X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jankovska
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
    I resent Australia for not recognizing Macedonia's constitutional name... and therefor restricting its sovereignty.
    No one has ever denied that USA acts on behalf of its own interests, I don't know what you are arguing about? No one ever said they were proud of America acting on their own interests, I said that Macedonia could use that to its benefit... And excuse me, but are you talking of general Americans, or the American Macedonians? I would advise you be careful how you phrase these statements.

You keep alluding to the comparison of being a prostitute, did you ever wonder why women became prostitutes? I assure you it was not by choice, and it was not because they were well off, and were able to support themselves.
    A be sto ako nekoj te priznae kad ke te natera da si dades g'zot pod kirija na Siptarite?

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

I resent Australia for not recognizing Macedonia's constitutional name... and therefor restricting its sovereignty.
      No one has ever denied that USA acts on behalf of its own interests, I don't know what you are arguing about? No one ever said they were proud of America acting on their own interests, I said that Macedonia could use that to its benefit... And excuse me, but are you talking of general Americans, or the American Macedonians? I would advise you be careful how you phrase these statements.

You keep alluding to the comparison of being a prostitute, did you ever wonder why women became prostitutes? I assure you it was not by choice, and it was not because they were well off, and were able to support themselves.
      Buktop, I resent Australia for not recognising Macedonia's name. We agree. I cannot even begin to compare that with the USA encouraging ethnic Albanian terrorists to destabilise Macedonia.

I am not sure what will happen if I phrase statements in any particular way in relation to general comments about Americans. I like many South Americans if that helps you.

Many (not all) prostitutes merely make lifestyle choices. They are often frowned upon in society for taking the easy way out. I am sure I should interpret your final comment that Macedonia should indeed prostitute itself because it is not well off and unable to support itself. This is why you give up so easily. ... This is why I say forums can often reveal more about a person than a few meetings ever could. If we met, you would be another chest beating proud Macedonian. But as the words keep flowing here, you are on the bed copping it royally by the stars and stripes so your Macedonian relatives can learn Albanian back home. I bet you don't look like Julia Roberts as well.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop
        Wow SoM. So it is all my fault for offering a differing opinion and interpretation of statements than yours?
        Absolutely not, and nowhere have I made such a statement.
        Secondly you know what I said regarding Meto's comments and I don't appreciate you misrepresenting my statements.
        How am I misrepresenting? I was appreciative of your reply to my questions regarding Meto's ZMR interview, I just think you are going easy on criticising what he actually said (then and on other occasions) because you are sympathetic to him and/or the UMD. I don't like to equate you (or even Dzog) as UMD 'messenger boys', but it is sometimes hard to argue against that when, on the one hand you guys are forever on Pelister's back about his anti-UMD articles, while on the other, regardless of who is making the criticism on the UMD it is generally the same group of guys that come in to bat for them. As you indicated earlier, perception is everything. I think, deep down, were it not to be on a public forum like this, and were it not for this so-called Australo-American 'division' that was honed at Maknews, you would probably be more vocal.
        SoM, you have proven to be one of the most reasonable people to hold a conversation with on this forum, our past history and differences aside, I respect that. I am not a UMD messenger boy, and any and all arguments I have made concerning UMD are in an attempt to offer a different perspective and interpretation of the disputed statements. I will not force you to believe my interpretations but I believe they not only balance the debate, but provide an opportunity to weed out the week and irrelevant arguments that cannot be substantiated or proved.
        Buktop, I have absolutely no issue at all with you (or anybody else) voicing opinions, but when generalisations enter the picture it bothers me because a false conclusion can be drawn that gives an unnecessary negative image of the MTO.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Prolet
          • Sep 2009

Buktop, Russia recognized Stari Kraj alot earlier then USA did for starters.
          МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Phoenix
            • Dec 2008

My involvement in the UMD threads would have ended had it not been for Vangelovski and Phoenix constantly accusing me of foul play and communist style stifling of opposition.
            Mate, get over yourself...perhaps you have issues with Vangelovski wiping the floor with your constitutional ramblings but don't drag me into your bullshit...get it right, I've never accused you of "foul play" or "communist style stifling of opposition"...I've called you an American arse-licker.

Buktop for somebody who has defended Meto's statements with the steady hand of a surgeon of semantics you deliberately butcher other statements when it serves a different agenda...

Comment

• Phoenix
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
              Buktop, I resent Australia for not recognising Macedonia's name. We agree. I cannot even begin to compare that with the USA encouraging ethnic Albanian terrorists to destabilise Macedonia.

I am not sure what will happen if I phrase statements in any particular way in relation to general comments about Americans. I like many South Americans if that helps you.

