National Geographic, who were the Christian settlers coming to Aegean Macedonia, 1925

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philosopher
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Royal Hellas View Post
    Makedonski language wasn't around at the time.

You're right. Makedonski wasn't around at that time but it's funny you should write that, because Macedonian, the language, and the people, is recorded in the 1400s, 1500s, and 1600s, by non-Macedonians.

But why let a fact stand in the way.

This is Greek logic at its best.

Go figure.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Svoliani View Post
      The question of the day that you need to ask yourselves is why the TURKS coming from Macedonia spoke GREEK and not MAKEDONSKI EZIK when Ethnic Macedonians were the clear MAJORITY in the region according to our historians here!!! Thats what you need to ask yourself, why in the hell these Turks didnt manage to learn Makedonski instead they learned GREEK when apparently there werent ANY Greeks in Belo More Macedonia!!
      Oh but there are Macedonian speaking enclaves all over Turkey.
      They in fact feel Macedonian and openly express themselves as such and treat Macedonians who visit there with great respect.
      You should look harder.
      And further, the Pomaks were merely muslim Macedonians. Where did most of the Pomaks go donkey boy?
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        Is it an ethnic Greek or Greek by genus? And is the Greek government an appropriate authority to quote on this matter? Why did so many of your "Greeks by genus" become Romanians last century? Sorry, you will have to try much harder to convince us. You will really have to work on your definitions, by definition a Greek is a modern Greek as the country did not exist before 1830. Therefore, to lump all of these races into the modern Greek identity as being part of a "genus" is ... well ... optimistic. Are the French actually Italians by genus? Can you identify any departure from your logic in this example?
        Royal Hellas ... don't forget to respond.
        Risto the Great

Comment

• Svoliani
          Banned
          • Sep 2008

Re Risto , POMAKS are Macedonian Muslims?????

It is a well known fact that Pomaks (from pomogach meaning helper) are Bulgarian Muslims.
          The vast majority live in the Rhodopi mts region on the Bulgarian/Greek border.

You must be thinking of Torbeshi.

And if you ever find a book or video or link of Macedonian speaking enclaves in Turkey , i would love to see it.
          There are 300,000 Bulgarian speakers in Turkey. Although your language is mutually intelligable to Bulgarian, you dont speak Bulgarian.

Comment

• osiris
            • Sep 2008

doesnt it strike you as absurd coming on this forum and telling us who we are what langauge we speak etc etc. when did god die and make you lord of humanity. you sound like a very pretensious ignoramus to me. the old axiom of a little knowledaghe is a dangerous thing apllies to most of your posts.

as for turks speaking macedonian. have you been to instanbul lately, i couldnt get away from turks speaking macedonian and telling me nostalgically how they still missed makedonia

Comment

• Royal Hellas
              Banned
              • Sep 2008

[QUOTE=Risto the Great;4381]
              An ethnic Greek or Greek by genus is the same.

Yes the Greek government is an authority on such matters.

They became Romanians last year for the same reason that alot of pure Makedonskis became Bulgarian last year.

Greece existed before 1830, just ask anyone who is not living in a parallel universe.

Greece is a multicultural society and has >90% of its population of an ethnicity which is Greek, much to the envy of its neighbours.

The French are ethnic Gauls, us Greeks call them Gali.

Comment

• Svoliani
                Banned
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by osiris View Post
                doesnt it strike you as absurd coming on this forum and telling us who we are what langauge we speak etc etc. when did god die and make you lord of humanity. you sound like a very pretensious ignoramus to me. the old axiom of a little knowledaghe is a dangerous thing apllies to most of your posts.

as for turks speaking macedonian. have you been to instanbul lately, i couldnt get away from turks speaking macedonian and telling me nostalgically how they still missed makedonia

What are you on about here? same old rambling coming from you and not making much sense. I said you dont speak Bulgarian, why are u getting upset? Your friend said POMAKS are Macedonian Muslims, i assume you agree with is?
                Next time your in Istanbul and you meet a cab driver who speaks Macedonian videotape it for me.
                For you to meet a Turk from the population exchange they would have to be in their graves or 80-90 years old, yet you somehow met them on every corner and couldnt get away from them.
                But you said your village has roots from Epirus, and that your people were Mastori , pote ksehasate tis rizes sas?

