X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • makedonche
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
    Too late Valmir, you cannot bring them back from the Darkside my little jedi friend

The Albanians that have come here are our next generation Arvanites. They have adopted our faith, baptised and named their kids with Greek, names, speak the language and more or less adopted our way of life. Their children are already fully absorbed and by the time they hit 3rd generation its game over. I dont have a problem with Albanians, I used to though. As far as Im concerned they are welcome in Greece as long as they dont cause any problems. Whatever crime rate we had due to their arrival when we opened our borders in the 90's has pretty much been tamed whereas now we even have Albanians joining our ranks with Xrisi Avgi to chase out the foreign elements ( Pakistani's, Kurds ) from our city centers. Pretty rich how things turn out sometimes.
    Voltron
    ...............aahhhhh this is how you make Greeks or become a Greek?
    Not to worry, your president will soon be Albanian....just like your first one.....then you can go on about your racial pureness and continuity of 4,000 years for another 4,000 years.....but it won't change the truth.
    On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Brian
      Banned
      • Oct 2011

A neat quick summery of of how Greece got into debt. 03:00 -08:30 but the rest of it is also interesting.

Last edited by Brian; 02-15-2012, 11:06 PM.

Comment

• Phoenix
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Brian View Post
        A neat quick summery of of how Greece got into debt. 03:00 -08:30 but the rest of it is also interesting.
        Ozimak, before you start pointing the finger at 'the banks' or some conspiracy deal involving Goldman Sachs and their executives buying up greek islands, spare a thought for the years of massive arms purchases made by our plate smashing buddies, extravagances like hosting a modern olympiad, a non existant taxation system and endemic corruption.

Comment

• Big Chukalo
          • Sep 2011

Seeking Refuge From Austerity?

From Metro News Calgary

Greek Canadians in Calgary say calls from friends and family members living in their debt-ridden homeland are becoming more desperate, with many exploring immigration.

John Yannitsos, president of the Hellenic Society of Calgary, said they’ve noticed an influx of people immigrating to Canada.

For months, he said, the society has been fielding calls inquiring about immigration to Calgary.

“A while ago, it was in the dozens (of calls). Now we’re approaching a hundred-plus inquiries, and that’s just in Calgary.”

Fellow member of the society, Chris Chrisohou, said he has several cousins living in Athens and many of them are considering leaving.

“It’s tough on all of them,” he said.

Yannitsos said he’s disheartened to see so many people considering leaving Greece because it could hinder progress in the country.

“You can understand peoples’ frustrations…. How do you tell the youth of the country not to seek better opportunities elsewhere?” he said. “We’re concerned that they’re going to lose a generation.”

Yannitsos said when they receive inquiries they are directing people to the Canadian Embassy in Italy, which also represents Greece.

“The calls are getting more frequent and the desperation in their voices is becoming much more clear.”

Comment

• Brian
            Banned
            • Oct 2011

“We’re concerned that they’re going to lose a generation.”

Now if they could loose 3 or 4 generations at once there would be no Greek problem.

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Brian View Post
              “We’re concerned that they’re going to lose a generation.”

Now if they could loose 3 or 4 generations at once there would be no Greek problem.
              It won't work, they'll just baptize more pure greeks.

Comment

• Phoenix
                • Dec 2008

I can't help but feel that there's an element of that bitch karma in the deathly spiral of the modern 'greek' state.

Recently that fat 'greek' fuck Venizelos was bitching that..."''We are constantly being given new terms and conditions.''

Those 'greek' motherfuckers have been creating "new terms and conditions" for Macedonia for the last two decades.

I believe the Hindu's described this process best...
                "God is very fair and gives you exactly what you deserve"

Comment

• Valmir
                  Banned
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                  valmir can you name me any other minority enjoying the same rights of albanians.Also show me where the albanians give two hoots about macedonia.THe abanians have never had it so good these are sentiments echoed by your president from albania to your politicians.He warned them if the albanians pushed it they would be at odds with the macedonian people.I think a time of breaking point will come when the ordinary citizen can take so muchWhat sort of commitment do we have from the albanians??
                  Its true that we have more rights because we faught for them, in the war of 2001 Albanians were fighting while other minorities were sleeping,and Albanians in Macedonia do not feel like foreigners but like the land owners.

Comment

• Phoenix
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Valmir View Post
                    Its true that we have more rights because we faught for them, in the war of 2001 Albanians were fighting while other minorities were sleeping,and Albanians in Macedonia do not feel like foreigners but like the land owners.
                    I think that Hindu interpretation of karma also applies strongly to the shiptari in Macedonia...

"God is very fair and gives you exactly what you deserve"

You just haven't received it yet...

Comment

• Voltron
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                      Those 'greek' motherfuckers have been creating "new terms and conditions" for Macedonia for the last two decades.
                      Not really, actually its you that has deviated from what was supposed to be agreed upon regarding a mutual acceptable solution.

Comment

• Phoenix
                        • Dec 2008

Not really, actually its you that has deviated from what was supposed to be agreed upon regarding a mutual acceptable solution.
                        I wonder if you really believe that...?

I wonder how 'Macedonian' you've felt throughout your life...?

Comment

• Voltron
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2011

It doesnt matter how I feel. For starters your government can officially declare no minorities in neighboring countries. Then the rest can fall in place.

Comment

• Valmir
                            Banned
                            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                            You just haven't received it yet...
                            True, its in process

Comment

• Daskalot
                              • Sep 2008

It doesnt matter how I feel. For starters your government can officially declare no minorities in neighboring countries. Then the rest can fall in place.
                              Why should we do that? That is not how it is in the Balkans, minorities are everywhere, and even in Greece. You annexed the southern part of Macedonia in 1913 and now 100 years later there is supposed to be no Macedonian minority in Greece? How come?
                              Could you please explain why the Macedonian minority has been noted in Greece by Greeks themselves and by foreigners for the last 100 years?
                              Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Voltron
                                Banned
                                • Jan 2011

Daskalot, you cant go around pissing in someone else's backyard.
                                It may be the Balkans but we have soverign nations in the balkans and they should be respected. This is not 1913, this is 2012 the war is long over and some realities just have to be respected. Nobody in Greece is asking for these rights, its usually foreigners from other countries that ask on their behalf and their motives are always less than sincere.
                                Its one thing recognizing Macedonians exist its another recognizing a minority under a collective status. Each individual is guaranteed basic freedoms as an individual, not because they belong to a special group. What I suggested is that if tommorrow the name dispute and identity can be resolved with an official claim that they dont acknowledge a minority in a neighboring country dont you think that would be a good thing ? Im not saying that would work, but just suggested it may be a good start.

Comment

Working...
                                X