• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Makedonska_Kafana
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by julie View Post
    Amen, absolutely!
    Yup, we refuse to compromise or bend an inch.

http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• Pelister
      • Sep 2008

Tom,
      My estimate of the current situation is that Gruevski knows EXACTLY what he is doing. Refusing to raise the 'negotiations' at the last election, ASSUME the Macedonian people wanted it, and REJECT all indications that the Macedonian people are entirely against it, and REFUSE out of hand to pursue the only sensible and logical option of pursuing the matter "in house" through the process of the UN institution. He is a fkn snake, because he knows the Macedonian people have NO OTHER POLITICAL OPTION. I mean think about it. Why would Gruevski take something that should be a matter to be dealt with within the confines of the U.N institution - and turn it into a major international platform? What kind of message is the fker sending to countries like Australia if he himself is prepared to put our identity on the negotiating table? I mean Gruevski has been a public relations gold mine for the Greeks, refusing to challenge them on key historical, moral, ethical and legal points ...etc. EXPORTING and MARKETING the lie that the Greeks are Macedonians too. That's what this fker is doing. The Macedonians pursue a course that could only lead toward self destruction?

Comment

• Pelister
        • Sep 2008

UMD taken any steps toward getting Gruevski to stop using our identity as a bargaining chip?

Any efforts to take the 'issue' back to the U.N where it belongs - where it was always an "in house" matter? Any steps being taken to have our country admitted to the U.N - that doesn't involve using our identity as a bargaining tool? Possibly through legal avenuse within the U.N institution?

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Pelister View Post
          UMD taken any steps toward getting Gruevski to stop using our identity as a bargaining chip?

Any efforts to take the 'issue' back to the U.N where it belongs - where it was always an "in house" matter? Any steps being taken to have our country admitted to the U.N - that doesn't involve using our identity as a bargaining tool? Possibly through legal avenuse within the U.N institution?
          Pelister, if you are referring to Macedonia circulating a diplomatic note informing the UN that its state name is Macedonia, then I agree. However, if you are referring to a vote or the Igor Janev idea of persuing the case through the ICJ, then I strongly disagree.

Holding a vote is deconstructing our national sovereignty because we are allowing the entire world to have a say in our name. Pursuing the case through the ICJ is also deconstructing our national soveriengty because an unaccountable court (to the Macedonian people) will make that decision. Only the Macedonian people can make the decision about their state name, not the UN through a vote nor the ICJ.
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
            • Sep 2008

Pelister, as I noted in the UMD Announcements thread, if you are referring to Macedonia circulating a diplomatic note informing the UN that its state name is Macedonia, then I agree. However, if you are referring to a vote or the Igor Janev idea of persuing the case through the ICJ, then I strongly disagree.

Holding a vote is deconstructing our national sovereignty because we are allowing the entire world to have a say in our name. Pursuing the case through the ICJ is also deconstructing our national soveriengty because an unaccountable court (to the Macedonian people) will make that decision. Only the Macedonian people can make the decision about their state name, not the UN through a vote nor the ICJ.
            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Droog
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
              There it is.
              DPMNE regretted not being able to change Macedonia to Macedonia (Skopke).
              How did you draw that conclusion from that quote? He isn't even implying such a thing.

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

The name change is all part of the overall plan to just give in and capitulate & that will pay off in some way.I't must be said it's deliberate & they can't runaway like kids that they diddn't know.They never intended to ask the public or to inform them of what they are doing.Has gruevski made it his platform in the coming elections to negotiate the name.?Probably not.Isn'it funny How gruevski can do what he want's in respect of the name & then hit them with an explanation that they had to so that they can enter nato & eu.
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Droog View Post
                  How did you draw that conclusion from that quote? He isn't even implying such a thing.
                  Read the quote again. If you fail to understand it the second time, enrol into an English class.

Comment

• Droog
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                    Read the quote again. If you fail to understand it the second time, enrol into an English class.
                    In the course of those negotiations, the Republic of Macedonia accepted a number of proposals put forward by Mr. Nimetz as a basis for a solution, including the proposal of March 2008 of “Republic of Macedonia (Skopje)”, which the Hellenic Republic regrettably rejected.

