Sclavonic is spoken in Macedon, Greek is a dead tongue, 1630!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

Sclavonic is spoken in Macedon, Greek is a dead tongue, 1630!

Title page.

Page 373.

Page 374.

Source: “Epistolae Ho-Elianae:Familiar letters” by James Howell, 10th edition, 1737.

As you readers can see for yourself, James Howell was an eyewitness to the state of things in 1630, he correctly notes that Sclavonic(Slavic) is spoken in all of Macedon(Macedonia) and that the Greek is an almost dead language of his time, only spoken in a few places and very degenerate at that, it is as if the "nation of the Greeks" does not exist, they are nowhere to be found. They are more Barbarian then the Barbarians themselves.

So why do our modern Greeks claim that we Macedonians never existed and that Macedonia has a 4000 year old "Greek" history, you must be an imbecile to even consider such a Propagandistic view of history.

History has spoken.
    Macedonian Truth Organisation
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

This is a wonderful piece of information.
    Thank you Daskale.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• makedonin
      • Sep 2008

You kill'em man.

Auch

Few degenerated Greeks to Hellenize whole Greece?

Damn Philhellenes of Bavaria
      To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Daskalot
        • Sep 2008

Thank you..... remember the Truth is out there.....

There will be more...... stay tuned!

Comment

• Svoliani
          Banned
          • Sep 2008

So , the Sclavonic has abolished her in Epirus and Macedon ???
          So what he is saying is that GREEK was spoken in those places before that. More proof of a Slavic invasion/migration. I mean who else would change the toponyms of the area and litter them with slavic , then those good old Slavs. Good find Uchitel , there is more to come? i wonder if you find out what did happen to the native population, did these Slavs slaughter them, push them further south, let us know what happened.

Comment

• Daskalot
            • Sep 2008

You must have missed the second part, he clearly tells you what happened to the "Greeks", they are a degenerate and more Barbaric people then the Barbarians themselves, so lets get down to business, if Macedonia and Epirus was Slavic speaking in 1630 how does Macedonia get to be Greek and at that for 4000 years...... give me your best shot Russospore.

Comment

• Svoliani
              Banned
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
              You must have missed the second part, he clearly tells you what happened to the "Greeks", they are a degenerate and more Barbaric people then the Barbarians themselves, so lets get down to business, if Macedonia and Epirus was Slavic speaking in 1630 how does Macedonia get to be Greek and at that for 4000 years...... give me your best shot Russospore.
              Oh yeah i must have missed , its hard to read an article where F's are used instead of S's and there are words like 'hath'
              what does ' all courage and bravery of mind to recover thier ancient freedom and honor' mean
              You posted an article that says Greek was spoken in Macedonia and it still was spoken even before the pop exchange in the southern parts of Macedonia. Again good find.

'The Turkish has ousted her from most parts of Anatolia'
              ' The Arabian hath extinguished her from Syria, Egypt, Palestine'
              Didnt your hero Alexander the Great pass through all these places?
              Turkish and Arabian should be extinguishing Sclavonic , not Greek in those places !!!!

And dont call me a Russian seed again sir, there is nothing Russian or Slavic on me, i just happen to speak the language because knowledge is power hide it well. When i was a child my grandmother didnt tell me stories of Baba Yaga or Baba Roga to try and scare me. Thats Slavic culture , your culture not mine.

Comment

• Daskalot
                • Sep 2008

So you read it, and you understood that in 1630 Greek was not spoken in Macedonia. The Macedonians spoke Slavic at the time, please tell me where your YaYa Athina fits into that picture...... are you a Prosfiga from Odessa?

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Svoliani View Post
                  So , the Sclavonic has abolished her in Epirus and Macedon ???
                  So what he is saying is that GREEK was spoken in those places before that. More proof of a Slavic invasion/migration. I mean who else would change the toponyms of the area and litter them with slavic , then those good old Slavs. Good find Uchitel , there is more to come? i wonder if you find out what did happen to the native population, did these Slavs slaughter them, push them further south, let us know what happened.
                  I am not sure he is saying he has proof about the myth of Greeks in Macedonia other than what other dreamers had previously told him. But he certainly told it like it was in the 1600's.

I suspect if someone went there 600 years earlier, the same thing would have transpired. But we would not understand the English they would have used to describe it.

