Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pelister
    • Sep 2008

I think this is also relevent here, just to add some interesting texture and hsitorical and political context to the U.S immigration records:

Brown (1996) has discovered U.S Immigration Service records that attest to the fact that between 1900 and 1906 immigrants arriving from Macedonia, then still under Ottoman Turkey, called themselves Macedonians and their language Macedonian. It was only at the intervention of American "experts" that the classification of Macedonian was eliminated from the immigration documents, and self declared Macedonians were recorded as Bulgars, Serbs or Greeks.
    Source: Victor A. Friedman, "The Modern Macedonian Standard Language and Its Relation to Modern Macedonian Identity" in Victor Roudometof (ed.) Macedonian Question: Culture, Historiography, Politics, New York, 2000, p.189

Comment

• United MKD
      • Jul 2011

Macedonians going to America in the early 1900's!

Comment

• United MKD
        • Jul 2011

There are also the original copies of the passengers from the US immigration with info such as their height, hair colour etc however the writing is too messy to be understood.

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

United MKD do you know that the daskale is after documents like these he is collating on another thread maybe you can repost them there.They seem to be real & prove macedonian existence around 1900.Here's the link.The more the better.
          I have a little challenge for all our members, can we find 100 new documents mentioning us Macedonians that thus far have not been published on the MTO? The documents need to relate to Macedonian matters, ie to Macedonia, Macedonian and Macedonians. And remember it must have a source reference. It can be newspaper articles,
          Last edited by George S.; 08-26-2011, 06:39 AM. Reason: ed
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• slovenec zrinski
            • Sep 2008

I think this subject was up years ago on Maknews forum (but nice to see it brought to light again no doubt)
            I think Victor Friedman wrote some scientific paper on it?

Comment

• United MKD
              • Jul 2011

Sorry, yeah the threads can be merged I didn't realise. My friend a few weeks ago found his great grandfather had travelled to Ellis Island so I did some searches and found some Macedonians who identified themselves as Macedonians as well as legit immigration papers from these dates, therefore these people right here are our proof about the existence of Macedonians long before Tito. I found it very fascinating and exciting seeing raw information such as this.

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

remember the greeks say that tito created the macedonians in 1944 they were bulgarian according to the greeks.I don't know if people are aware that tito might have had a time machine & went back in the 1900 & created macedonians.Im sure True Macedonian wrote a lot about Tito's time travels.All fascinating stuff.I'm sure you have all read them on maknews & at the mto Tito's time Machine.
                To anyone reading this thread & others dealing with evidence about the existence of macedonians please bring it out the more the better.Thanks for bringing it out united MKD.
                THis stuff could be developed into a reference material on the MTO website which would be invaluable material in the proof of who we are & our existence in the past.
                Last edited by George S.; 08-26-2011, 02:14 PM. Reason: ed
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

All of the information on this thread is fantastic and undeniable proof of Macedonian existence. Thanks to all who have contributed and please continue to build upon it as you discover more sources.
                  In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                    • Jan 2009

This was a great topic. Very informative and confirms that the identity of the Macedonians was indeed well affirmed before Tito. I found a document which I will be posting some pages of in due time. The research of Daskalot and Bratot in this topic along with the collective research from this seperate but similar topic - http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...ead.php?t=1372
                    have been a thorn in the eye of Macedonia's and the Macedonian's enemies!
                    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

It would be intersting to see how many left to retire in macedonia.Also how many would have bought their families over as ameica was a land of opportunity.
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Here is something interesting. I am sure you're all familiar with the comedian Jerry Seinfeld. His family has a mixed Jewish background, his mother being from Syria. When her family came to the U.S they recorded their nationality as 'Turkish' - no doubt due to Syria belonging to the Ottoman Empire at the time. Just an example of how easily the picture can become blurred by some people with an agenda.

A look at some of the documents — passenger lists, census records and other papers — that tell the story of one family’s arrival in America.

Both of her parents passed through Ellis Island as well. The records show that Selim Hosni, a 26-year-old carpenter, arrived in 1909 aboard the S.S. Hudson and was joined the following year by his wife, Salha, and their infant daughter, Orizia, passengers on the Floride.

The family had been living in Aleppo, Syria, before the move but described their nationality as Turkish.

“Oh really?” Mr. Seinfeld said. “I never knew that. I thought they were Syrian. They were definitely Jewish. I can guarantee you that.”
                        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Daskalot
                          • Sep 2008

Are Selim and Salha Jewish names? They do not sound Jewish to me, but I could be wrong.
                          Does anyone know?
                          Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Onur
                            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                            Are Selim and Salha Jewish names? They do not sound Jewish to me, but I could be wrong.
                            Does anyone know?
                            Salha is purely Arabic name but it`s possible that a Jew in middle-east have a name like this.

Selim is Arabic originated too but probably there are more Selim in Turkey than any Arabic state. Selim is not that popular among Arabs but it was highly popular among Turkish people a century ago due to few sultan Selim-s in the Ottoman past. Nowadays, it`s not that popular anymore.

I started to think if Jerry Seinfeld is a self proclaimed Jew or not??? I heard that there are self-proclaimed fake Jews in US because it`s easier to become a Jew in there while it`s kinda impossible in middle-east. Also "Salha-Selim" doesn't sound that Jewish at all !!!
                            Last edited by Onur; 10-11-2011, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• ProMKD
                              • Oct 2011

Seinfeld is definitely a jew, look at him! hahah
                              www.everythingmacedonia.com
                              Support tourism to Macedonia!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

Of course he is Jewish and that is the heritage he claims.

Comment

Working...
                                X