X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

UMD, a reply would be excellent.
    Failure to reply sensibly will ensure a different treatment on this forum from now on.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Prolet
      • Sep 2009

Osiris, I can support you in that line, this is why me and phoenix asked the UMD for their list of achievements for 2009 if you recall. The one thing that we need to understand is that results dont come overnight, im not expecting miracles here however since the UMD is a 5 year organization i do expect them to get the basics right. Look at MPO they are a 90 + year organization and look at where they are headed, the last thing we want is the UMD to follow in their footsteps.

I think the UMD should take a leaf out of the MTO and define their version of the Macedonian Cause, i think this is the very first step they need to be taking to ensure the people gain their trust and support, they have defined what they stand for however some of their press releases havnt exactly pleased alot of people.

Risto, You were once a UMD member and not only that you encouraged others to support this organization, how will the UMD regain your trust?
      МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Prolet, you offer them some solid advice which they should really consider.
        As far as gaining trust, it would be impossible whilst they remain cryptic in their responses. They are purposefully vague in their responses. They either do it not to offend anyone or for reasons more sinister. Either way, they would have to completely re-assess their purpose for existence. I am so disappointed that we do not have a worldwide organisation that aggressively pursues the Macedonian Cause.
        Risto the Great

Comment

• Prolet
          • Sep 2009

Risto, I agree with that, its not about offending somebody some people get offended if you say hello to them its about the national interests and the Macedonian Cause. If Ethnic Bulgarians and Greeks are offended by our cause then we shouldnt be taking a backwards step just to please them, look at the Pan Macedonian Network thats gone out of its way to attack us never mind offend us, if it were up to them they'd want to destroy us so i think the UMD should use a Pro Macedonian Approach and i dont mean that by swearing in their statements they should be using fierce language to get their point across especially when we are attacked by other organizations and even Governments as has the Greek,Bulgarian and Kosovo Self Appointed Government has done so recently.
          МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• osiris
            • Sep 2008

so prolet things like

koi be ako te fatam boi ke yadish

is that tough enough mate.

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

Is UMD still considering its position on this? Is it that hard for UMD to speak out against the Interim Accord and the Framework Agreement?
              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Merged UMD announcements

Dear forum participants.
                I have merged all threads created by UMDiaspora.org.

After repeated attempts to have them provide a position on the EU Parliament Resolution, their notable silence ensures we can only assume they are in complete agreement with the EU Parliament. It should be noted that I was told to draft a response myself because some of the UMD executives were clearly too busy to do everything. Having drafted a response with not even a whimper from them, I am left utterly disgusted

They have decided they do not want dialogue. But simply to use this forum as a means to promote themselves. I have given them one thread with which to do this from now on.

I urge all Macedonians (especially UMD members) to request a public opinion from the UMD on the EU Parliament Resolution. Perhaps someone can remind them of their mission as follows and how it is being fulfilled by ignoring such racist innuendo perpetrated against Macedonians at the highest level in the EU :
                Objectives

* Safeguard the rights of Macedonians around the world
                * Strengthen the unity among the Macedonian Diaspora
                * Act with and on behalf of Macedonian communities before governmental and international bodies
                * Cooperate with the world community, promoting the universal ideas of peace, freedom, self-determination, and equality

Policy Issues

* Advance Macedonian interests through educational advocacy, charitable efforts, and social and cultural events
                * Support the Republic of Macedonia's constitutional and rightful name
                * Defend the Macedonian ethnic identity
                * Support the human rights of Macedonians in Albania, Bulgaria, Greece, Kosovo, and Serbia
                * Improve relations among Macedonia and the United States, Canada, Australia, European Union, Russia, among others, and support accession into NATO and the EU
                Risto the Great

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

This was a necessary outcome, and a foregone conclusion based on the UMD's lacking responses.
                  In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Nah, they're too busy making "applauds".
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                      • Oct 2009

Air Canada - Official Airline for UMD Global Conference

Washington, D.C. and Toronto - March 22, 2010 - The United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) has selected Air Canada as the official airline for the 2nd UMD Global Conference (UMD GC2010) in Toronto on June 3-5, 2010. “We are extremely pleased that we will be able to provide our Global Conference participants the dedicated discounted service of Air Canada,” said Vera Zlidar, UMD Global Conference Planning Committee.

Through this partnership, UMD Global Conference participants can obtain discounts on airfares when flying on Air Canada, a Star Alliance partner. Air Canada code share flights operated by Star Alliance members are also eligible for these discounts. Furthermore, flights are eligible for accumulating frequent flier miles with Aeroplan, United Airlines’ Mileage Plus, or any other Star Alliance member airline frequent flier program.

“Air Canada is an excellent fit for the UMD GC2010 attendees who will be traveling to Toronto from throughout Canada, Australia, Europe, and the U.S. In addition to serving Toronto Pearson International Airport, they have a wide network of flights all over the world," said Zlidar.

Reservations made on www.aircanada.com to Toronto International Airport (YYZ) for travel between Thursday, May 27, 2010 and Saturday, June 12, 2010 are eligible for this discount. To obtain the special pricing, enter NQ96QE81 in the Promotion Code cell.

To view the program for the conference and to register to attend, click HERE: http://umdiaspora.org/content/view/463/1/

Founded in 2004, United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) is the leading international non-governmental organization addressing the interests and needs of Macedonians and Macedonian communities throughout the world.
                      For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
                      http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
                      Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
                      Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
                      Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Founded in 2004, United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) is the leading international non-governmental organization addressing the interests and needs of Macedonians and Macedonian communities throughout the world.
                        What is: a self-proclaimed "leading" organisation.

Comment

• makedonche
                          • Oct 2008

Quote:
                          "Founded in 2004, United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) is the leading international non-governmental organization addressing the interests and needs of Macedonians and Macedonian communities throughout the world."

I would ask that UMD review this statement and amend it to reflect the truth! Insert after "(UMD) is.....", the words "one of", should be placed directly after the word "is".
                          Furthermore I suggest that the UMD acknowledges the MTO as another leading non-governmental organisation addressing the interests and needs of Macedonians and Macedonian Communities throughout the world!
                          On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Mikail
                            • Sep 2008

UMD are the "new kids on the block" so far as NGO's go. You can't place yourselves ahead of MHRMI & AMHRC.

Meto, can you tell us about the Oro you requested when in Melbourne. You caused quite a scandal requesting a Serbian dance.
                            From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• julie
                              • May 2009

Well said, the MTO drafting up the Macedonian Cause for 2013, I believe this is something that the MTO can put forward to the entire world on the segregation of our beautiful country and people on the 100 year anniiversary of the screwed up disgusting partitioning of Macedonia, and the cultural genocide following on from that.

Am so proud of everyone here for doing this
                              "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• julie
                                • May 2009

This is on facebook, does anyone know about this?

"Washington-based United Macedonian Diaspora president Metodija Koloski flew to Adelaide for a confidential meeting with Multicultural Affairs Minister Michael Atkinson yesterday and delivered a protest letter addressed to Mr Rann.Today at 8:58am"
                                "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

Working...
                                X