X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • indigen
    • May 2009

Originally posted by Pelister View Post
    These are intelligent guys. They don't make stupid and careless mistakes.
    I have my doubts about the "intelligent" part, Peli.

R E S O L U T I O N OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE UNITED MACEDONIAN DIASPORA

DATED: JUNE 13, 2009
    The Board of Directors of the United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD), on the occasion of UMD's First Global Conference, affirming UMD's unwavering and consistent support for retention of the constitutional name ....hereby declares:
    Macedonia has a state name - Macedonia and not a "constitutional" name - Republic. Macedonian state was renewed at first sitting of АСНОМ on 2 august, 1944, Prohor Pchinski Monastery.

WHEREAS, the Macedonian people, upon peacefully securing their independence, rightfully chose their historic and ancestral name for themselves and their state, and
    Macedonians did NOT PICK AND CHOOSE A NAME for their state or for themselves in 1991! It is more than moronic to claim that they did, IMO! The Macedonians and Macedonian citizens SIMPLY PROCLAIMED SOVEREIGNTY of the state of MACEDONIA via referendum in Sept. 1991. The modern state of Macedonia has been in existence since 1944 and has had several constitutional titles.

WHEREAS, the Republic of Macedonias constitutional name is central to the identity and self-determination of the Macedonian people, their Macedonian language, culture and heritage.
    More nonsense! I fail to see how "Republic" is "central to the identity and self-determination of the Macedonian people, their Macedonian language, culture and heritage". IMO, ideological vacuum heads create such passages.

RESOLVED, that the United Macedonian Diaspora, reiterates its unwavering support for retention of the constitutional name of the Republic of Macedonia, rejects attempts to impose any name contrary to the historically accepted and democratically affirmed name of the Republic of Macedonia and the Macedonian people, and urges the full membership of Macedonia in NATO and a date certain for negotiations for membership in the European Union.
    What can we make of the following "INTELLIGENT" BISER: "the historically accepted and democratically affirmed name of the Republic of Macedonia"? How historic is "REPUBLIC"?

Enough said.
    Last edited by indigen; 12-23-2009, 02:28 AM.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
      • Oct 2009

UMD is STRONGLY against a name change, and we repeat STRONGLY against a name change! How specific does one need to be? UMD has even referred to the atrocities/ethnic cleaning/genocide committed by the Greek government and Greek people of the Macedonian people as GENOCIDE. How many organizations have stated this?
      For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
      http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
      Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
      Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
      Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• makedonche
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
        UMD is STRONGLY against a name change, and we repeat STRONGLY against a name change! How specific does one need to be? UMD has even referred to the atrocities/ethnic cleaning/genocide committed by the Greek government and Greek people of the Macedonian people as GENOCIDE. How many organizations have stated this?
        Will you state categorically and unequivocally that the name/dispute/ negotiations must cease immediatley?
        Will you state that Macedonia must commence proceedings for redress at UN level to remove the illegally imposed FYR?
        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Meto, here are a couple of questions.

Do the UMD support the name negotiations or speak out against the concept of negotiating about the Macedonian identity?

Do the UMD support the Ohrid Agreement or speak out against this 'treaty' that forces Macedonians to accept ethnic Albanian criminal enclaves where the police are not permitted to enter, and ethnic Albanian language and terrorists in the Macedonian parliament?

Or is this something applauded by the UMD?

Please don't make the mistake of referring me to some info.link again. If you are unable to answer, or don't wish to, then simply ignore the questions, that would be a telling answer in itself in any case.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
            I would welcome a public discussion from the UMD and Meto which includes an assessment of Meto's statements in the past about his version of a realistic and acceptable solution and how it represented a gross error on his part. And how the UMD as a collective group found the statement(s) utterly unacceptable and how much it represents a deviation from the UMD policy.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• makedonche
              • Oct 2008

SoM & RTG - good questions

I believe my questions were just as good - I'm still awaiting a response - my patience is not endless!
              On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Buktop
                • Oct 2009

Why do you people feel entitled to responses from UMD and METO on an internet forum? Why don't you send them e-mails with questions or attend one of their workshops. If you don't like something about UMD why don't you get off your asses and do something about it instead of gang style internet bashing led by the likes of Paul who obviously has his own personal vendetta against the organization.
                "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
                though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
                Our long awaited hour will draw near
                and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• makgerman
                  • Nov 2009

UMD Questions

I partially agree with you Buktop that disagreements between Macedonians and an Organisation representing the Macedonians should be settled in a manner that would be beneficial to all Macedonians, eg email, letter etc.

