Was Basil the Macedonian really Armenian???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

Was Basil the Macedonian really Armenian???

page 56

What is everyones opinion? I know many of you do not like the "slavness" of the text above but Shea does offer some valid points about Basil.
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
  • Philosopher
    • Sep 2008

I have already read this information elsewhere; it is very insightful.

You are right about the Slav matter though; there is no people on the face of this earth called Slavs. If there are Slavs somewhere, anywhere, I would really like someone to show them to me.

Basil could have been of mixed extraction.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

The Macedonian Emperor's of East Rome were of mixed Armenian and local Slavic-speaking Macedonian/Thracian extraction, much the same as Tsar Samuel and his family. The people of the Thracian regions which corresponds to the Macedonian Theme of East Rome were of the same origin, culture and language as the people of Macedonia proper. Often in history, western and southern Thrace in general has held a place of relevance for the Macedonians, the Slavic-speakers were the locals, the Armenians were brought in as colonists and 'good citizens' by the East Romans from Asia Minor.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Delodephius
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Philosopher View Post
        I have already read this information elsewhere; it is very insightful.

You are right about the Slav matter though; there is no people on the face of this earth called Slavs. If there are Slavs somewhere, anywhere, I would really like someone to show them to me.
        Slovaks and Slovenes. I cannot vouch for Slovene, but we Slovaks were not always called Slovaks. In fact, the name Slovak is of Polish origin, not even our own (same as Polak for themselves, from Polan). Before the 16th-17th century we called ourselves Sloveni or Slovieni (depending on dialect), which in most other Slavic languages means simply Slavs. In fact, we had to invent a new word for Slavs to make a distinction between ourselves and the other Slavic speakers, that is why we, and the Slovenes, use Slovania and Slovani, respectively, for the term Slavs.
        However, only the masculine form of Slav in Slovak changed into slovák. All the other forms remained the same: slovenka (Slovak woman), slovenský (Slovak language), Slovensko (Slovakia).
        For comparison, in Old Church Slavonic, the Slavs are called Словѣнє (Slověne), словѣньскъіи (slověnьskyjь).
        अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
        उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
        This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
        But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

• Sarafot
          • Dec 2008

Tomas we had argue abuot this,all of you saied that Slavs Slovani Sloveni commed out of ''SLOVO'' when C and M were spreading their work,but none of you didnt explain how in 6 cent. Macedonian states were called SCLAVINII-SLAVINI??? There was no SLOVO shearing works then!!
          Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
          - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

• Delodephius
            • Sep 2008

Sarafot, first thing, I don't know what you thought I said but I never said Slovaene derived from slovo. Second, you need to improve your English because I don't understand your last sentence at all. Third, why do you think I should even consider you for an opinion about any history or linguistic topic?! You're obviously not qualified even to compose a coherent sentence.

Comment

• Ne Smassen
              • Jan 2009

How about displaying a little more tact Slovak.

Comment

• Delodephius
                • Sep 2008

No reason to.

Comment

• Ne Smassen
                  • Jan 2009

Yeah, actually there is. Do you defend your papers in the same way? by jumping up and down like a spoiled brat and attacking the professors that disagree with you?
                  Last edited by Ne Smassen; 02-23-2009, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• Delodephius
                    • Sep 2008

No, I act nicely to the professor and agree with his views when he/she asks me a question. I do not care if they disagree with me or not on my own views.

Comment

• Delodephius
                      • Sep 2008

One of my life's philosophies is: situation dictates behaviour, mood, personality, stance, etc.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Slovak/Anomaly/Tomas View Post
                        One of my life's philosophies is: situation dictates behaviour, mood, personality, stance, etc.
                        I agree completely.
                        But preparedness is essential and precedes this philosophy.
                        Risto the Great
                        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Daskalot
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                          I agree completely.
                          But preparedness is essential and precedes this philosophy.
                          or....
                          attack is the best defense....
                          Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

How can one attack without weapons?
                            My goodness we are very philosophical today.
                            Risto the Great
                            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Hear the sound of one hand clapping...........oh well, lol
                              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
                              X