Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stojacanec
    • Dec 2009

What he meant to say was Greek Macedonians are different to Macedonian Macedoinans.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Stojacanec View Post
      What he meant to say was Greek Macedonians are different to Macedonian Macedoinans.
      Not really sure about that, he did not refer to Greek Macedonians, he referred to Greeks. Which is appropriate. But he then royally placed his foot in his mouth by referring to some mysterious "Slavs". I will pay him a million dollars if he can define that ethnicity in a fashion that can be willingly embraced by anyone speaking a slavic language.

I don't think Steve knew anything about UMD before the Adelaide visit. So wonder out loud how the "Roadmap for One" became the Macedonian Roadmap.

Originally posted by DirtyCodingHabitz
      He talks a lot of shit in front of his greek buddies. Why can't he say this in front of the Macedonian community?
      Stupider things have been said by Macedonians a million times over. There really needs to be an awakening of ideology amongst leaders (and those that purport to be) of communities.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Stojacanec View Post
        Firstly, he was contacted by a colleague of mine at the time, who asked him to clarify his comments and get the ABC to withdraw them. My colleague was told that those are Steve's views, that he believes we are 'slavs'. Besides, Steve has had ample time to clarify these comments and I am aware that he has seen his comments discussed on this forum but has never come here to clarify them.

Secondly, the use of anything other than 'Macedonian' to identify Macedonians is completely unacceptable in any situation.

Finally, what are "Greek Macedonians" and "Macedonian Macedonians". Do you care to clarify what YOU mean by those terms?
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Stojacanec
          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post

Finally, what are "Greek Macedonians" and "Macedonian Macedonians". Do you care to clarify what YOU mean by those terms?
          I don't recognise the term greek macedonian as anything let alone an enthnic identifyer. I have never used Macedonian with prefixes or suffixes.

I meant the term loosley. My point was to say that the term Greek Macedonian sounds as stupid as Slav Macedonain or Macedonian Macedonian.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
            • Oct 2009

Macedonian Diaspora Survey

Dear Macedonian diaspora,

In the framework of my PhD research on the Macedonian diaspora, , which I am currently conducting at the Institut d’Etudes Poltiques de Paris, I would like to invite you, in your capacity as Macedonian diaspora leaders and activists, to fill in the on-line questionnaire that you can access on the link below:

Receiving as many of your answers answers to this questionnaire would help me build a clear and realistic picture of the forms of identification of Macedonian diaspora members, the forms of organization of the Macedonian diaspora, as well as its priorities and its links to the Republic of Macedonia as a home state.

Therefore, I hope that you would be able to take 45 minutes of your precious time to answer as many questions as you wish of this questionnaire, if possible in English or in Macedonian.

The information provided will be strictly confidential and for my exclusive use for my PhD research. It may be destroyed after the completion of the thesis, at your request.

Kindly fill in this questionnaire if possible by 31 March 2011. For any questions, do not hesitate to contact me at [email protected].

Please forward this e-mail to anyone you believe can contribute to this questionnaire.

Thank you in advance for your time and contribution!

Kristina Balalovska
            For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
            http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
            Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
            Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
            Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
              • Oct 2009

Roadmap

Endorsed by the majority of Austrlian Macedonian organsiations!? They haven't even heard of it! Who are these organisations that have supposedly agreed to it????

Where is a copy of this "Roadmap"???
              Click here to see a list of all the Australian Macedonian organizations that supported UMD's roadmap: http://umdiaspora.powweb.com/images/...guralForum.pdf

If you need any help with pinpointing where they are on the document, it is page 1 on the right side...here is the text just in case:

A joint initiative involving:
              • The leading Macedonian community organisations
              at international, national and state level including:
              the United Macedonian Diaspora, the Macedonian
              National Council
              , Macedonian Community Councils
              of Victoria, NSW, ACT, Queensland, South Australia
              and Western Australia
              , The Australian Macedonian
              Human Rights Committee
              , other important
              organisations and activists.
              • The Office of Darren Cheeseman, Federal MP for
              Corangamite and Chair of the Australia Macedonia
              Inter-Parliamentary Group.
              • The Embassy of the Republic of Macedonia in
              Canberra and the Consulate General of the Republic of
              Macedonia in Melbourne.
              The Australian Macedonian Weekly and Today/
              Denes
              and key foreign affairs editors from leading
              media organisations.
              • Foreign policy experts from leading Australian
              universities and think tanks.