Many (not all) prostitutes merely make lifestyle choices. They are often frowned upon in society for taking the easy way out. I am sure I should interpret your final comment that Macedonia should indeed prostitute itself because it is not well off and unable to support itself. This is why you give up so easily. ... This is why I say forums can often reveal more about a person than a few meetings ever could. If we met, you would be another chest beating proud Macedonian. But as the words keep flowing here, you are on the bed copping it royally by the stars and stripes so your Macedonian relatives can learn Albanian back home. I bet you don't look like Julia Roberts as well.
              Buktop has a real problem with analogies, yesterday he was crapping on about somebody not having a coat and standing outside in the rain...

It seems that when Meto is not channelling himself through Buktop, the ideas of the 'real' man are pretty shallow...

Comment

• Phoenix
                • Dec 2008

Buktop, take off your UMD cap for a minute and tell me what you think about the UMD press release where the Macedonian Government has decided to increase troop numbers to Afghanistan...do you "APPLAUD" that decision in the same manner as UMD...?

Comment

• Dzog
                  • Sep 2009

Soldier of Macedon,

You were the one who turned this thread into something about the UMD and were the first to make sweeping generalisations.

You had the nerve to call me a bitch when you were the one who started attacking me and the UMD in the same breath, like a little picka, without any substantiation.

You need to reconsider what this thread was really about and have some sort of proof before you make comments about my "history" with members that is so "well known".

Most importantly, you should realise why I say what I say and do what I do. In the context of this thread, your contribution was about as useful as my childish comments.
                  Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Dzog
                    You were the one who turned this thread into something about the UMD......
                    No, you are the one, see your first post on page 1 of this thread:
                    I have had enough of the divisiveness within the Macedonian diaspora. Disputes between UMD and other parties, disputes between churches
                    You had the nerve to call me a bitch when you were the one who started attacking me and the UMD in the same breath......
                    No, I merely used your terminology about yourself:
                    I don't care anymore. I'm not about to get into arguments......with someone I don't know who has analysed it to shreds and who thinks I have personal issues.....Call it back-peddling, call it bitching out....
                    You tried to be a clown and throw a joke in (which wasn't funny), I then retorted by making the suggestion that 'bitchin out' was an emotion, for, it is an obvious departure from the normal behaviour of most people, and then I said:
                    Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon
                    ....unless of course you considered your conduct as a bitch a normal everday thing.
                    You called your conduct 'bitchin out', which basically means to behave like a bitch, how have I said anything about yourself that you haven't already set the precedent for? And you want to go on to insult me like that, did I call myself that what you called me?
                    .......and were the first to make sweeping generalisations
                    Again, refer to you first post on page 1 of this thread, where it is you who opens with generalisations:
                    All I see is people pushing their own agendas veiled by a seemingly genuine concern for Macedonian issues........
                    Have you forgotten what you wrote?
                    Most importantly, you should realise why I say what I say and do what I do.
                    I am not interested in the way of your mind, keep your little 'beef' with Pelister and your delusions of grandeur away from these threads if you have nothing constructive or of substance to contribute. You have already said enough about how you don't feel the:
                    ....need to be honest on an internet forum that I go on when I'm bored.
                    Don't trouble yourself too much, it is difficult to take serious somebody who confesses to being dishonest on this forum anyway.
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                      • Oct 2009

Levin: US should reverse decision to recognize Macedonia's name

State Department should reverse the decision to recognize FYROM by its constitutional name to avoid negative impact on the ongoing talks on the name, US senator said in a letter.

Senator Carl Levin, a Democrat of Michigan, wrote a letter to Macedonian community in Michigan in response to thousands of letters from the community there asking him not to support the pro-Greek resolution in the Senate. He urged the State Department to reconsider the 2004 decision to recognize Macedonia by its constitutional name.

"On November 4, 2004, the State Department announced that the FYROM would now be recognized as the Republic of Macedonia. I am concerned that this decision may have a negative impact on negotiations between the FYROM and Greece, which have been working to resolve differences concerning the Republic's name," Senator Levin wrote in his letter.

"In response to the unilateral decision by the State Department, I joined several of my colleagues in writing Secretary of State Colin Powell expressing our concerns about the decision. The letter expressed our support for the negotiations taking place between FYROM and Greece and our view that the State Department should reverse this decision to avoid negatively impacting these talks."

The United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) reacted to the letter. UMD President Metodija Koloski told Makfax news agency that Senator Levin should honor the decision that recognizes Macedonia's constitutional name, and this decision is the position of Democrats' administration.

"The Senator should worry about the problems caused by the economic crisis in Michigan and the high unemployment rate rather than meddling in bilateral disputes," Koloski said.

