Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

This is not surprising at all. Levin was responsible for S.RES.82 A resolution recognizing the 188th anniversary of the independence of Greece and celebrating Greek and American democracy on 03/23/09. See here for more details - http://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/ ... r&cong=111 and here - http://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/ ... 0&cong=111

Levin is a stooge who sold himself to the devil. Read more about him accpeting awards from the modern "greeks";

Code:
    http://www.greeknewsonline.com/?p=8629

Greek and Cypriot Officials at the 24th PSEKA Conference
    May 19, 2008 by Greek News

Washington, D.C.- Greek Minister of Finance George Alogoskoufis and Cypriot Government Spokesman Stefanos Stefanou will be honored at the banquet of the 24th Annual Cyprus, Hellenic and Orthodox Issues Conference in Washington, D.C., from May 21-23. The conference will also honor AHEPA for its contributions to the progress of the Greek American Community and its struggle for our national issues and promoting Hellenism. ( )

The conference begins on Wednesday morning, with a strategy session at the Willard Hotel. Mr Stefanou will deliver to the delegates an important briefing on the latest developments in Cyprus.

Later in the afternoon the delegates will have the opportunity to be briefed at the State Department by the Assistant Secretary of State for European Affairs Daniel Fried on the US policy regarding Cyprus, Greco-Turkish relations, the Ecumenical Patriarchate and the Macedonian issue.

During the three day conference the more than 100 representatives of leading Greek American organizations will have the opportunity to meet with more than 35 key members of Congress. Among the dignitaries from Greece will be, Nikolaos Tsiartsionis, Chairman, Permanent Inter-Party Parliamentary Committee on Greeks Abroad, Demetri Dollis, Senior Political Advisor for PASOK President George Papandreou and SAEʼs world President Stefanos Tamvakis.

Last year the two leading Democratic Presidential hopefuls, Senator Hillary Clinton and Senator Barack Obama presented their views on the Greek national issues during a special event at the 23rd Conference. This year, the highlight of the Congress will be the promotion of Greek Americans who will run for the U.S. Congress in various states. These are, Jane Mitakides (D-OH), •Dean Scontras (R-ME), Dina Titus (D-NV) and Jim Trakas (R-OH).

This yearʼs “George Livanos Award will be offered to the three Greek American Congressmen who got elected in 2006. Gus Bilirakis (R-FL), John Sarbanes (D-MD) and Zack Space (D-OH)

Finally, the “Frezis Award” will be given to Senateʼs Armed Services Committee Chairman, Senator Carl Levin (D-MI) and the “Paraskevaides Award” to Senateʼs Foreign Relations Committee Chairman, Senator Joe Biden (D-DE).

U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice had invited to be honored at the Conference but she will be traveling outside the United States.
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Dimko-piperkata
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
      Is he also on the Greek paylist?

Damn... look where their economy is now as a result of all these bribery activities.

these damn doom loop´s

there is NO ESCAPE anymore

Rov is completely fucked off
      1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
      2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...

Comment

• Bill77
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
        Don't base your opinion of the U.S. towards Macedonia based on one Senator, from a state with the weakest economy at the moment.

Some good news: 15 members of Congress sent a letter to Hillary Clinton: http://umdiaspora.org/content/view/414/1/
        What do you mean by "Don't base the entire US on Senator Levin"?

Do you include cats and dogs, the birds and the bees when you say entire? i did not mean every one and everything that comes out of that country. Ok i will elaborate on what i thought was clear. When i said "Are we still not convinced how reliable the sluts called USA can be" What i meant was Government. The curent or future politicans in the USA act like sluts. They claim they are loyal to you, but have a tendancy to go in bed with someone else at a drop of a hat. Be it Democrats, or Republicans.

It is clear that when a descision is made in the US, it is never in concrete, and all it will take is a fool to take power in the future and take away whats dear to us as if its some sort of posesion that is replaceable.
        http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• makedonche
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
          http://makfax.com.mk/_home/home#article/97448/view

State Department should reverse the decision to recognize FYROM by its constitutional name to avoid negative impact on the ongoing talks on the name, US senator said in a letter.

Senator Carl Levin, a Democrat of Michigan, wrote a letter to Macedonian community in Michigan in response to thousands of letters from the community there asking him not to support the pro-Greek resolution in the Senate. He urged the State Department to reconsider the 2004 decision to recognize Macedonia by its constitutional name.

"On November 4, 2004, the State Department announced that the FYROM would now be recognized as the Republic of Macedonia. I am concerned that this decision may have a negative impact on negotiations between the FYROM and Greece, which have been working to resolve differences concerning the Republic's name," Senator Levin wrote in his letter.

"In response to the unilateral decision by the State Department, I joined several of my colleagues in writing Secretary of State Colin Powell expressing our concerns about the decision. The letter expressed our support for the negotiations taking place between FYROM and Greece and our view that the State Department should reverse this decision to avoid negatively impacting these talks."

The United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) reacted to the letter. UMD President Metodija Koloski told Makfax news agency that Senator Levin should honor the decision that recognizes Macedonia's constitutional name, and this decision is the position of Democrats' administration.

