Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prolet
    • Sep 2009

Indigen, What have you got saved?? Metodija has done alot for our Diaspora, he certainly puts in the hard yards.
    МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
      • Jan 2009

Indigen said;
      Since, the "UMD" CLAIMS to speak for "ALL MACEDONIANS" (MEGALOMANIA GONE BERSERK!!!), (how) did you consult them before sending out what is, IMO, useless dribble in their name?
      Indy check out their latest press release here - http://umdiaspora.org/content/view/450/1/

And read the last paragraph and what it states;

Founded in 2004, United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) is the leading international non-governmental organization addressing the interests and needs of Macedonians and Macedonian communities throughout the world. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., UMD has an office in Melbourne, Australia and Toronto, Canada and representatives in Paris, London, Brussels, Vienna, Kiev, St. Petersburg, and Stuttgart.

Where does it state that they represent ALL Macedonians?
      Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
        • Jan 2009

UMD Urges Bulgaria and Greece to Recognize the Macedonian Minority Within Their Borde

UMD Urges Bulgaria and Greece to Recognize the Macedonian Minority Within Their Borders

WASHINGTON, D.C. – DECEMBER 10, 2009 – The United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) in commemoration of the 61st Anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights urges Bulgaria and Greece to recognize the existence of the Macedonian minority within their borders. UMD calls upon the European Union to ensure that their two member states Bulgaria and Greece uphold the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the Framework Convention for the Protection of National Minorities.

UMD urges Bulgaria and Greece to follow the example of Albania, Croatia, Romania, and Serbia that recognize the existence of a Macedonian minority. In these countries, the Macedonian minorities can practice the Macedonian language unlike in Bulgaria and Greece who have not even signed or ratified the European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages. In the Republic of Macedonia, all minorities are officially recognized by the Constitution of the country and enjoy all democratic rights.

Dispersed throughout Southeast Europe over the past 61 years since the signing of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Macedonians still find themselves living in neighboring countries such as Bulgaria and Greece, without being able to exercise their most basic human rights. Paradoxically, both of these countries are members of the European Union and NATO, yet some of their citizens are still compelled to continue their struggle for the most basic human rights simply because Bulgaria and Greece do not recognize their Macedonian ethnicity.

Macedonians in Bulgaria and Greece are regularly harassed and intimidated in an effort to deny their fundamental freedoms, particularly the freedom to identify аs one’s ethnic heritage. UMD calls upon the relevant United Nations and the European Union institutions to close a significant gap by recognizing, protecting and promoting the legitimate human rights of the Macedonian people as guaranteed by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the Framework Convention for the Protection of National Minorities.

UMD encourages all Macedonians to continue their struggle for basic human rights. UMD urges Macedonians to be active in their communities, to promote the Macedonian cause and to be outspoken in their support of the many Macedonians in Bulgaria and Greece who do not enjoy the freedoms that Macedonians enjoy in the Republic of Macedonia and the rest of the world.

Founded in 2004, United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) is the leading international non-governmental organization addressing the interests and needs of Macedonians and Macedonian communities throughout the world. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., UMD has an office in Melbourne, Australia and Toronto, Canada and representatives in Paris, London, Brussels, Vienna, Kiev, St. Petersburg, and Stuttgart.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
          • Jan 2009

Thank you for writing this UMD. I am happy you included the plight of not just the Macedonians in modern "greece" but of the ones in Bulgaria as well who seem to take a backseat to the Macedonians in modern "greece". I personally would like to see more written about the Macedonians in Bulgaria with regards to what just happened with the OMO Ilinden Pirin and the BS CoE organization.

Comment

• Prolet
            • Sep 2009

TM, Its great that you are posting information on our minority in Pirinska Makedonija, i do think they are very important and they should be mentioned like everyone else.

Spolaj Ti
            МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• julie
              • May 2009

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
              Read full press release: http://umdiaspora.org/content/view/449/1/

The United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) expresses its disappointment over yesterday’s conclusion by the European Union (EU) Council of Ministers to revisit opening of Macedonia’s accession negotiations during the Spanish Presidency in the first half of 2010. The Council further concluded that a mutually acceptable solution on the “name issue” is essential, hinting that the solving of the “name issue” may be a prerequisite to opening accession negotiations.
              ??? i speak for myself thank you
              "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

ther can be no mutually acceptable solution it "s all a big joke .seriously do you think either side wiill budge.
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Buktop
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by indigen View Post
                  Pelister/Paul is WORTHY of RESPECT, and he has mine!

I have not said anything that I can not backup, so (briefly) what is your problem?

FYI: I know Meto (on Internet) from way back when he first started posting on Makedon Discussion List (and he is lucky the archives have been deleted) and some other fora, he had left a lot tracks and marks. He bombarded, annoyed and frustrated many a Macedonian over the years, I have a few gems saved. :-)
                  Pelister/Paul is a liar and will not have my respect until he comes clean.

Wow, you had an internet discussion with Meto, you know him oh so well. I've personally worked with him. What's your point?
                  "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
                  though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
                  Our long awaited hour will draw near
                  and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Buktop
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                    Hint for the UMD. The Diaspora is mighty excited by the strong statements made by Ivanov and Gruevski lately. As an example, the RtGD (Risto the Great Diaspora) would have sent a public letter to Gruevski and Co. thanking them for remaining steadfast and strong in their beliefs about our inviolable identity.

