube

$200 per person in Chicago? Maybe, you better think again?

Meto Koloski - United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) - Washington DC, USA - YouTube

Where's the Macedonian flag?
                        Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 04-14-2012, 10:39 PM.

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

The ventilator next will be the self cleaning ventilator flag to match the self cleaning church.
                          It's all in the mind Mk.a sovereign country can fly any flag it pleases even if they duplicate each other who cares.How can a country Republic of macedonia not fly it's own flag due to greece's province of macedonia.Also the star of kutlesh or the macedonian sun is a symbol of royalty & is not of greek antiquity.How did greece get the star of kutlesh by stealing from the macedonian people.Obviously greece has a supposed problem with that but we don't Also the greeks never used the name macedonia to mean greek before only recently & the macedonian symbols were not of greek glory but macedonian glory.So said alexander himself.That the greeks cannot partake of macedonian glory as the greeksthey were never part of macedonia.
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Phoenix
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Makedonska_Kafana View Post
                            Funny how UMD have a stylized design of the Macedonian Sun as their logo and yet the Ventilator is strategically placed in the middle of the camera view in the interview with Meto.

Why is UMD so inconsistent with their message, why on Earth does anyone in the diaspora (and non-Macedonian government related) actually use the Ventilator...?

Surely the unifying symbol of the Macedonian people should be the Macedonian Sun ONLY.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                              • Aug 2010

EVERYTHING, those clowns do is funny .. JOKE!

MTO UMD 1 - YouTube

MTO UMD 2 - YouTube

$200 per person event in Chicago? Typo? $20
                              Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 04-19-2012, 03:00 AM.

Comment

• KireMKD
                                • Apr 2012

You guys have to realize how the "political world" works. It is all about lobby groups like UMD getting in the ears of the politicians. The Greeks and especially Albanians have some of the best lobbyist (google Joe DioGuardi) in the US and to get things done you need such people.

Comment

Working...
                                X