Comment

• Royal Hellas
                  Banned
                  • Sep 2008

One of the side effects of being detained at Syros is to suffer later in life from amnesia.

Comment

• Pelister
                    • Sep 2008

Because they were exposed to Turkish culture,similar to an ethnic Greek being raised in America, the first language is not Greek but American. Still an ethnic Greek though, "Greek by genus" as the Greek government says.
                    What if they natural and first language was Turkish?

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Re Risto , POMAKS are Macedonian Muslims?????

It is a well known fact that Pomaks (from pomogach meaning helper) are Bulgarian Muslims.
                      The vast majority live in the Rhodopi mts region on the Bulgarian/Greek border.
                      Bulgarian Muslims ... is that what Greece calls them for political purposes? Or is this construct something out of your own stable?
                      Take away the religion and they are Macedonians "by genus" MORE SO than the Asian settlers in Greece who spoke Turkish are Greeks "by genus" .
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

An ethnic Greek or Greek by genus is the same.

Yes the Greek government is an authority on such matters.

They became Romanians last year for the same reason that alot of pure Makedonskis became Bulgarian last year.

Greece existed before 1830, just ask anyone who is not living in a parallel universe.

Greece is a multicultural society and has >90% of its population of an ethnicity which is Greek, much to the envy of its neighbours.

The French are ethnic Gauls, us Greeks call them Gali.
                        Wow, you are a mental giant.
                        There I was thinking you had some potential mental capacity but no ... parrot poo.

Ummm, all of the people who call themselves Greeks nowadays ... called themselves Romioi back in the good old days. Are you saying Greeks or Romioi existed before 1830? Please be clear about this. If they were Romioi, then why not keep a good thing .... many loved this so much they became modern Romanians. Surely you know about the famous Phanariotes that became "class A" Romanians.

The Greek government does not even admit to Turks living in Greece ... aren't they the "muslims" that live there?

You cannot say anything about Greece's multi-cultures ... a census has never been performed there. Is Greece ready to come clean yet?

I give a rat's arse ... but what does Greece call Germans? I would hazard a guess and say whatever King Otto told them to call them ... but historically the Germans came from Frankish tribes ... make my day and tell me you call them Franks.
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• osiris
                          • Sep 2008

What are you on about here? same old rambling coming from you and not making much sense. I said you dont speak Bulgarian, why are u getting upset? Your friend said POMAKS are Macedonian Muslims, i assume you agree with is?
                          Next time your in Istanbul and you meet a cab driver who speaks Macedonian videotape it for me.
                          For you to meet a Turk from the population exchange they would have to be in their graves or 80-90 years old, yet you somehow met them on every corner and couldnt get away from them.
                          But you said your village has roots from Epirus, and that your people were Mastori , pote ksehasate tis rizes sas?
                          Svoliani is offline Add to Svoliani's Reputation Report Post Reply With Quote
                          you are even dumber than i thought.

Comment

• osiris
                            • Sep 2008

the word german reffers to tribe of deutchlanders, as were the franks the borgundinians the lombards the goths and so one.

Comment

• makedonin
                              • Sep 2008

But this seems impossible for you , how can someone learn a second language?!?!?! That cant be possible can it.
                              are you on LSD?

there is no mention of second language, but rather that Turks spoke Greek and "Greek" spoke only Turkish. The text says:
                              the last arriving Greek boys staring broadly at the last-departing Moslem boys, speech between them being impossible, since the Greeks spoke only Turkish and the Turks spoke only Greek
                              Where is the reference to the second language???

and than again, on the Photo, it clearly states, that this "Anatolian Greeks" had to learn Greek.

Brain washed to the core
                              Last edited by makedonin; 10-21-2008, 03:28 AM.
                              To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Daskalot
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makedonin View Post
                                are you on LSD?

there is no mention of second language, but rather that Turks spoke Greek and "Greek" spoke only Turkish. The text says:

Where is the reference to the second language???

and than again, on the Photo, it clearly states, that this "Anatolian Greeks" had to learn Greek.

Brain washed to the core
                                I must quote this so the Greeks get to read it one more time.
                                Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

Working...
                                X