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

Australia is still going to refer to us as FYROM there's not a thing the umd can say or do that will make one iota of difference.It seems to be that the umd self appointed itself to deal with the diaspora issues.We are still waiting for the umd to stop the name negotiations.Where's the roadmap on how it's going to stop the negotiations.I'm sure that none of the organizations would support the umd if they found out how it is not representing the interest of all macedonians in the diaspora.
                Vangelovski is right no one has really heard of you let alone that you done anything for them.Is it like that you self appoint yourself give yourself the top job that you can't even live up to achieve one thing for the macedonians.
                Last edited by George S.; 02-27-2011, 03:32 PM. Reason: edit
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                  • Oct 2009

George S. - what have you done to ensure Australia does not refer to Macedonia under the UN provisional reference?

It seems like the wider Australian-Macedonian organizations supported the roadmap, so UMD didn't self-appoint anything.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                    • Oct 2009

Original Copy of Milososki Letter to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon

Stay tuned for more...

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Annex to the letter dated 15 February 2011 from the Permanent Representative of the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia addressed to the Secretary-General I have the honour to address you with regard to the letter from H.E. Mr. Dimitris P. Droutsas, Minister for Foreign Affairs of the Hellenic Republic, dated 12 November 2010 (see A/65/667-S/2010/672, annex).

By way of introduction, I note the significant delay between the date of theletter (12 November 2010) and its circulation (the letter was forwarded to you by way of a letter from the Permanent Representative of the Hellenic Republic to the United Nations, Anastassis Mitsialis, dated 21 December 2010, and circulated by you on 30 December 2010).

The letter makes a number of factually and legally incorrect assertions concerning my country, to which I must respond. The first inaccurate claim is that the Republic of Macedonia has failed to negotiate in good faith to reach a solution concerning the difference over the name of my country. The second is that we are alleged to have engaged in practices of “antiquization” and “provocation”, in breach of the Interim Accord signed between the Hellenic Republic and the Republic of Macedonia in 1995. The Republic of Macedonia strongly rejects both allegations, which are based on fundamental misrepresentations of fact and law.

With respect to the negotiations concerning the difference over the name of my country, the Republic of Macedonia has engaged actively and constructively in good faith negotiations since the adoption of Security Council resolution 817 (1993), through the mediation process led most recently by your Personal Envoy, Matthew Nimetz. In the course of those negotiations, the Republic of Macedonia accepted a number of proposals put forward by Mr. Nimetz as a basis for a solution, including the proposal of March 2008 of “Republic of Macedonia (Skopje)”, which the Hellenic Republic regrettably rejected.

The acceptance of these proposals represented a departure by my country from its preferred position, with the aim of facilitating a mutually acceptable solution. In making these concessions we have sought to address Greek concerns, being guided by a spirit of goodwill and good-neighbourly relations. We have repeatedly reiterated our firm commitment to the negotiation process and our determination to resolve the difference that has arisen over the name. That is why Mr. Nimetz has commended us for our serious efforts in seeking to resolve the difference. As I reiterated to you last time when we exchanged views, we are eager to ensure that the stalled negotiation process is reinvigorated. We were thus very pleased at the scheduling of the recent meeting with your Personal Envoy, which took place in New York on 9 February, and we look forward to the next round of talks.

My country also demonstrated its strong commitment to developing and maintaining good-neighbourly relations with our Greek neighbour, through its participation in a series of high-level bilateral contacts with the Hellenic Republic over the past 16 months. These talks were rendered possible by a welcome change in Greek policy in 2009, permitting the resumption of such contacts. We have approached this parallel process, intended to facilitate the negotiations undertaken under your auspices, with good faith. In order to further develop mutual cooperation between our two countries, and to assist in developing a climate of goodneighbourliness conducive to resolving the difference over the name, the Republic of Macedonia has in good faith proposed and retabled a number of initiatives intended to assist the advancement of bilateral relations. Macedonia remains hopeful that the Hellenic Republic will reconsider its initial negative response to those initiatives.