However, if organisations refuse to reply or totally ignore serious concerns raised by individuals then I believe the issues should be made public. A serious concern to me is an action that would allow for the renaming of our country, language and/or identity without the approval of the overall majority of Macedonians.

I am not on anyone's side and this is a general statement.

Personal disagreements/vendettas, accusations, insults, gang style bashings etc should remain personal.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop
                    Why do you people feel entitled to responses from UMD and METO on an internet forum? Why don't you send them e-mails with questions or attend one of their workshops.
                    Are the questions we are asking in expectation of some 'top secret' information or responses for the eyes of certain individuals only? We are the Macedonian Diaspora, they claim to represent the Macedonian Diaspora, we are entitled to responses based on that fact alone. What sort of representatives are they when on the one hand they willingly participate on our forum yet on the other refuse to answer questions? Why is it a problem for the UMD to answer questions in public? Why is it a problem for you? People like you dramatize it to such an extent that anybody would think we are asking for their banking details.
                    If you don't like something about UMD why don't you get off your asses and do something about it instead of gang style internet bashing led by the likes of Paul who obviously has his own personal vendetta against the organization.
                    Gang-style internet bashing? I am no enemy of the UMD, I have made it clear several times that I agree totally with neither the UMD or Pelister, but as a Macedonian from the Diaspora I want the UMD to engage and interact with the people they are supposed to represent, I want them to clear the air and come out with some strength of character, of which I am sure they are capable. That would be much better than simply referring all questions to some info.com link, and I don't see how it would differ if it was done in a public seminar type of environment, personal email, or on this forum, it will all feed back to the public somehow, as it should, so it would be better for them to make their statements open and have the public view them first hand. There aren't a 1000 Macedonian forums requesting the same thing, in fact, apart from the MTO and Maknews, I doubt there are many if any at all.

By the way Buktop, you can leave your 'gang-style' attitude at Maknews where it belongs, because it has no place here, nor do you have some dictator to come and 'bulldoze' through the voice of Macedonians from Australia, Europe or elsewhere (including the Americas) because he doesn't agree with their opinions. Perhaps it has been to your benefit in such an arrangement, but here at the MTO we have 4 people that have equal responsibility as administrator's which ensures a much higher degree of objectivity.
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Phoenix
                      • Dec 2008

I think there's far more worth in keeping this debate public than there is hiding it behind closed doors, the debate itself opens other questions and attracts the attention of far greater numbers of concerned Macedonians...if everything is transparent there's less to hide and more of us can read from the same page.

UMD has a unusual fear of public scrutiny, I find that perplexing and it has shown a disturbing lack of professionalism when it comes to confronting its critics...if UMD struggles with one or two vocal critics on a forum site how does it cope with the 'BIG-boys' at the top end of town...?

Comment

• makedonche
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
                        Why do you people feel entitled to responses from UMD and METO on an internet forum? Why don't you send them e-mails with questions or attend one of their workshops. If you don't like something about UMD why don't you get off your asses and do something about it instead of gang style internet bashing led by the likes of Paul who obviously has his own personal vendetta against the organization.
                        A direct email was sent to them 5 days ago and still no response, how is it they have time to post on the forum? Futhermore all of the questions were valid and had nothing to do with bashing them - they are legitimate questions which require answers.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                          ...if UMD struggles with one or two vocal critics on a forum site how does it cope with the 'BIG-boys' at the top end of town...?
                          Easy, the big end of town is all about pats on the back, smiles and lots of handshakes.

This forum attracts a huge readership. It is a worthy instrument for delivering messages to the Macedonian Diaspora and a useful marketing tool for them. It is not unreasonable to reciprocate with public dialogue.
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
                            Why do you people feel entitled to responses from UMD and METO on an internet forum?
                            Because UMD posts here.
                            I noted another locked advertisement by UMD posted on Maknews the other day. I am not sure if it still there. But that kind of thing does not happen here unless an organisation contributes to and fundamentally accepts the Macedonian Cause as a matter of fact. To be honest, even then I prefer not to lock a thread because debate is healthy.

