X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phoenix
    • Dec 2008

Could he be Macedonian?

Reading an interesting article and stumbled across this...Vassilis Angelopoulos, sounds very much like one of those new Greek names, altered by the neo nazi Greek regime using very little imagination...could this person actually be Macedonian?

• Commander Bond
    • Nov 2008

He just may be. Perhaps we should ask him?

A highly educated person. Good on him.

Education.
    B.S. in Physics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece, June 1, 1986.
    M.S. in Physics, UCLA, June 1, 1988.
    Ph.D. in Physics with specialization in Space Plasma Physics, UCLA, April 1, 1993.

Here is a little extra on him.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Aside from the name, what makes you think he may be Macedonian, Phoenix?
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

I couldn't hep it as i'm interested in finding out.We should get an answer as i've emailed him on his two email addresses & let him know that he can let us know if he's macedonian.
        Last edited by George S.; 05-11-2011, 04:55 AM. Reason: edit
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Phoenix
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
          I'm primarily going by the name SoM, I know nashi that have the 'opoulos' ending in their surname...

I reckon the 100% prosfygi tend to be called more creative names like Archimedes, Aristotle and my personal prosfyga favourite, Neophytos...whilst Vassilis is a little closer to 'home' if you know what I mean...

Educated at the University of Thessaloniki could suggest a native of Aegean Macedonia.

I understand its not cutting edge detective work by any means...

Comment

• fyrOM
            Banned
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
            To borrow SoM's question and add to it - Why do you care? If a Macedonian chooses to identify as a Macedonian he will, particularly in the freedom of the USA, and if they don't want to - bugger them.

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by fyrOM View Post
              To borrow SoM's question and add to it - Why do you care? If a Macedonian chooses to identify as a Macedonian he will, particularly in the freedom of the USA, and if they don't want to - bugger them.
              Pheonix, fyrOM is right. For example, if a Macedonian chooses to identify as a fyromian, then bugger them - they're not worth the trouble and they'll never understand why "FYROM" is bad, regardless of which fancy club the name tag gets you into.
              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Phoenix
                • Dec 2008

Just curious...

Comment

• Phoenix
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                  Pheonix, fyrOM is right. For example, if a Macedonian chooses to identify as a fyromian, then bugger them - they're not worth the trouble and they'll never understand why "FYROM" is bad, regardless of which fancy club the name tag gets you into.
                  ...lol

fyrOM has some strange ideas about identity...its pathetic that he would comment on somebody elses identity when he has such low regard for his own...

Comment

• fyrOM
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                    Good point...

but...

FY(i)ROM will you buy a pane ticket and join Gruevski at his street party when the FY are dropped...

and...

more importantly, after publicly calling him a traitor, would you dare to drink a toast to him there in public - I'll even buy a round if you do?
                    Last edited by fyrOM; 05-13-2011, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

we'll see if vassilis answers back.
                      Last edited by George S.; 05-11-2011, 06:13 AM.
                      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Phoenix
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                        we'll see if vassilis answers back.
                        Don't hold your breath for an answer GS, it is rocket science afterall...

Comment

• Vangelovski
                          • Sep 2008

Good point...

but...

FY(i)ROM will you buy a pane ticket and join Gruevski at his street party when the FY are dropped...

and...

more importantly, after publicly calling him a traitor, would you dare to drink a toast to him there in public - I'll even buy a round if you do?
                          Acid is bad for you fyrOM...really bad. The above post is evidence of that.
                          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Your spelling was wrong (again).
                            I take it you meant to write a "pain" ticket.
                            Because that is what Macedonia has endured under the duplicitous Gruevski government.
                            Risto the Great
                            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

Maybe we can ask Vassilis to stick a rocket up fyrom &send him to the next mars mission.I hear there might be a fyrom place there & they are looking for volunteeers.
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                              X