• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MakOdToronto
    • May 2010

Originally posted by julie View Post
    Am not sure if you meant to say this.
    I am against Reeker , he condones name change for my people.
    UMD is honouring him
    If all Americans support this then count me in with Sven

I am an anti AMerican. [and that's fine -- it's good you admit it!]
    I love my Macedonian name and people. I dont love traitors
    he condones name change for my people.

Julie--when did you find that? Still can't find him saying that -- what about a "solution" that does not change the name? Doesn't that exist?
    All the quotes I can find, Reeker say "macedonians" Macedonia, Republic of Macedonia. I did find a quote where he said change FYROM. Maybe that's the confusion? Which I hope they do -- this "former Yugoslav" is a disgrace. Maybe it is popular in Australia?

Comment

• julie
      • May 2009

MakdoToronto you can have your solutions. With the Americas
      Support your US ambassadors. Support an organisation that condones prefixes

I cant be sold. Macedonia. Period.
      reeker can shove prefixes up anyone else, not me
      Read the threads and youtube postings by our administrator
      And then attack me

Goodnight.
      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• MakOdToronto
        • May 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
        He showed some basic courtesy like any other normal person that is visiting a foreign state, by speaking the official (in this case Macedonian) language. Do you want to give him the 'Jane Sandanski' award for his great effort? The same person recently urged Macedonia to change its historical name. Is that what you consider "pro Macedonian"?

Where did he urge Macedonia to change its name??
        Yeah, that's usually the response we get from people that are apologists for people like Reeker and Meto. Meanwhile, both are on record for advocating a name other than (Republic of) Macedonia. Apparently Meto changed his mind. Reeker clearly hasn't.

Same questions: where did he advocate a name other than Macedonia? (What name did he advocate?)
        And rather than voicing discontent with the situation, you choose to accept the status quo, and even endorse it to a degree, as indicated by your posts here. Amazing, I could never imagine being so timid and submissive when my integrity is put to question.
        accept the status quo?? I have been arguing on here to quit the NATO EU membership status quo and have Macedonia stand on its own, with its own name. That's not submissive -- that's doing what Macedonians want. If we tell the yanks we don't want to keep chasing this NATO thing, then they will stop talking about the name and stick with the name that they (and their ambassador--reeker) use: Republic of Macedonia.
        Maybe we are arguing the same thing SOM, but look at the US policy -- before there was this Greek/NATO think, there was no US push on the name. More people need to tell Gruevski to stop talking about NATO and EU.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by MakOdToronto
          Still can't find him saying that -- what about a "solution" that does not change the name?
          Read between the lines.
          http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...ghlight=Reeker

Skopje. “The identity is yours and it is not changing. Macedonia should point at the priorities like security, prosperity, setting up of the values and accession to the EU,” said the U.S. Ambassador to Macedonia Philip Reeker, as quoted by Macedonian Makfax agency. Reeker made the statement at a public lecture is the FON University in Skopje.
          Do not make things harder than they already are. You should not think about things that do not exist. You are what you are and you will always be. You should search for a way to reach more and the implementation of your goals is something you should note at,” Reeker said.
          What does he mean by that?
          http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...ghlight=Reeker

the question of the name must be resolved because the future of Macedonia depends upon it
          What does he mean by that?

What is he trying to say? And why is the onus on us, when this is a problem created by Greece? What must we do, according to Reeker?
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
            • Jan 2009

I wouldn’t call Ahmeti a “partner” to Gruevski or the Macedonian people. Its not a partnership, perhaps the better word for this arrangement with shiptar terrorists is “shot gun wedding”? Remember it was your good friends the yanky doodles that “kindly” forced us to put shiptar terrorists in shared power in the Macedonian government. Unbelievable that you think this scenario with Ali Ahmeti is some great “partnership” when it’s a sad story of Macedonians seeing terrorist Ahmeti calling the shots for their country, after he and his people tried to carve up Macedonia and killed many innocent people.

I wouldn’t call Reeker “pro-macedonian”, word on the street is that he “strongly advises” us to change our name and identity. I guess to you maybe you classify modern day grks as “friends”, since they want the same thing as our buddy Reeker…..

The Albanians in Macedonia complain about Reeker, well because the Albanians in Macedonia only do that – complain about every thing. Unless we bend over and give them our country and start calling our selves ancient Illyrians and speak Albanian we will be “racists” and they will continue to complain.

Finally im not anti-american or anti-umd. If you look at all posts relating UMD you wont see my name there much. I only post on UMD related stuff when UMD do some really mind boggling things – such as working with bugaroman organizations or put anti-macedonian racist idiots like Reeker and Ahmeti on pedestals and start singing their praises.

Comment

• Prolet
              • Sep 2009

Toronto, How dumb would it sound if the Ambassador called us FYROM when USA has recognized our name in all fields including institutions and organizations where as most other countries including Canada have only recognized us bilateraly they still call us fyrom in UN,Nato,EU,Council of Europe etc etc

This is what i dont understand, USA was the first country to recognize Kosovo and they pressured us into recognizing that Terrorist State, why didnt they pressure other countries including Greece to recognize us? Im sure there are ways to blackmail them in the sense of withdrawing Aid or even putting sanctions down and you can bet your arse they'll do it if this something to their advantage but instead they are telling us to find a compromise and when you use words like compromise to Greeks to them the only way to find a "Compromise" is if we dont exist as a nation dont warry about the name dispute thats just the tip of the iceburg.