But don't worry ... look how fast people can become pure Greeks again. Where were your people from again?
                  Risto the Great

Comment

• Daskalot
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                    But don't worry ... look how fast people can become pure Greeks again. Where were your people from again?
                    I am wondering the same thing, Macedonians were Slavic-speakers in 1630, we today are also Slavic-speakers, then we have Sviolani here who is a Greek from Kastoria(or am I wrong), he just does not fit into the picture......

Comment

• Svoliani
                      Banned
                      • Sep 2008

So you read it, and you understood that in 1630 Greek was not spoken in Macedonia. The Macedonians spoke Slavic at the time, please tell me where your YaYa Athina fits into that picture...... are you a Prosfiga from Odessa?
                      I read it , its very clear , Greek was spoken and apparently extinguished. Now we need to find out what happened to this native population, i have the feeling they were pushed south.
                      Not from Odessa , not yaya Athina but close, my great grandmother Despina, a native to Macedonia from the Voiou Region (called Gorusha or Voynova planina in Slavic) spoke only Greek , with a northern greek accent and dialect but only Greek. Trust me , if her name was Gordanka or Snezana and told me stories of Baby Yaga and Hitar Petar i wouldnt be arguing with you now

Comment

• Daskalot
                        • Sep 2008

I read it , its very clear , Greek was spoken and apparently extinguished. Now we need to find out what happened to this native population, i have the feeling they were pushed south.
                        Not from Odessa , not yaya Athina but close, my great grandmother Despina, a native to Macedonia from the Voiou Region (called Gorusha or Voynova planina in Slavic) spoke only Greek , with a northern greek accent and dialect but only Greek. Trust me , if her name was Gordanka or Snezana and told me stories of Baby Yaga and Hitar Petar i wouldnt be arguing with you now

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voio
                        So you want to keep playing in la-la-land.... ok, so when were they pushed out, and when did they come back? just for a few laughs... hit me!

It is very classy to use wikipedia as a source.... pure gold.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

I read it , its very clear , Greek was spoken and apparently extinguished.
                          It was clear about what was being spoken in the 1600's.
                          We cannot say anything further about what happened before that time.
                          Don't worry ... maybe yaya Despina lived for 300 years and everything became Greek there a few minutes after this author left the region.

Northern Greek accent .... Gold!
                          Ionic was it?
                          Or just plain Ironic?

What about the rest of your people ... Northern Turkey? Russia?
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• Philosopher
                            • Sep 2008

Our Socrates in resident fails to see the big picture...

The fact that Macedonians spoken Sclavonic in 1630 is "proof" that slavic speaking Macedonians predate the nineteenth century. This alone disproves the theory that the Slavic Macedonian consceince commenced in the nineteenth century.

And Orbini tells us that the ancient Macedonians spoke Slavic--this fact is supported by the evidence that the slavic language had its origins in the south and migrated to the north.

Comment

• Svoliani
                              Banned
                              • Sep 2008

So you want to keep playing in la-la-land.... ok, so when were they pushed out, and when did they come back? just for a few laughs... hit me!

It is very classy to use wikipedia as a source.... pure gold.
                              La la land eh , arent you the same guy who admitted and aknowledged that Greeks live in the southern parts of Macedonia, you want me to find the post? arent you the same guy who thought i was a vahalades, thats good laughs uchitel , if i was a vahalade i should be living in Turkey and a Muslim. Speaking of Vahalades , did they speak Sclavonic? They were from the Haliakmona valley, oh wait i mean the Bistritza, hey uchitel why this river has two names ?

I used wiki to give you a little info on the Voiou region i mean oops Gorusha Vojvona planina, whats with the double names again. who changed all these toponyms? Whats a Gorusha anyway?

As for getting pushed out and coming back, go read about the History of Visheni and how they have apparent origins from Epirus, people moved around , except you of course , you have been in the same place since Alexandars days.

As for Sclavonic being spoken in Macedonia in the 1600's , what a miracoulus find, its still spoken today around Florina/Edessa. But in Epirus it seems to be extinct.

What is the bottom line here? "Macedonia is Slavic" instead of "Macedonia is Greek"
                              Last edited by Svoliani; 11-20-2008, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X