X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cultea
    Banned
    • Jul 2011

The common view in Greece is described here: (though it shouldn't be credited specifically to Floudas)

At the same time, Demetrius Floudas, Senior Associate at Hughes Hall, Cambridge, and one of the leading analysts of the Macedonia naming dispute, claimed that:

“ what prompted the adoption of the Vergina Star was a desire from Skopje's part to advance maximalist objectives in order to barter with them for other concessions at the negotiating table when the time comes ”

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Wow, a Greek making yet another ridiculous statement about the reason for the flag selection. How credible.

How common is this view cultea? Are you suggesting it is a common view that Macedonia selected their original flag because there were other issues to negotiate? Like what cultea?
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Stupid view propagated by somebody who harbours stupid views.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Phoenix
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by cultea View Post
          The common view in Greece is described here: (though it shouldn't be credited specifically to Floudas)

At the same time, Demetrius Floudas, Senior Associate at Hughes Hall, Cambridge, and one of the leading analysts of the Macedonia naming dispute, claimed that:

“ what prompted the adoption of the Vergina Star was a desire from Skopje's part to advance maximalist objectives in order to barter with them for other concessions at the negotiating table when the time comes ”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vergina_Sun
          ...that rat cunning really reaped rewards for Macedonia...imagine if the Macedonian's had the balls to name that warrior bloke on a horse as something crazy like AtG, imagine the barter potential of that move...

With so many things named after Alexander and Phillip today our bartering potential is enormous...

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
            • Nov 2009

Did you know that Soros told Gligorov that the sonce and the lion are not acceptable symbols for Macedonia in the time of the embargo with Greece.
            Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Nice layout of the coat of arms from the Macedonian village of Sopotnica, looks similar to that of the MTO

And great to see that the Macedonian sun features in it rather than the ventilator. There are a number of other Macedonian municipalities that have coat of arms which also feature the Macedonian sun, or parts of it.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

perhaps the grreks should stop making up crap ideas about us adopting the vergina star.It was ours in the first place.When did the greeks use the star of vergina prior tpo 1988 never it's only to counteract macedonia.The greeks think that the symbol only appears in vergina where it was found .Well i got news for them it's all over macedonia.Whyshouldn't it be its macedonian.Their claim of exclusivity has never been why because it was a macedonian symbol only.Macedonia never chose it for bargaINING PURPOSES.That is why we are genuinely going back to our original symbol.
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Magistra
                  • Jul 2011

Kutlesh Flag

I wanted to start a new post, but couldn't find the option button, so I'll ask my question here. I've been given two different answers by many Macedonian friends of mine when I ask: "Which flag is the ancient flag that genuinely represents the Macedonian diaspora - the Kutlesh/Vergina Sun or the modern flag with the 8 rays?" I have always believed for many, many years that the modern flag is a compromised flag, and the *true* flag is the sixteen-ray sun flag. Am I wrong? Some answers I get confuse me more. Some say the modern flag is the most ancient, the paleolithic symbol discovered underground, and others tell me it's the Kutlesh sun. I have both flags, but want to know the genuine representative flag.

Comment

• DraganOfStip
                    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Magistra View Post
                    I wanted to start a new post, but couldn't find the option button, so I'll ask my question here. I've been given two different answers by many Macedonian friends of mine when I ask: "Which flag is the ancient flag that genuinely represents the Macedonian diaspora - the Kutlesh/Vergina Sun or the modern flag with the 8 rays?" I have always believed for many, many years that the modern flag is a compromised flag, and the *true* flag is the sixteen-ray sun flag. Am I wrong? Some answers I get confuse me more. Some say the modern flag is the most ancient, the paleolithic symbol discovered underground, and others tell me it's the Kutlesh sun. I have both flags, but want to know the genuine representative flag.
                    Magistra,the Kutlesh Sun is the ORIGINAL flag of Macedonia.It's a symbol used by the Ancient Macedonians that inhabited our lands some 3000 years ago.Our current flag came to use after the Greek embargo and pressure,every true Macedonian despises it and only see Macedonia's defeat in it.Who told you it was the "most ancient, the paleolithic symbol discovered underground"?Can this person provide any sources about it?As far as I know,the 8-ray sun has never appeared in Macedonian history (if otherwise can someone enlighten me?).
                    ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
                    ― George Orwell