"The Senator should worry about the problems caused by the economic crisis in Michigan and the high unemployment rate rather than meddling in bilateral disputes," Koloski said.

Democrat Carl Levin is one of the most influential members of the Senate. He was present in Macedonia in 1999 during the Kosovo crisis. Hence, he is deemed to be quite familiar with the situation in the Balkan region and the issues related to Macedonia. /end/ vs
          Perhaps a more stinging response would have recieved more publicity - e.g. "State Department under attack from Internal Racists" - explaining the racist nature of denying a country's right to self determination and the 20 year long struggle to do so!
          On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Do any of you think that there is a possibility for the US to change its policy of Macedonian recognition to appease the racist politicians of Greece?
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
              Perhaps a more stinging response would have recieved more publicity - e.g. "State Department under attack from Internal Racists" - explaining the racist nature of denying a country's right to self determination and the 20 year long struggle to do so!
              I agree completely.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                Do any of you think that there is a possibility for the US to change its policy of Macedonian recognition to appease the racist politicians of Greece?
                Absolutely.
                In a round about way they are already doing this by saying they will accept whatever compromise is reached. This is a reduction of support by any interpretation.
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Buktop
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                  Buktop, I resent Australia for not recognising Macedonia's name. We agree. I cannot even begin to compare that with the USA encouraging ethnic Albanian terrorists to destabilise Macedonia.

I am not sure what will happen if I phrase statements in any particular way in relation to general comments about Americans. I like many South Americans if that helps you.

Many (not all) prostitutes merely make lifestyle choices. They are often frowned upon in society for taking the easy way out. I am sure I should interpret your final comment that Macedonia should indeed prostitute itself because it is not well off and unable to support itself. This is why you give up so easily. ... This is why I say forums can often reveal more about a person than a few meetings ever could. If we met, you would be another chest beating proud Macedonian. But as the words keep flowing here, you are on the bed copping it royally by the stars and stripes so your Macedonian relatives can learn Albanian back home. I bet you don't look like Julia Roberts as well.
                  Like I said, American policy toward Albanians is a remnant from the Yugoslav wars and Kosovo. This was Clinton's policy not America's, since the ending of Clintons 2 term presidency there has been no US interference in Macedonia concerning Albanians.

And you would be wrong in interpreting my statement like that. My comment was to contradict yours about prostitution.

Don't get me started about Albanians, my family come from Struga, and they are more affected than anyone of you. Risto, can you tell me why only 25% of Macedonian citizens voted in the 2004 referendum?

Let me also ask you, like I asked SoM, which country represents the greatest benefit to Macedonia, while causing the least harm?
                  "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
                  though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
                  Our long awaited hour will draw near
                  and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Buktop
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                    Buktop has a real problem with analogies, yesterday he was crapping on about somebody not having a coat and standing outside in the rain...

It seems that when Meto is not channelling himself through Buktop, the ideas of the 'real' man are pretty shallow...
                    It's not my fault that you can't get the picture.

Do you have proof that Meto is "channeling" himself through me? If you have nothing to add don't even bother responding because you are just wasting time and space here.

Comment

• Prolet
                      • Sep 2009

Good question SOM

I dont think they will reverse their decision however we need to push hard with the Congressmen and thats why we need a tough lobby group.

UMD, Why wasnt it acknowledged in the letter that our troops served in Iraq for a good 5 years?? We helped train the Iraqi forces.
                      МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Buktop
                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                        Buktop, take off your UMD cap for a minute and tell me what you think about the UMD press release where the Macedonian Government has decided to increase troop numbers to Afghanistan...do you "APPLAUD" that decision in the same manner as UMD...?
                        I have already answered this 100 times Phoenix, why don't you take your head out of the ground and read what I post, perhaps you wouldn't keep asking the same questions over and over again.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
                          I have already answered this 100 times Phoenix, why don't you take your head out of the ground and read what I post, perhaps you wouldn't keep asking the same questions over and over again.
                          Perhaps you should take your own advice...
                          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• makedonche
                            • Oct 2008

SOM
                            I think it's very possible and quite likely probable given the right circumstances e.g. ROM withdraws from name dispute and commences legal proceedings at UN, as motivation for the ROM to return to the negotiating table U.S. reverts to using FYROM again and promises to build more U.S. infrastructure/finance/economic trade in ROM, if we stay in negotiations and I expect even more promises(Nato & EU) if we agree to a suitable name dispute solution!
                            On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

I would love to read the UMD response for such an outcome. Perhaps, at the risk of beng crucified, I may ask the question, what will the UMD respond with in the case that this takes place?

Comment

• makedonche
                                • Oct 2008

I would love to read the UMD response for such an outcome. Perhaps, at the risk of beng crucified, I may ask the question, what will the UMD respond with in the case that this takes place?
                                SOM
                                If i were running UMD I would lure the likes of Levin into a public debate/forum to substantiate his claim, then proceed to ambush him with the truth and facts and expose him for what he truly is - a mouthpiece for the Greek lobby! simultaneously branding him a racist in public, along with those he speaks for!

Comment

Working...
                                X