X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill77
    • Oct 2009

@ Spartan

First of all I will give credit where itd due. A good game and a good win. Congratulations.

Regarding that record, Greece has not broken it (to become sole holders) but none the less they still hold that terrible record but only diferance is they share it (acording to an aus media outlet).

Why I brought it up is because we have talked about rankings and qualifing before and how Greece are always given an easy path and now history shows they don't deserve it. There are many euro nations that don't qualify but are much better than Greece but the system is flawed when Greece are first or second in pots and are then given teams like Isreal and countries you can't find on a map as major threats in qualification stages.
    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Spartan
      • Sep 2008

how Greece are always given an easy path

Pots and seedings which the qualifying groups aree selected from are determined fairly, and by a system that takes every teams record going back 4 years (i think).....to get an easy group, you have to earn it through winning qualifiers. No team is 'given' anything.
      Teams are not randomly placed in groups as UEFA sees fit, but through a draw.
      Teams are put into 'pots' determined by the teams recent record....they are then drawn into groups where only 1 team per pot can enter to keep it as even and fair as possible.

The system is not flawed (imo), and rewards the teams who win.
      As it should be.

Thank you for the congrats.

Regarding the record, 10 years ago I would have never even dreamed that greece would be in a position to break any WC record....no matter how bad
      Im ok with it.
      Last edited by Spartan; 06-17-2010, 10:10 PM.

Comment

• Prolet
        • Sep 2009

Either way the last 30 minutes of the second half were brilliant to watch, lets not forget that Greece copped a very weak goal so to come back after that was great.

Slovenija-USA is playing today so is England against Algeria, then Serbia-Germany should be a beauty.
        МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• sf.
          • Jan 2010

I am really enjoying the football the Mexicans have brought to this Cup.

"Blanco a la presidencia!"
          Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
            They got their first ever win

2-1

What a turnaround

Nigeria is out of the tournament
            I don't think Nigeria are out of the tournament yet by any means. They definately aren't playing the football needed to proceed to the final 16, but I'd say that despite losing to Greece, Nigeria are still in a better position than the Greeks.
            Lets say that it is probable that Argentina will beat the Greeks, although this match is likely to prove meaningless for the Argentinians. Even if they do play some of their reserves, one would think they would still comfortably win over Greece.

South Korea currently look like the team that will catch 2nd spot in Group B. A win over Nigeria will put them through, and a draw may also be a positive result for the Koreans.
            Lets say that Nigeria win though and Greece lose. That'd put Argentinia on 9 points, and the remaining 3 countries all tied on 3. A win would mean that Greece's goal difference would decrease by 1 or more. They are currently on a -1 goal difference.
            If Nigeria do manage a win by a margin of 1 goal, that will tie the goal difference between Greece and Nigeria as it currently stands. If Greece lose by at least 1 goal, this will put them on -2 goal difference, below Nigeria.

FIFA’s tie-breaking criteria to rank teams in the group stage:

1. Greatest number of points;
            2. Goal difference;
            3. Greatest number of goals;

So saying that this scenario does play out, and it is possible, Nigeria would still unexpectedly finish in 2nd position. At this stage it seems likely that Korea will take the spot, but anything is possible in such a tight group.
            This is provided I have analysed the group properly.

This would leave Nigeria, Korea and Greece all on 3 points.
            Nigeria with a -1 goal difference or better, provided they win.
            Greece with a -2 goal difference or worse, provided they lose.
            Korea with a -2 goal difference or worse, provided they lose.

The way Nigeria are playing at the moment would indicate another loss, especially with such a lack of discipline as seen this morning.

And also just incase it seems like I'm plotting against Greece, I apologize to the likes of Spartan (sorry mate), although I wouldn't exactly say I want the Greeks to win.

Samaras actually reminded me of a big horse lol, must be the long hair and scruffy beard.

Comment

• Phoenix
              • Dec 2008

Germany down to 10 men and 1 goal down...terrible news for Australia.

Comment

• Phoenix
                • Dec 2008

60 min mark, the Kraut misses a penalty...Vidic yellow card...both serbia and germany might have a few players missing for their next games considering the amount of yellow cards being shown in the game so far...

Comment

• Frank
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2010

Prolet a serious question how can you have any kind words for those Greek pigs let alone be supportive of them
                  Last edited by Frank; 06-18-2010, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• Phoenix
                    • Dec 2008

Germany, Spartans World Cup favourite last week is suddenly looking very vulnerable...after watching them against serbia, i reckon they might struggle to get out of the group stage IF australia can knock over ghana tomorrow...