Democrat Carl Levin is one of the most influential members of the Senate. He was present in Macedonia in 1999 during the Kosovo crisis. Hence, he is deemed to be quite familiar with the situation in the Balkan region and the issues related to Macedonia. /end/ vs
                      For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
                      http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
                      Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
                      Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
                      Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

You would think a Jewish guy would support a race of people who have been downtrodden for so long.

The same guy that supported NATO targeting Serbia infrastructure as a result of a domestic dispute. Kosovo was indeed dear to him, perhaps he simply likes ethnic Albanians more than Macedonians.

Here is a list of Kosovo "successes":

* that the international missions ignore or violate central provisions of UN Security Council resolution 1244 on the basis of which they are in Kosovo/a;
                        * that we can't help the Albanians imprisoned in Serbia because the West officially will have nothing to do with authorities in Belgrade;
                        * that NATO leaders stand accused of war crimes at the Hague Tribunal while citizens of NATO countries hardly know about it;
                        * that according to international humanitarian organisations there are between 900.000 and 1.000.000 refugees in Serbia/Montenegro - from Croatia, Bosnia and Kosovo, i.e. more than the Albanians who fled to Albania and Macedonia and who were promised a safe return;
                        * that the largest ethnic cleansing in the Balkans has happened under the very eyes of 45.000 NATO troops, and thousands UN civilians and police, OSCE and NGOs;
                        * that CIA and other dark organisations have obtained millions of dollars to overthrow the Belgrade government (e.g. Operation Matrix) - and were on the ground all the time;
                        * that the West maintains sanctions and isolation of Serbia and thus victimises not only the refugees but the 9 million citizens of multi-ethnic Serbia and Montenegro;
                        * that media, with few exceptions, have stopped asking questions about all this;
                        * that the EU brings oil only to cities run by opposition parties and thereby violates the finest principle of humanitarianism: that human suffering/needs should be the only criteria;
                        * that you never heard about financial "crisis" when NATO bombed and brought 45.000 heavily armed soldiers on the ground;
                        * that criminality, mafia operations, corruption and prostitution has skyrocketed in Kosovo after the arrival of the international community;
                        * that there is a full war going on behind the scenes about who should be the scapegoat for this the most bogus policy in the post-Cold War era.

"Kosovo is now the Big Unmentionable. We know 'Realpolitik' is not about ethics. But we are making a mockery of democracy if a handful of leaders get away with all this without being made accountable for the consequences of their deeds.

Is there ONE government in Europe that dares speak up against US dominance and refuses to be be taught lessons, as above, by American leaders who caused 90% of the destruction? Is there ONE European government leader with enough civil courage to tell us that something went wrong - and remains wrong?

The big ones who ran the show won't. But non-NATO Sweden and Finland or NATO-Norway and Denmark could: the good news is that independent countries can have independent views; that's what international democracy is all about. The bad news is that this is ignored.

The Nordic countries have traditions of open debate; they used to support the UN, stand firmly on principles of international law and prefer dialogue to guns. They used to care about justice and aid to those most in need. Imagine that Sweden had not contributed to the military congestion in Kosovo: it could then have saved the whole UN mission now!

The silence about the docility and complicity of smaller governments in the Balkan tragedy is ominous - and their conscience won't be cleared by raising their voices about WWII Holocaust
                        Risto the Great
                        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Bill77
                          • Oct 2009

Are we still not convinced how reliable the sluts called USA can be??????
                          http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                            • Oct 2009

Don't base your opinion of the U.S. towards Macedonia based on one Senator, from a state with the weakest economy at the moment.

Some good news: 15 members of Congress sent a letter to Hillary Clinton: http://umdiaspora.org/content/view/414/1/
                            For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
                            http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
                            Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
                            Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
                            Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Silver
                              • Sep 2009

It's too bad there can no longer be any discussion about certain things without the tentacles of the UMD jumping into it. It doesn't have anything to do with representing Macedonians. It has everything to do with mind control and spin. How someone like Mr. Buktop, can be on line 24/7 cranking it out at every point when the littlest word anywhere is trickled out that has something to do with the UMD is beyond belief. You have to wonder how can he do it, what is the motivation and who does he represent?

It seems the Macedonians in ‘Greece’ and ‘Bulgaria’ now have more freedom to discuss the government than we do to discuss the UMD thanks to the UMD mind police. I'd really like to see even three paragraphs of something on the UMD be said without Mr. Buktop jumping on his horse to the rescue (or so he thinks). Then we will 'end the stupidity'.
                              Last edited by Silver; 01-21-2010, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• Bratot
                                • Sep 2008

Is he also on the Greek paylist?

Damn... look where their economy is now as a result of all these bribery activities.
                                The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

Working...
                                X