X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liberator of Makedonija
    • Apr 2014

More Protests?

Should the Macedonians of Melbourne, Australia continue with more protesting? We can never give up on our cause and we can never give up peacefully protesting our rights and for the Federal government to recognize the republic under it's constitutional name. Should Macedonian-Melbournians continue with protesting?
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Welcome to the MTO Liberator of Makedonija.

The key to protests is that they need to be used in combination with other pressure points at the right time. Protests on their own are not very effective because its hard to maintain them and there are always counter protests.

The real key to obtaining Australian recognition for Macedonia is to get Macedonian to end the name negotiations. As long as Macedonia negotiates, its telling the world that Greece has a legitimate concern and that Macedonia is interested in coming to some agreement. In addition, its high treason being committed by the highest officials in government. Once Macedonia ends the negotiations, it will force countries like Australia to make a decision either way.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Hi LoM,
      Welcome.
      You realise the Constitution of Macedonia can easily allow Macedonia to change it's name. As a consequence I prefer not to use the term "constitutional name".

Do you really think Australia is the problem here? Or perhaps the Macedonia itself is the problem.

I think Macedonians in Macedonia should be protesting. They have very valid reasons to do it. They are suffering economically and are not liberated. They are a voiceless majority. And Macedonia still accepts being called FYROM.

I like Macedonians of Melbourne. They are cute with their funny accents. But if you need anything done, look to Adelaide ;-)
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
        • Apr 2014

Hey Risto

I still feel it's our duty as Macedonians to protest regardless of where they reside but you are right in saying the Macedonians of the Republic should be doing more, maybe if there was something to fuel their Nationalism?
        I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
          • Jul 2012

Its been a while since there was a protest here in the CBD of Sydney. Overdue in my opinion. They are good for bringing the community together and showing that we Macedonians are still thriving here in Australia. I enjoyed watching the videos from the Melbourne protest last year to commemorate 100 Years of the Treaty of Bucharest.

End of the day its the Macedonians in Macedonia that have to protest the most. I dont know the last time there was a large scale protest in Skopje. I think us protesting here in Australia can only be positive in regard to maybe trying to influence them ( Macedonians in the Republic ) to protest and voice their opinion on issues such as the Albanization in Macedonia and the Name negotiations.

Looking at some of their comments about the Melbourne protest last year, many were impressed with the Macedonian Australians and were outraged that there was no protest or commemoration in Macedonia.
          Last edited by Momce Makedonce; 05-02-2014, 02:33 AM.
          "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• vicsinad
            • May 2011

I think Vangelovski makes a good point -- timing is important. From what I've seen, Australian Macedonian protests tend to be pretty impressive. It's better to have a few good rallies than numerous protests. I went to a protest here in Washington, DC in 2001 and it was poorly organized -- 100+ degree weather and no one thought to bring water containers or bottles. And then there were mixed messages: "NATO go home!" and "USA,we need your support." I'd say if you can get quality, organized protests that have a clear message, it may be beneficial. But as Risto said, with regards to the name, it's really not up to us. But sometimes they are good PR, especially if you can get positive press reporting out of it.

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

have your bases covered.Have a back up plan if something else happens.For good ness sakes don't attack other people & get arrested in the heat of the ,ooment.Support each other.& tom & RTG is right about it.
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
              X