X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Meto's Missing Opinion Piece in The Age

In Meto’s original flyer outlining his tour of Australia (which has been replaced), he claimed that he had written an opinion piece in The Age, a Melbourne based newspaper. Can UMD provide a copy of this “opinion piece”?

Or was the article in question actually a paid advertisement authored primarily by Igor Aleksandrov (and primarily funded by the Macedonian Orthodox Community of Sydney with donations from other Australian Macedonian organisations and individuals) with input from myself in response to the Greek rally in Melbourne in November 2007?

If this is the case, can UMD explain why it attempted to mislead the public and credit the advertisement to Meto as an opinion piece, when in fact it was a paid advertisement that Meto Koloski and Aleksandar Mitrevski actually opposed because they felt it was “too nationalistic” to state the fact that Greece occupied southern Macedonia in 1913 and refused to put UMD’s name to the piece (a decision which I took the liberty to override) along with all the major Australian Macedonian sponsors?
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• julie
      • May 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
      In Meto’s original flyer outlining his tour of Australia (which has been replaced), he claimed that he had written an opinion piece in The Age, a Melbourne based newspaper. Can UMD provide a copy of this “opinion piece”?

Or was the article in question actually a paid advertisement authored primarily by Igor Aleksandrov (and primarily funded by the Macedonian Orthodox Community of Sydney with donations from other Australian Macedonian organisations and individuals) with input from myself in response to the Greek rally in Melbourne in November 2007?

If this is the case, can UMD explain why it attempted to mislead the public and credit the advertisement to Meto as an opinion piece, when in fact it was a paid advertisement that Meto Koloski and Aleksandar Mitrevski actually opposed because they felt it was “too nationalistic” to state the fact that Greece occupied southern Macedonia in 1913 and refused to put UMD’s name to the piece (a decision which I took the liberty to override) along with all the major Australian Macedonian sponsors?
      At uni they call this plagiarism?
      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

UMD Defends FYROM Terminology

Another unbelievable defence of the Interim Accord and the FYROM terminology by UMD's self-appointed "leaders" has surfaced:

If the government did not agree on FYROM in 1995, we would have been 10 years behind right now. Macedonia would still be under embargo and 20,000 people would have been without a job.

Denis Manevski, UMD Treasurer
        11 March 2008
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Macedo.../message/10536
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• julie
          • May 2009

Another unbelievable defence of the Interim Accord and the FYROM terminology by UMD's self-appointed "leaders" has surfaced:

with unemplyoyment in the Republic at 39% currently?
          "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Vangelovski
            • Sep 2008

They call in plagiarism in the outside world too! I think there is also an aspect of self-promotion...

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

UMDiaspora.org, Amitreski and co., do any of you care to address this concern? In the interest of the UMD's public perception, I certainly hope so.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Part 1.
                YouTube - MTO UMD 1

Part 2.
                YouTube - MTO UMD 2
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

RtG, Great stuff!!

There was a lot of excuse making and nonsense from Meto - it was quite difficult to follow.

I'm gonna have to listen to this a few more times, but I think Meto just reiterated his support for "Democratic Republic of Macedonia"!?!?!

RtG, is that how you interpreted it? I'll reserve final judgement after I have heard Part Two...just some preliminary thoughts here.
                  Last edited by Vangelovski; 02-07-2010, 03:23 AM.

Comment

• Pavel
                    • Oct 2009

Skopiani

from that answer it looks like umd would have accepted ROM (Skopje) - the pejorative that grease likes the best.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Part 2 is now up.

I will not comment on Meto's responses yet because I would like your opinions first.

But I will say that the Macedonian Community that hosted this event were pitiful in the moderation of the event. The attempts to quieten my dialogue was a slap in the face to all Macedonians with inquiring minds. Lets be clear, Meto was here to sell his product. If someone is selling to me, I would like to know what I am buying. The fact that I may have been understood by some as being disruptive is more a pitiful reflection on my local community's leaders than it is on me.
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

Meto's ramble is fairly incoherent and difficult to follow - it again appears that he was defending his speculation over "Democratic Republic of Macedonia" as the "best choice under those circumstances".

RtG - You were shut right down by Ordan (I think its him standing next to Meto) who in order to allow Meto to avoid responding to the answer you gave him, opened the floor to other questions. This is appalling.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

RtG - You were shut right down by Ordan (I think its him standing next to Meto) who in order to allow Meto to avoid responding to the answer you gave him, opened the floor to other questions. This is appalling.
                          No, it was Steve Kostoff who did that (he was standing beside Meto).
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• julie
                            • May 2009

I agree with RTG, unfortunately it was disappointing that it was not moderated appropriately. I was also silenced.
                            I asked Meto if the term diaspora is voice of the people, as I am one people that does not agree with negotiations , which should cease. That negotiations are indicative of compromise, that is how our flag has been changed, and that our name should not be compromised with any prefixes. I found Meto intimidating in his response and chose to leave the premise, he "spoke" to me by pointing his finger at me repeatedly in front of the audience.

Comment

• Pavel
                              • Oct 2009

delusions of grandeur

meto koloski "thanks to organisations like umd, the united states recoginises the republic of macedonia". wow, delusions of grandeur or what. the balls on the clown to make such a stupid claim. the US recogised ROM just around the same time umd was formed, there is no way umd had any part in that. if people look at the US complex in skopje, 15 stories underground etc. which signalled a major shift from running things from grease, then it we can see truly why the US recognised ROM. DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUER .

Comment

• Vangelovski
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                                No, it was Steve Kostoff who did that (he was standing beside Meto).
                                My apologies Ordan.

So, Steve Kostoff, the one who calls us "Slav Macedonians" is now Meto's righthand man.

Comment

Working...
                                X