View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 10:27 AM   #35
Soldier of Macedon

Soldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond repute

This is a good thread, and absolutely worth another read.

I of Macedon, do you have a link for the below quotes, or at least a reference so I can know in which texts to look for them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by I of Macedon View Post
“Mother Macedonia is very weakened. After she gave birth to the great Alexander, after she bore Saints Cyril and Methodius, since those labours mother Macedonia lays on her bed terribly exhausted. But a mother that bore such sons, in the future will bear others like them…She will produce many other Cyrils and Methodiuses, who will be the beacons of light of our schools and pillars of our faith and will restore the fame of the Macedonian name!”

Gligor Prlichev, Macedonian Poet, intellectual and activist, 1885

“Consider, dear children, the great Tsar Alexander, whom we venerate until the present day!”

Marko Tsepenkov, Folklore compiler, 1899

“There at Pindus and Shar, at Struma and Vardar where everything is covered by deep wounds, noble descendants of the Great Alexander, are fighting heroically against centuries long tyranny.”

Peter Zagorov, Poet, 1903