X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carlin
    • Dec 2011

MACEDONIA SQUAD EURO 2021:
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Macedonian Football Team - Euro Dream (tournament trailer):
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Last edited by Carlin; 06-07-2021, 09:20 PM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Zaev typically (and deceptively) pretending he didn't betray the country by avoiding use of the "severna" prefix and instead referring only to the Macedonian football representation. The team standing behind the northadonian flag as Macedonia is on the way to being presented as "North Macedonia" at a tournament watched by millions across the globe. Zaev and Pandev having a good ole time. Zaev wearing Pandev's shirt. The pictures tell it all, really. Setting aside the empty gestures of chanting drunkards in Macedonia who failed to stand up for their identity against their own politicians, anybody else feeling patriotic yet? All self-respecting Macedonians will feel conflicted about this whole affair, because a win for the team will be a win for "North Macedonia" and thus a win for that smug traitor.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

In the same way the ventilator flag is a badge of pride for the uninformed, North Macedonia will also become something that idiots will beat their chests proudly to in time.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• VMRO
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
            Zaev typically (and deceptively) pretending he didn't betray the country by avoiding use of the "severna" prefix and instead referring only to the Macedonian football representation. The team standing behind the northadonian flag as Macedonia is on the way to being presented as "North Macedonia" at a tournament watched by millions across the globe. Zaev and Pandev having a good ole time. Zaev wearing Pandev's shirt. The pictures tell it all, really. Setting aside the empty gestures of chanting drunkards in Macedonia who failed to stand up for their identity against their own politicians, anybody else feeling patriotic yet? All self-respecting Macedonians will feel conflicted about this whole affair, because a win for the team will be a win for "North Macedonia" and thus a win for that smug traitor.
            I noticed he used lower case m for "Makedonska".

Politicians will do anything for a photo op.
            Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• Carlin
              • Dec 2011

Sports minister objects to North Macedonia kit in Euro soccer cup

URL:
              Just hours before kickoff at the opening match of the European soccer championship, Greek Sports Minister Lefteris Avgenakis sent a letter of complaint to the president of UEFA over the name being used by North Macedonia in its first-ever appearance in the event.

Just hours before kickoff at the opening match of the European soccer championship, Greek Sports Minister Lefteris Avgenakis sent a letter of complaint to the president of the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) Aleksander Ceferin over the name being used by North Macedonia in its first-ever appearance in the event.

Avgenakis expressed Athens’ objection to the FFM (for Football Federation of Macedonia) badge on the national team’s jersey, saying that while the name deal signed with Greece in 2018 does not clearly set down rules for the use of abbreviations, the customary practice is to use abbreviations of a country’s internationally recognized name, in this case Republic of North Macedonia.

The Greek official said that the country could display its name as NM or RNM, but not FFM, which does not contain the designation agreed under the 2018 Prespes accord.

He also asked for UEFA to look into the name of the country’s soccer association, Football Federation of Macedonia, saying that it contravenes the name deal.

Greek Foreign Minister Nikos Dendias has also sent a similar letter to his counterpart in North Macedonia.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Carlin View Post
                Avgenakis expressed Athens’ objection to the FFM (for Football Federation of Macedonia) badge on the national team’s jersey, saying that while the name deal signed with Greece in 2018 does not clearly set down rules for the use of abbreviations, the customary practice is to use abbreviations of a country’s internationally recognized name, in this case Republic of North Macedonia. The Greek official said that the country could display its name as NM or RNM, but not FFM, which does not contain the designation agreed under the 2018 Prespes accord.
                A timely reminder for those northadonians who thought that it would be smooth sailing with such maggots after the signing of the treacherous Prespa agreement.

Comment

• Carlin
                  • Dec 2011

Austria has defeated Macedonia 3-1. The boys got tired in the second half.

Looks like Arnautovic (who is an ethnic Serb) got into it with Alioski. Apparently, his "comments" were directed at Alioski: "jebem ti majku siptarsku".

David Alaba stopping Arnautovic's trash talk:
                  Last edited by Carlin; 06-13-2021, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• VMRO
                    • Sep 2008

Interesting that ARNAUT was the term Turks used to refer to Albanians and still do.
                    Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
                      • Apr 2014

Alioski, Bardhi and Musliu all did not participate in the singing of the Macedonian national anthem prior to kick-off.