Comment

• Spartan
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
                      I don't think Nigeria are out of the tournament yet by any means. They definately aren't playing the football needed to proceed to the final 16, but I'd say that despite losing to Greece, Nigeria are still in a better position than the Greeks.
                      Lets say that it is probable that Argentina will beat the Greeks, although this match is likely to prove meaningless for the Argentinians. Even if they do play some of their reserves, one would think they would still comfortably win over Greece.

South Korea currently look like the team that will catch 2nd spot in Group B. A win over Nigeria will put them through, and a draw may also be a positive result for the Koreans.
                      Lets say that Nigeria win though and Greece lose. That'd put Argentinia on 9 points, and the remaining 3 countries all tied on 3. A win would mean that Greece's goal difference would decrease by 1 or more. They are currently on a -1 goal difference.
                      If Nigeria do manage a win by a margin of 1 goal, that will tie the goal difference between Greece and Nigeria as it currently stands. If Greece lose by at least 1 goal, this will put them on -2 goal difference, below Nigeria.

FIFA’s tie-breaking criteria to rank teams in the group stage:

1. Greatest number of points;
                      2. Goal difference;
                      3. Greatest number of goals;

So saying that this scenario does play out, and it is possible, Nigeria would still unexpectedly finish in 2nd position. At this stage it seems likely that Korea will take the spot, but anything is possible in such a tight group.
                      This is provided I have analysed the group properly.

This would leave Nigeria, Korea and Greece all on 3 points.
                      Nigeria with a -1 goal difference or better, provided they win.
                      Greece with a -2 goal difference or worse, provided they lose.
                      Korea with a -2 goal difference or worse, provided they lose.

The way Nigeria are playing at the moment would indicate another loss, especially with such a lack of discipline as seen this morning.

And also just incase it seems like I'm plotting against Greece, I apologize to the likes of Spartan (sorry mate), although I wouldn't exactly say I want the Greeks to win.

Samaras actually reminded me of a big horse lol, must be the long hair and scruffy beard.
                      Now apology needed my friend!
                      Good post...cant disagree with any of it.
                      If it comes down to goal differential, the Nigerians definitely has the advantage.
                      Greece is out if they lose to Argentina...the only way they can advance is with a result....highly unlikely.

They sealed their fate by losing to the Koreans.
                      Last edited by Spartan; 06-18-2010, 08:45 AM.

Comment

• Warrior
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                        We are on

2 weeks avatar....winner picks

Germany goes beyond the 16...I win, if they doint...you do

Just no Turkish flags for me, anything else if I lose will be fine

If there is something you refuse to use as well, say it now

I have a great one in store for you my friend
                        I'll b nice if i win, i will let the other guys to help me in the selection of the avatar. You know they are only a draw away from going home....

Comment

• Spartan
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                          Germany, Spartans World Cup favourite last week is suddenly looking very vulnerable...after watching them against serbia, i reckon they might struggle to get out of the group stage IF australia can knock over ghana tomorrow...
                          Im very shocked this morning.
                          Credit to the Serbs, they came away with a huge win today.
                          Thought the ref was card happy...he gave out 12 or somethiong.

Podolski should hang his head in shame for not tieing the game on that penalty (what was Vidic thinking???)....a couple posts by both teams as well. Good game though...definitely will make for an interesting round 3 if the Ozzies win against Ghana...all teams tied with 3 points with 1 game to go....now thats drama!!!

Comment

• Spartan
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Warrior View Post
                            I'll b nice if i win, i will let the other guys to help me in the selection of the avatar. You know they are only a draw away from going home....
                            Im not worried in the least....yet

Comment

• Makedonetz
                              • Apr 2010

Serbs were using their heads alot few close calls i love the still shots of their faces

Anyone hear FIFA wants to ban those horns, man its annoying hearing that low buzzing sound while watching the games.
                              Makedoncite se borat
                              za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
                              - Goce Delchev

Comment

• Prolet
                                • Sep 2009

Spartan, You should listen to me and Phoenix more often, Germany is not that good at all to be honest. Serbia just keep shooting themselves in the foot they could have won 3-0 at least but they could have lost it aswell.

Good to see Joachim Lowe chucking a tantrum he threw the bottle on the ground in anger.

Wow how good is this Slovenian side? Up 1-0 with a wonder strike, the Slovenians are a top side.
                                МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

Working...
                                X