X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
    “Our country is faced with a large challenge. Its goal of Euro-Atlantic integration is challenged by an irrational problem imposed by a single member state of NATO and the EU. We are encouraged by the support of the USA, Canada and many other nations in discussions on overcoming this problem that continue under the auspices of the United Nations. I am personally grateful to the Macedonian Diaspora, and through organizations such as the United Macedonian Diaspora, for being Ambassadors for their homeland, Macedonia.”

- Macedonian President Gjorge Ivanov in a letter to the first UMD Global Conference guests
    I think we should add this quote Meto has used to advertise the conference to his list of bloopers. He probably doesn't even understand the ramifications of it.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Bill77
      • Oct 2009

Bill - do you want to come? Here is your invitation, on the front page of the following website:
      Thanks but i have more important things to do that day. I'll be watching grass grow. But mabe next time.
      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
        • Oct 2009

Jas sum Makedonija!!!

МАКЕДОНЕЦ сум затоа што: Сум МАКЕДОНЕЦ по род, култура, историја, традиција! Зборувам MАКЕДОНСКИ! Ја чувствувам крвта МАКЕДОНСКА во моите вени! Сум од родот древен на Филип и Александар! Сум МАКЕДОНИЈА - земја библиска, една и единствена, од секојпат и за секојпат
        For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
        http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
        Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
        Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
        Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Don't put down your community; they did quite a lot against Rann.
          I am not sure what you mean by "quite a lot".
          They did nothing for at least 2 months from the date of the incident.
          They did a little bit AFTER the AMHRC did a lot about this.
          They then spent money on an advertisement that was difficult to read.
          I could tell you a little about their interaction with the AMHRC but I want to sound secretive and mysterious.

Can you explain why the 2 month delay in protest occurred? I can and have.

It was a failure by my local community.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Prolet
            • Sep 2009

Risto, I think our Embassy is to blame mostly, they failed to respond in anway and even declined to give out interviews on ABC and so forth.

Why did they remain silent for so long?
            МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
              • Oct 2009

Ambassador

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
              Risto, I think our Embassy is to blame mostly, they failed to respond in anway and even declined to give out interviews on ABC and so forth.

Have you checked your facts?

If the Embassy failed to respond in any way why did the Australian interview Ambassador Stojanovski, see: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1225828488204

The story about Mike Rann was made real news only that week.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post

The Embassy was irrelevant. The local community was jump started into action after the issue was met head on by the AMHRC. It should have started from the local community and then spread out. But they were piss weak on the issue because they were hopeful for a grant. The UMD is looking for grants as we speak, hopefully they won't feel constrained or compromised at really important times too.
                Risto the Great

Comment

• fyrOM
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2010

I jas.

The editor insists I have at least 10 characters so these are my at least 10 characters.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

And that is why UMD's membership in Australia and New Zealand grew as a result of the UMD United for Macedonia's Future Tour.
                    Grew? How much did it grow by?

The only thing that grew is your inflated ego, after your arrogant and inconclusive responses to genuine questions from the public, while hiding behind the skirts of Kostoff and Ordan. The way you danced around questions was absurd at best. Don't let your baby-sitters in Australia fool you, UMD support here is so insignificant it may as well be non-existent.
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                      • Oct 2009

Ha

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                      Grew? How much did it grow by?

The only thing that grew is your inflated ego, after your arrogant and inconclusive responses to genuine questions from the public, while hiding behind the skirts of Kostoff and Ordan. The way you danced around questions was absurd at best. Don't let your baby-sitters in Australia fool you, UMD support here is so insignificant it may as well be non-existent.
                      That's what you think. :-)

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                        • Oct 2009

Amhrc

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                        The Embassy was irrelevant. The local community was jump started into action after the issue was met head on by the AMHRC. It should have started from the local community and then spread out. But they were piss weak on the issue because they were hopeful for a grant. The UMD is looking for grants as we speak, hopefully they won't feel constrained or compromised at really important times too.
                        To our knowledge, UMD is not seeking any grants in Australia.

Comment

• Rogi
                          • Sep 2008

Let's keep things real.

Among Australian-Macedonians, UMD is considered an "American thing". Hardly anything is known about UMD in Australia.

Those who attended the UMD Functions in February, were the same people who attend all community events. Many, or most of them are family friends and/or relatives of the members and readers of this forum.

As for the growth in the number of paid UMD members from Australia, it very well may have grown substantially, relative to pre-existing low number of members from Australia. In reality, this forum has the same, if not more registered members from Australia.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                            • Sep 2008

Meto seems to think the Australian Macedonian communities don't communicate with each other, but they do and they share information.

UMD did in fact gain some recruits, however, the quality of most of these recruits is nothing to brag about. He'll soon learn that most of them are more of a liability than an asset. Others, are the charlatans that turn up for photo ops, pretend they're someone important, promise the world and then disappear. I in fact, I witnessed a number of these in the Canberra/Queanbeyan session myself. They're always looking for someone new and unsuspecting and that is the trap you fall into when you're doing wirlwind tours.
                            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

To our knowledge, UMD is not seeking any grants in Australia.
                              It is in the USA though. Remember, you thanked Vangelovski for the heads up about 8 hours ago:
                              Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org
                              Vangelovski - excellent research! We are going to look into this closely and see if we will be considered for any U.S. government funding for specific democracy-building projects.
                              Even though the terms are clearly drawn such that they must be "initiatives that advance the national interest on specific policy issues".

YouTube - team america theme with lyrics
                              Risto the Great

Comment

• Prolet
                                • Sep 2009

Risto, On tuesday's edition of 3zzz radio there was an interview with the President of the Mladina Andrew Ananievski who will be one of the speakers at the UMD Conference in Toronto. This guy from what i've heard is on the rise and has the respect of many leaders within our community he is a young guy i think he is 18 or 19 years old.

He mentioned that one of the plans that he's got is for our people to build a Macedonian Library in Australia. Its a fantastic initiative no doubt about it.
                                МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

Working...
                                X