It doesn't really mean that this is their ultimate stance but that during the talks they were willing to compromise

Comment

• Vangelovski
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Droog View Post
                      In the course of those negotiations, the Republic of Macedonia accepted a number of proposals put forward by Mr. Nimetz as a basis for a solution, including the proposal of March 2008 of “Republic of Macedonia (Skopje)”, which the Hellenic Republic regrettably rejected.

It doesn't really mean that this is their ultimate stance but that during the talks they were willing to compromise
                      I think its time for English language classes.

Now your making an irrelevant statement. Read the quote again. Read what RTG said in relation to the quote (he even highlighted the relevant parts of Milososki's letter to which he was referring).

Comment

• vicsinad
                        • May 2011

Well, the current case in ICJ is only going to rule on whether Greece violated the 1995 Interim Accord. Although it is ridiculous that we have to be here in the first place (and just as ridiculous at the "bending over" we're doing just to get into NATO and the EU), I don't think it deconstructs our national sovereignty. I think a victory at the ICJ will actually take away the credibility other countries are allowed to formally give to Greece. Although, since it's not a binding decision, and only a UN Security Council vote can enforce the decision, it won't have any significant impact. It's an unfair world, and even though I'm not an advocate of NATO or the EU, if that's the path Macedonia wants to go down, then using the court system in such a manner isn't necessarily a bad idea.

That said, I agree the neither the UN nor ICJ should decide Macedonia's name for Macedonia.

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

Yes vicsinad the rom govt should ask itself what is it trying to achieve in the courtcase ,it's not a be all end all.Even then they may even get a reversal view if not a completly different decision.
                          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post

neither the UN nor ICJ should decide Macedonia's name for Macedonia.
                            This, is the only acceptable response and the wish of the World Macedonian Diaspora. NO ONE

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Makedonska_Kafana View Post
                              Can, someone please update us on the MHRMI/AMHRC and United Macedonians of Canada enquiries last night? Page 317 post #3163
                              Why, can't we get a reply on this yet? My, rules apply to all not just one Macedonian organization.

- Secondly, who is TJHosting and what are their links to MHRMI?
                              - And neither is the "United Macedonians" org of Canada averse in doing the same as can be seen in the favicon used when accessing their website http://www.unitedmacedonians.org/ (click on the link and see what favicon icon is flapping in the address bar).*

NOTE

I, asked the president of the United Macedonians of Canada "how can you be united using that favicon"? I, can't blame him (Mendo) but their webmaster (?) on that major error. I. also know about TJHosting but will wait to see the official response because they (TJ) have a local Macedonian media connection - active UMD member and supporter.

See, with me it's a bit (understatement) different because when things get in my way or try to slow me down rather then go around them (issues) I go right through them full speed.
                              Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 05-20-2011, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• MHRMI
                                • Dec 2009

Again, this is a Sitel report on the Our Name is Macedonia campaign.

TJ Hosting maintains our website. They uploaded this clip and obviously did not "selectively edit" it to show the ventilator.

Toronto, Canada and Melbourne, Australia - Even more disturbing than every Macedonian government's continued participation in the nonsensical name negotiations is the recent letter by Foreign Minister Antonio Miloshoski to the United Nations Secretary-General that states, 'In the course of those negotiations, the Republic of Macedonia accepted a number of proposals put forward by Mr.

Macedonian Human Rights Movement International (MHRMI) and the Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC) initiated the Our Name is Macedonia campaign in July 2010, which demands that Macedonia end all negotiations with Greece over its name. The campaign includes billboards throughout Macedonia, ads in print and online editions of major newspapers, television commercials, press conferences, radio interviews and the distribution of hundreds of thousands of flyers throughout the country.

• Our organizations have consistently denounced the name negotiations and condemned SDSM for agreeing to the "temporary reference" of "FYROM" and subsequently changing the flag.
                                • We condemn SDSM and their media for scare-mongering and claiming that Macedonia must change its name to enter the EU and NATO, or risk collapse.
                                • We demand that VMRO fulfill its promise that it will never change Macedonia's name by immediately ending the name negotiations.
                                • Furthermore, we demand that Macedonia revert to the original flag and immediately end the acceptance of "FYROM" or "Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia". • Finally, MHRMI and AMHRC call on every Macedonian organization and individual to sign on to the Our Name is Macedonia campaign.

Silence is not an option. Our Name is Macedonia.

Comment

Working...
                                X