The Republic of Macedonia also remains hopeful that the Hellenic Republic will depart from its self-stated “non-negotiable” “red line” position of seeking unilaterally to impose its demands for “a compound name with a geographical qualifier for all uses and purposes”. Indeed, the Hellenic Republic’s approach to the mediation process envisages an obligation on the Republic of Macedonia to simply acquiesce to unilateral “non-negotiable” demands made by the Hellenic Republic. Yet a compromise and enduring solution to the difference will be reached only if account is taken of both parties’ positions, as well as of the fundamental principles of international law, including respect for the integrity and equality of sovereign States.

The Hellenic Republic also has sought to impose its demands on the Republic of Macedonia through a strategy of actions intended to limit our Euro-Atlantic and European integration. Pursuant to this strategy, and with the purpose of seeking to pressure our country into accepting its demands in the name of negotiations, the Hellenic Republic objected to the admission of my country to North Atlantic Treaty Organization membership in 2008. That objection is currently the subject of a case before the International Court of Justice, where we seek, inter alia, a declaration that the Hellenic Republic has violated the letter and spirit of the Interim Accord of 1995.

With respect to the Hellenic Republic’s second allegation, it is unclear in what sense “relief representations” constructed “as part of the ‘Skopje 2014’ plan” have any connection to the name negotiations. In any event, the Republic of Macedonia rejects the assertion that it has engaged in practices of “antiquization” or “provocation” in violation of the Interim Accord of 1995 in relation to “a series of relief representations”, or otherwise. It also refutes in the strongest terms the misrepresentation made by the Hellenic Republic that the Republic of Macedonia “refuses to take any corrective actions” pursuant to article 7, paragraph 3, of the Interim Accord. The allegation made by the Hellenic Republic is based on a fundamental misrepresentation of the facts, and of the meaning of article 7, paragraph 2, and 7, paragraph 3, of the Interim Accord.

The facts of the matter are as follows:

On 1 November 2010 the Macedonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs received a note verbale from the Liaison Office of the Hellenic Republic in Skopje, alleging a violation by the Republic of Macedonia of article 7 of the Interim Accord in the form of “a series of relief representations of prominent Greek historical figures of Ancient Macedonia, such as the Vergina sun … on the basis [sic] of the lion statues at the “Goce Delcev” road bridge in Skopje”. The reconstruction of this bridge forms part of the “Skopje 2014” plan, referred to in the letter from the Hellenic Republic.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Macedonia, in keeping with its obligations under the Interim Accord, reviewed the matters raised by the Hellenic Republic and responded on 1 December 2010, informing the Hellenic Republic that the symbol formerly displayed on the Republic of Macedonia’s national flag the “Vergina sun” by the Hellenic Republic) had been removed from the statues on the bridge in question. The note verbale read in material part as follows:

“… In accordance with article 7, paragraph 3, of the Interim Accord and in the spirit of good-neighbourly relations, the Ministry is pleased to inform the Liaison Office of the Hellenic Republic that, subsequent to further investigations into the matters raised, it has taken action to ensure that the symbol formerly displayed on the national flag of the Republic of Macedonia will not appear on the completed lion statues at the Goce Delcev road bridge.

As the Liaison Office of the Hellenic Republic may be aware, at the time this matter was raised with the Macedonian Foreign Ministry, and at the time the action by the Foreign Ministry was taken, the lion statues at the Goce Delcev road bridge were still under construction, and remain so to date …”.

As such, the allegation that my country “refuses to take any corrective actions” is plainly without foundation. It was erroneous on 12 November 2010 when the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Hellenic Republic penned his letter to the United Nations: as of that date, the Republic of Macedonia had not yet responded to the Hellenic Republic’s note verbale. And it was fundamentally misrepresentative of the facts on 21 December 2010 when it was forwarded to you for distribution: by that date, my country had responded by way of a reply note verbale, setting out the “corrective actions” of which the Hellenic Republic was aware.

This reply note verbale from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Macedonia, dated 1 December 2010, refuted the Hellenic Republic’s claim that “relief representations” of historical figures from the region are capable of constituting a breach of article 7 of the Interim Accord. It further invited the Hellenic Republic to explain the basis for such a claim:

“… the Ministry of Foreign Affairs reiterates its position that artistic representations of important historic figures from the region, such as those which appear on the lions on the Goce Delcev bridge, are in no way inconsistent with the requirements of the 1995 Interim Accord. The Interim Accord does not and was never intended to curtail artistic expression, as the commitment undertaken by both Parties in article 9 makes clear. The Ministry once again expresses its hope that the Hellenic Republic does not seek to undermine the freedom of expression that is reflected in the right of artistic expression in either of our countries.