I am disappointed in the widespread adoption of the ventilator by the travelling Macedonian fans as well. Yes, there still were many [real] Macedonian flags as well but the lack of any coordination to remove the ventilator from representation is a missed opportunity. Another missed opportunity is for the players and fans to utilise this media attention to condemn the regime in the Republic of Macedonia and the forced name-change: not a single banner displayed by the Macedonian fans along the lines of „никогаш северна, само Македонија“, instead we were all subject to the constant forcing of a "north" prefix by the commentators all night long.
                      Last edited by Liberator of Makedonija; 06-13-2021, 10:01 PM.
                      I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Carlin View Post
                        Looks like Arnautovic (who is an ethnic Serb) got into it with Alioski. Apparently, his "comments" were directed at Alioski: "jebem ti majku siptarsku".
                        As soon as he scored the goal he turned to Alioski and began to shout aggressively. The camera angle during that moment of the game didn't show if Alioski said something as Arnautovic glided past him before scoring the goal. It's possible, because the response by Arnautovic didn't appear to be random. Or it could just be that he was returning the gesture of the two Swiss players when they beat Serbia during the 2018 World Cup. Watching him shout right after, it does look as if he is saying what you quoted above. As for the game, Austria was more dominant but Macedonia held its own until the last 15 or so minutes. Then they crumbled. Too much mucking about in the midfield and near their own penalty area, and not enough crossing and deep passes into the forward area. They needed at least a draw in that game. Next they play Ukraine who barely lost to Holland, the best team in the group. Lastly, they play against Holland. Anything is possible, but it is an uphill battle for Macedonia.

Some other observations. Everything on Macedonian TV was Macedonia this, Macedonia that, not a "north" in sight. Good on the one hand, too late on the other. Some of the players were interviewed (by what appeared to be a Macedonian reporter) before the match, one of the ethnic Albanians (Enis Bardhi) responded in Macedonian. Another (probably Arijan Ademi) responded in a different language. Ademi was born in Croatia so (if it was him) not sure if he responded in Croatian or Albanian, but it wasn't Macedonian. Then there was the debacle during the national anthem. I may be wrong, but from what I noticed, not a single ethnic Albanian on the pitch (of which I think there were four in the starting lineup) uttered a word during the anthem. These are all young men and it's as if they've been programmed to despise the country they play for. Some of them, like Ademi, probably only play for Macedonia because they couldn't make it in their country of birth or in the Albanian national team. Macedonia is merely a vehicle to further their careers.

Conversely, Elif Elmas, the Macedonian player of Turkish heritage who willingly chose to play for Macedonia rather than Turkey, did sing the anthem. I say, good for him. See clip at 55 seconds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFk3cOLGBGo

Comment

• Apr 2014

SoM - have you noticed how the Macedonian diaspora praise Alioski whilst ignoring the fact he too refuses to sing the anthem? Never really followed the Macedonian team so I went into the Euros under the assumption Alioski was some proud Macedonian
                          I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
                            SoM - have you noticed how the Macedonian diaspora praise Alioski whilst ignoring the fact he too refuses to sing the anthem? Never really followed the Macedonian team so I went into the Euros under the assumption Alioski was some proud Macedonian
                            I guess some may have assumed that he is ethnically Macedonian because of the surname, but that incorrect assumption should've been clarified during the anthem. Alioski is a decent player and he had a lot of ball time during the game. But he doesn't give the impression that he is a proud Macedonian. I watched the game on MRT and the Macedonian commentator didn't say anything about how he (and the others) refused to sing the anthem. I found it utterly disrespectful.

Comment

• Apr 2014

So is Alioski Albanian or something else?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

He says he's ethnic Albanian. Apparently the below occurred in Prilep. Whether he is telling the whole story or not, who knows. If it did happened the way he says, it shouldn't have happened. But I find it hard to be sympathetic given his attitude towards the Macedonian anthem and his refusal to use the national language of the country he represents for that purpose, especially when on the world stage. It is simply inexcusable and the fact that he isn't being called out on it is pathetic.
                                https://english.republika.mk/news/ma...g-in-albanian/

Alioski says he was kicked out of a restaurant in Prilep for speaking in Albanian

Macedonian and Leeds winger Ezgjan Alioski says he was not allowed into a restaurant in Prilep because he was speaking in Albanian with his family. I’m shocked by what happened in Prilep. I play in the Macedonian team, I came from England to be with my team, I was happy about it, and this is what happens. I do not hide that I’m an Albanian, I spoke with my relatives in my native tongue and a man approached me and told me to leave because of the language I was using. I’m speechless, Alioski said. Alioski was born in Prilep, and he is in Macedonia for the European Championship qualifiers against Poland and Austria.

Comment

Working...
                                X