Comment

• DedoAleko
                      • Jun 2009

They talk how the Kutlesh flag was chosen starting 9:30 min

VO CENTAR 13 - Makedeonija vo racete na sluzbite.mp4 - YouTube

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Magistra View Post
                        The story that the ventilator is some sort of ancient symbol is nothing more than propaganda attempting to justify the Government's capitulation to Greece. Noone has ever been able to provide any evidence to support this claim.
                        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

the ventilator is nothing than a symbol of capitulation.I'm surprised the japs don't kick up a stink about it.The symbol of the ventilator is not really ancient.Also the ploy to use fyrom to enter nato or eu whils't at the same calling itself ROM will meet at a dead end.
                          The ventilator has nothing to do with the star of kutlesh.THe kutlesh star is the macedonian symbol exclusily for the macedonians It also represents the 16 ray sun the rays individually mean all the tribes of macedonia.
                          Last edited by George S.; 07-11-2012, 01:55 AM. Reason: ed
                          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• TojSum
                            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by DraganOfStip View Post
                            Magistra,the Kutlesh Sun is the ORIGINAL flag of Macedonia.It's a symbol used by the Ancient Macedonians that inhabited our lands some 3000 years ago.Our current flag came to use after the Greek embargo and pressure,every true Macedonian despises it and only see Macedonia's defeat in it.Who told you it was the "most ancient, the paleolithic symbol discovered underground"?Can this person provide any sources about it?As far as I know,the 8-ray sun has never appeared in Macedonian history (if otherwise can someone enlighten me?).

Dragan, Magistra, Vangelovski and George, Kutlesh Sun is not only Macedonian flag it is a Macedonian simbol, you can puth that simbol on the flag ,on the shield, on the coin, on the wall picture etc.. The thing is that this sun sumbol is not only with 16 rays,there is archaeological findings from the same simbol with 8 and 12 rays. Couple of pictures with this findings:

First two pictures are die tools which are kept in the National museum in Cairo and thay are from the Macedonian era in Egipt

This next pictures are Macedonian coins with 8-ray sun:

Next Picture is Macedonian eight rays sun at The Macedonian Tomb of Lyson and Kallikles at Leucadia. The tomb is dated to ca. 200 B.C. discovered in 1942 at Leucadia Emathias.
                            The sun is almost identical to the one in the Church in Razlovci:

There is some speculation even about use of this simbol even in paleolitic ages from the people who lived on Macedonian soil. This is finding from the village of Govrlevo R.Macedonia and its dated 6000 B.C:

If you guys asking me i prefer first 16 ray Macedonian flag.
                            Last edited by TojSum; 07-11-2012, 03:03 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

There are many Macedonian symbols. In my mind the lion is much more symbolic. But the 16ray sun symbol was the one that was embraced by free Macedonians for their flag. The Greeks forced the Macedonians to give it up. Any new flag is simply a symbol of capitulation.
                              Risto the Great
                              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• TojSum
                                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                                There are many Macedonian symbols. In my mind the lion is much more symbolic. But the 16ray sun symbol was the one that was embraced by free Macedonians for their flag. The Greeks forced the Macedonians to give it up. Any new flag is simply a symbol of capitulation.
                                I agree with you. I think that Lion is prefect for our national coat of arms. It's true that the 16ray sun symbol was the one that was embraced by free Macedonians for their flag and from one side 8 ray flag it's some kind of a symbol of capitulation but from the other side is a symbol of greek stupidity and uneducation and no mather how hard they try to remove us (Macedonians) from the world map thay will never managed to do that. I think that greeks still are not aware what does this flag mean, even if they are, now it's to late. I hope we can manage to back 16 ray flag very soon beacuse i dont see very much difference between 8 ray and 16 ray Macedonian simbol.

Comment

Working...
                                X