X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liberator of Makedonija
    • Apr 2014

Vrhovism

Starting this thread out of curiosity of what exactly Vrhovism is and who Vrhovist's are. All relative information to be posted in this thread
    I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.
    • Apr 2014

R.A. Reiss describes Vrhovists as those Macedonians who had assumed powerful positions in the new Bulgarian state and wished to liberate their homeland by means of incorporating it into the new state that they had found so much wealth and success in.
    Last edited by Liberator of Makedonija; 11-06-2018, 04:33 AM.
    I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Apr 2014

The Vrhovist, Krum Zografov supposedly said that "We will cut the tongues of those that speak of an independent Macedonia"

https://mk.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9C...98%D0%B0_(1912)

Comment

• Apr 2014

The ideological split between VMRO and SMC/VMK (Vrhovists) detailed by Duncan Perry

Comment

• Apr 2014

A segment from the July 1905 edition of „Революционенъ листь“, the official publication of VMRO in Solun from 1904-1906. Edited by Dimo Hadžidimov:

„... А што претставуваат врховистите? Тоа се еден грст луѓе, еден мал кружок на чело на кој стои резервниот генерал Цончев, кој - иако нема трага од некогашните Македоно-одрински друштва во Бугарија - продолжува да се нарекува и да се потпишува како претседател на некаков Врховен комитет којшто не постои. Тие, врховистите, претставуваат полна негација на Внатрешната организација - меѓу нив и неа има бездна. Пред се против целата на Организацијата - автономна Македонија и нејзината девиза Македонија на Македонците - тие поставуваат некаква автономна Македонија со прикриена девиза Македонија за Бугарија. Автономаната Македонија се сваќа од Организацијата као самостојна државичка која ќе влезе како оделен член во Федерацијата на другите државички на Полуостровот, и врховистите се... како преку... форма кон Санстефанска Бугарија, која им изгледа на оние што не гледаат подалеку од носот дека може да биде реализирана... врховистите со својот теснограден и неразумен национализам... се трудат на секој начин и со своите акции да го претставуваат пред надворешниот свет ослободителното движење како чисто бугарско и со тоа, компромитирајќи ја каузата, и нанаесуваат тешки удари...“

GOOGLE TRANSLATION

"... And what are the Supremacists [Vrhovists]? They are a handful of people, a small circle headed by the reserve general Tsonchev, who - although there is no trace of the former Macedonian-Adrianople societies in Bulgaria - continues to be called and signed as chairman of a non-existent Supreme Committee. They, the Supremacists [Vrhovists], are a complete denial of the Internal Organisation [VMRO] - there is an abyss between them. First of all, against the whole of the Organisation [VMRO] - Autonomous Macedonia and its motto, Macedonia of the Macedonians - they are setting some kind of autonomous Macedonia with a hidden motto of Macedonia for Bulgaria. Autonomous Macedonia is understood by the Organisation [VMRO] as an independent state that will enter as a separate member of the federation of other states on the peninsula [Balkans] , and the Supremacists [Vrhovists] are ... as through ... form towards a San Stefano Bulgaria [Greater Bulgaria]..."

Comment

• VMRO
            • Sep 2008

The Supreme Macedonian Committee was formed in response to creation of the IMRO.

Below is a reason why VMRO called their first official congress.

The first Congress of the Macedonian Revolutionary Organization (M.R.O) was conveyed due to the open interference of the Supreme Macedonian Committee (S.M.C from Sofia) in the internal affairs of VMRO. With an apparent tendency to make the Central Committee of the MRO an obedient instrument of attaining its goals.

The arrogant ultimatums in the letter from the Supreme Committee to MRO’s Central Committee dated 20 March 1896 bear witness to this:

“1. The S.M.C is the only one which can make decisions on the undertaking of any actions in Macedonia; it is to be considered as the sole competent in determining the date of the uprising;

2. The decisions of the S.M.C will be carried out by the C.R.M.C (Central Revolutionary Macedonian Committee) and if the latter finds it difficult to carry out the decisions, it will inform the S.M.C and cite the reasons for it, and if, after studying and examining the cited reasons, the S.M.C . Sticks to its decisions, then the C.R.M.C. is unconditionally obliged to carry them out;

3. Without the knowledge and approval of the S.M.C the C.R.M.C. cannot enter into an agreement either with individuals or with officials and institutions, or with any government; the C.R.M.C. is not allowed to get financial help, arms or to take advice”.
            Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• Carlin
              • Dec 2011

Any books/sources available online in Macedonian on this subject matter?

Comment

• VMRO
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Carlin15 View Post
                Any books/sources available online in Macedonian on this subject matter?
                All my sources are pretty much from books i have.

I have one on the solun congresses which is where i obtained the above information.

If i come across anything online, i will pass it on to you.
                Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

Working...
                X