Insofar as the Hellenic Republic asserts that the artistic depiction of historical figures is capable (1) of amounting to a breach of article 7 of the 1995 Interim Accord or (2) of engaging the provisions of article 7, paragraph 3, of the same accord, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Macedonia reiterates its previous request — that remains unanswered — that the Hellenic Republic clarify the basis for that assertion …”.

It is unclear why the Hellenic Republic chose not to engage in dialogue conducive to the promotion of good-neighbourly relations, by responding to the questions raised in the Republic of Macedonia’s note verbale. Instead, the Hellenic Republic sought to escalate the matter, by writing to you on the basis of a misperception of the facts and law. I regret very much this approach, which appears to be connected with the pending case before the International Court of Justice.

In closing, I wish to emphasize that my Government remains fully and firmly committed to all the undertakings enshrined in the 1995 Interim Accord, and to the United Nations negotiation process under your auspices relating to resolution of the name issue. We hope that the difference over the name can be brought to a swift and successful conclusion. The Republic of Macedonia remains ready and willing to reach a mutually acceptable resolution.
                      (Signed) Antonio Miloshoski
                      Here is the text of the letter.
                      Thank you UMD for pointing out the obvious failure of DPMNE. That they are in fact the enemy of Macedonians. I assume from the above letter, the UMD will instantly draft a response which appropriately classifies DPMNE as an enemy of the State.
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

In the course of those negotiations, the Republic of Macedonia accepted a number of proposals put forward by Mr. Nimetz as a basis for a solution, including the proposal of March 2008 of “Republic of Macedonia (Skopje)”, which the Hellenic Republic regrettably rejected.
                        There it is.
                        DPMNE regretted not being able to change Macedonia to Macedonia (Skopke).
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• Vangelovski
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
                          Click here to see a list of all the Australian Macedonian organizations that supported UMD's roadmap: http://umdiaspora.powweb.com/images/...guralForum.pdf

If you need any help with pinpointing where they are on the document, it is page 1 on the right side...here is the text just in case:

A joint initiative involving:
                          • The leading Macedonian community organisations
                          at international, national and state level including:
                          the United Macedonian Diaspora, the Macedonian
                          National Council, Macedonian Community Councils
                          of Victoria, NSW, ACT, Queensland, South Australia
                          and Western Australia, The Australian Macedonian
                          Human Rights Committee, other important
                          organisations and activists.
                          Another big UMD lie!

Meto, these "community councils" are nothing but paper organisations, they are empty shells. Are you now claiming that these non-existant organisations "supported" your 'roadmap'? Even if there was any substance to these "community councils" which only exist on paper, do you expect us to believe the NSW one, for example, which was actually the brainchild of Aleksandrov, would support this roadmap that he, as far as I'm aware of, has never seen? The same goes for Queensland and WA. SA was dealt with in a previous post. In relation to the "Community Council of the ACT", that does not even exist on paper! And if it does, noone in Queanbeyan/Canberra has ever heard of it.

I am confident that the AMHRC does not support this 'roadmap' of yours, but I will let them speak for themselves.

These pathetic lies are becoming quite malicious!
                          Last edited by Vangelovski; 02-27-2011, 06:37 PM.
                          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

In accordance with article 7, paragraph 3, of the Interim Accord and in the spirit of good-neighbourly relations, the Ministry is pleased to inform the Liaison Office of the Hellenic Republic that, subsequent to further investigations into the matters raised, it has taken action to ensure that the symbol formerly displayed on the national flag of the Republic of Macedonia will not appear on the completed lion statues at the Goce Delcev road bridge.
                            Macedonians of the Republic, your leaders will not support your name nor your symbols.

Feel free to wave the new flag around as a sign of protest.
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• Vangelovski
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                              There it is.
                              DPMNE regretted not being able to change Macedonia to Macedonia (Skopke).
                              The admission of what we already knew finally came.

Comment

• Bill77
                                • Oct 2009

The admission of what we already knew finally came.
                                It will just make Gruevski more popular. You watch the poll ratings soar. I will say it again, we are a sick nation.
                                http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

Working...
                                X