The same way the Greeks negotiated with Turkey for 36 years over the Cyprus issue? The same way Greece threatened to Veto 12 countries if Cyprus didnt join the EU? You should know better that when you hear this word you're better off banging your head against a brick wall.

Which former US Ambassador in Macedonia knew/could speak Albanian?? Christopher Hill? Mike Einick, Lawrence Buttler? Jillian Milovanovich? Come on nobody knew Albanian thats just a bullshit demand from the Albanian Terrorists who are doing all they can to destablize us in order to prove to the world that they want to cooperate yet we dont give them the proper rights. Just remember one thing, Menduh Tachi openly stated that 99% of all Albanians in Macedonia and Kosovo dream of a Greater Albania its not rocket science to figure it out when they openly state it themselves.

As for the Albanian parties, well its the Magareto or the Zmija saying they are all scum anyways both DPA and DUI they have to choose one so whoever they choose is a terrible option, thats the reality of it all.
              МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• julie
                • May 2009

Prolet, sometimes, you really amaze me
                And am voting for you for president
                "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Prolet
                  • Sep 2009

Spolaj Ti Julie that was nice of you
                  МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Mikail
                    • Sep 2008

definitely NO!
                    From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• MakOdToronto
                      • May 2010

Just one point, Prolet -- I met Hill in Poland, and he does speak Albanian. He told me he speaks better Albanian than Macedonia, and spent a lot of time in Kosovo too.-- he opened US embassy in Albania before he was brought to MK. Don't know about the others.

Also, I do not think saying "the 'name issue' must be resolved" means it must be changed. H*ll no! One way to resolve it is just to end the debate and move on. Make the Greeks give in. Why keep it as an open issue, is the way I read it. The Macedonian government could make the issue go away by just saying NO; and that resolves the issue.

Comment

• osiris
                        • Sep 2008

well said makodtoronto its what we have all been saying on mto for a long time.

end the negotiations stop the charade and the self-disrespect right now.

Comment

• MakOdToronto
                          • May 2010

You've got it right, Osiris.
                          If Government of Macedonia declares the "name issue" over/resolved, then it becomes only Greeces problem. US/Reeker won't have to deal with it then, or answer the journalist questions -- and that's all the media ever asks about.

Our company worked with the MPC and got the yanks (nothing from Canada!) to give $600,000 for Sv. Bogorodica Perivleptos in Ohrid. Reeker joined Ivanov to give them the money. That was about respect for Macedonia, its history, its church. All the bloody media could ask about was the "name" -- and Reeker says the same thing every time.

"Solve" this now by declaring there is no "name" issue, and moving on. It's all a diversion.

Comment

• Mikail
                            • Sep 2008

Well said guys. I agree 110%. Best way to resolve it is to ignore it. The more credence we give it as an issue, the bigger the issue becomes.
                            From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• osiris
                              • Sep 2008

doesnt the irony ever strike these western lords of the universe. they are celebrating macedonian history and culture yet entertain the notion of calling it all something else.

osiris to western europes leadership circles is there any intelligent life and sense of justice left in your minds and souls.

Comment

• fyrOM
                                Banned
                                • Feb 2010

If you want to guess what someone is thinking you need to go back over their history for clues. Some of you seem to have a positive view of the usa while others have the opposite and you each cite examples. You are both right as you are equally both wrong. Go back over usa history and you will see one consistency in their actions - what’s good for the usa is good for the usa and everything else is questionable. The only exception is Israel. But leaving them aside if you are on the positive side of the wind in usas interests then you gain if you are not then you potentially stand to loose. Some might say what’s wrong with that - shouldn’t a countries representatives first concern is their country. The sentiment from the rest of you can be summed up as pick your mates and stick with them. Nice sentiments but unrealistic in politics yet in this pc world it is exactly what we are meant to say and not do. I wont go into the pros and cons of supporting Macedonia now but in reference to the Albanians one needs to remember they are the usas science experiment to show the rest of the Muslim world the usa is not against Muslims just radical terrorist types who happen to be Muslim. Hence the unwavering support for the Albanians in Kosovo and Macedonia and if put to the test they will be against Greece. Gruevski playing nice to the Albanians in parliament is only in keeping with usa rule number one. Gruevskis attempts to include other minorities particularly the other Muslim groups to dilute the Albanians power is condoned by the usa because this action shows the Muslim world the usa and Macedonia like all Muslims equally. No bad publicity from the Muslim world yet achieve your end to dilute the Albania power in Macedonia. Marifet. This is how the usa works.

To answer the question of this thread I’ll start by qualifying my answer with the umd have the coolest name for a Macedonian diaspora organization and it would be great if all Macedonians world wide could present themselves as a united front and be taken more seriously and the umd would be a polished name for such a united front but their back flips and dubious comments from time to time do not fill me with confidence they are upto the task. Rather then killing the umd maybe the faces representing it need changing to not only reflect the views of the Macedonians in the diaspora which is what they should be doing but more importantly be able to do it competently. Surely there are highly educated Macedonians in the diaspora who could better fill the positions.

By the way in a different thread much earlier I proposed Prolet Jankovska and Bucktop for the three diaspora seats in parliament so they can give the what for and set them strait.

Comment

Working...
                                X