The Diaspora is "hard-line" on these matters. The UMD purports to be the voice of the Diaspora yet does not echo quite the same sentiment.
                    Diaspora Orgs and NGO's can not afford to rant and rave like the unassociated diaspora. They are held to a higher standard and maintain a repertoire with foreign governments, such that they are taken seriously as an organization and not a group of rambling fools. The government issues statements to appease their supporters and their respective parties and voters. They are expected to issue stronger internal statements.
                    "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
                    though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
                    Our long awaited hour will draw near
                    and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop
                      Diaspora Orgs and NGO's can not afford to rant and rave like the unassociated diaspora. They are held to a higher standard and maintain a repertoire with foreign governments
                      I don't see how 'rant and rave' is relevant here and why it has to be connected to a logical statement that supports the integrity of the Macedonian state and identity, based on the recent statements of the government. If that's the case then perhaps the UMD should consider changing its name, as currently it seems to indicate that it is representative of the whole diaspora, associated or not - unless of course they represented only the voices of their own membership, in which there is an even stronger case for a name change to their organisation.
                      The government issues statements to appease their supporters and their respective parties and voters. They are expected to issue stronger internal statements
                      You almost make it out like the statements from the UMD are more important in the international scene than that of the Macedonian government.
                      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Brygian Seed
                        • Dec 2009

The UN the EU and various other organisation dealing with human rights and the rights of minorities have 'asked' Athens and Sofia to respect the Macedonian population within their geographical borders. To date, nothing or very little has changed. What is the answer? Diplomacy seems to do very little in respect to the Macedonians across various issues.

IT IS CLEAR THAT MACEDONIA IS EXPERIENCING THE 'THIRD BALKAN WAR'.

Instead of weapons, words are used. One neighbour is aiming to destroy Macedonia's ethnicity, the other its history and the third its spiritual and religious identity. What 'they' didn't success in 1912-14 they are attempting know, whilst the world once again watches.

The 'powers of the world' demand that the rest of the world use diplomacy to resolve their problems, whilst they themselves do so by war and physical force. In doing so breaking the laws and rules demanded of other countries.

When will Macedonia realise that it has no true friends and words have yielded very little over the last 18 years?

Comment

• Pelister
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
                          UMD understands your anger towards NATO and the EU; UMD shares the same beliefs with you about this situation but as the leading Macedonian organization in the world, we need to show diplomacy to earn the respect of the European countries who did not give us the support during the Council of Ministers meetings. There are 3 P's of advocacy and that is persistence, patience, and professionalism.

UMD representatives were in Brussels the last few days and witnessed first-hand the little or no knowledge the European institutions and citizens have about Macedonia. Europe does not know Macedonia. UMD was in Brussels to gain as much support for Macedonia as possible. It is not easy because the Greek diaspora in Europe, and the Greek diplomacy, have succeeded in entering all levels of European institutions. UMD will be establishing stronger European operations in the following months as UMD sees the need to assist Macedonia at the European level.

UMD's positions regarding the name of Macedonia, and the problems Macedonian minorities in Bulgaria and Greece face were reiterated in all meetings.
                          Minutes and notes to the meetings. Make them available !

Then, please explain why the President of UMD was calling for a name change ? (Please for the benefit of all of us).

And while our at it, explain to the rest of us (ignorant) Macedonians why in your statements you support our admission to NATO by the acronym FYROM ?

And then explain, why in your statements you back these negotiations ?

And finally, why won't UMD issue a statement rejecting the negotiations, and ask the Macedonian leadership to end it ?

Comment

• indigen
                            • May 2009

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
                            Indigen said;

Since the "UMD" CLAIMS to speak for "ALL MACEDONIANS" (MEGALOMANIA GONE BERSERK!!!), (how) did you consult them before sending out what is, IMO, useless dribble in their name?
                            Indy check out their latest press release...And read the last paragraph and what it states;

Where does it state that they represent ALL Macedonians?
                            Timmy, what I highlighted above in your quoted excerpt says/means exactly that, IMO. On top of this, I have read on Maknews where their Vice President, if memory serves me right, said something that is close or identical to what I stated.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                              • Jan 2009

Indy how could this possibly state what you guys have been claiming? I do not see the word "ALL" before Macedonians. This is the exact quote;

addressing the interests and needs of Macedonians and Macedonian communities throughout the world.
                              Again someone put a spin on this and started to state that the UMD "said that they represent ALL Macedonians around the world". When in fact they simply state "Macedonians" i.e. could be some, could be many, could be 9 people. Obviously you and Pelister don't have the UMD view so fair enough. They don't represent you.

Comment

• indigen
                                • May 2009

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                                Indigen, What have you got saved?? Metodija has done a lot for our Diaspora, he certainly puts in the hard yards.
                                Well, Meto is still relatively a boy now (in age and political maturity, IMO) and you can imagine how he would have behaved as a 16/17 year-old kid that was all worked up and spending much of his time in front of the PC. :-) I generally ignored him and really never saved anything from Makedon List (which was hosted on the Buffalo University List Serv from 1999) posted by him. The Archives were there until recently and were easily accessible for anyone to read.

He has left some trails on MacedonianMediaMonitor (Yahoo groups) which are indicative of his foggy political ideology, from my perspective.

Meto has done nothing for me as member of the Macedonian-Australian Community and in fact I can see where he undermines Macedonian national interests in many ways, again from my political perspective, which I think has a strong resonance at least in Macedonian communities in Australia.

Comment

Working...
                                X