Here is a tip Buktop, the UMD will dissolve tomorrow if nobody pays for membership. I would suggest it is the paying members of UMD who are the most interested in honest and transparent responses. And it pays to keep the members happy.

Such ample opportunity to defend themselves and we have such guarded and cryptic responses. I want to know if Meto copped it hard from the rest of the executive committee for his acceptance of a changed name. I also want to know if he can influence the UMD to such an extent that he gets what he wants. If it is indeed effectively a one man show, then quite frankly, we need another organisation that represents the Macedonian Diaspora.
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• Buktop
                              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                              Are the questions we are asking in expectation of some 'top secret' information or responses for the eyes of certain individuals only? We are the Macedonian Diaspora, they claim to represent the Macedonian Diaspora, we are entitled to responses based on that fact alone. What sort of representatives are they when on the one hand they willingly participate on our forum yet on the other refuse to answer questions? Why is it a problem for the UMD to answer questions in public? Why is it a problem for you? People like you dramatize it to such an extent that anybody would think we are asking for their banking details.

Gang-style internet bashing? I am no enemy of the UMD, I have made it clear several times that I agree totally with neither the UMD or Pelister, but as a Macedonian from the Diaspora I want the UMD to engage and interact with the people they are supposed to represent, I want them to clear the air and come out with some strength of character, of which I am sure they are capable. That would be much better than simply referring all questions to some info.com link, and I don't see how it would differ if it was done in a public seminar type of environment, personal email, or on this forum, it will all feed back to the public somehow, as it should, so it would be better for them to make their statements open and have the public view them first hand. There aren't a 1000 Macedonian forums requesting the same thing, in fact, apart from the MTO and Maknews, I doubt there are many if any at all.

By the way Buktop, you can leave your 'gang-style' attitude at Maknews where it belongs, because it has no place here, nor do you have some dictator to come and 'bulldoze' through the voice of Macedonians from Australia, Europe or elsewhere (including the Americas) because he doesn't agree with their opinions. Perhaps it has been to your benefit in such an arrangement, but here at the MTO we have 4 people that have equal responsibility as administrator's which ensures a much higher degree of objectivity.
                              Hey don't get me wrong SoM, I have no problem with public debate, just dont think you are fucking entitled to a personal response by UMD.

Are you a member of UMD? If not, why do you think you are entitled to a response? They do not claim to represent all of us, they represent their members and future members.

I am sick and tired of reading through endless posts UMD did this, UMD didnt do that, FUCK, if you guys are so fed up with UMD do something about it, dont fucking cry about it on some forum and then expect something to be done about it. Join up, or attend their meetings and give your opinion. As of right now all you people are doing is GANG BASHING. And yes that is what it is called when a group of people get together and try to see who can hate the UMD the most.

If it is at all possible I would really like to know why 100% of UMD opposition is coming from Australia? I'm not saying all Australians hate UMD, but it seems that all or most opposition is coming from there.

Comment

• Buktop
                                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                                Because UMD posts here.
                                I noted another locked advertisement by UMD posted on Maknews the other day. I am not sure if it still there. But that kind of thing does not happen here unless an organisation contributes to and fundamentally accepts the Macedonian Cause as a matter of fact. To be honest, even then I prefer not to lock a thread because debate is healthy.
                                No problem with that

Here is a tip Buktop, the UMD will dissolve tomorrow if nobody pays for membership. I would suggest it is the paying members of UMD who are the most interested in honest and transparent responses. And it pays to keep the members happy.
                                Are you a paying member of UMD? If not why do you expect them to respond to your questions? Do you contribute to UMD? Are a serious potential contributor? Answer honestly.

Such ample opportunity to defend themselves and we have such guarded and cryptic responses. I want to know if Meto copped it hard from the rest of the executive committee for his acceptance of a changed name. I also want to know if he can influence the UMD to such an extent that he gets what he wants. If it is indeed effectively a one man show, then quite frankly, we need another organisation that represents the Macedonian Diaspora.
                                Show me where Meto accepted a changed name? And what leads you to believe that it is a one man show? Meto is an employee of UMD he is not the sole leader of it, he volunteered to be a full time employee, sacrificing all of his time and effort to serve the Macedonian diaspora.

Comment

Working...
                                X