X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bratot
    • Sep 2008

I will continue with Russian sources on the connections:

"Подтверждение того, что Македонцы были славяне, пусть послужит следующее: по падении Македонского царства часть Македонцев, около 320 г. до Р.Х., переселилась к Балтийскому морю и основала свои новые жилища под названием БОДРИЧЕЙ, сохранивших герб Александра Македонского (А.М.), изображающий буцефала и грифа”.

Translation:
    "Confirmation that the Macedonians were Slavs, is based on the following: after the fall of the Macedonian kingdom part of the Macedonians, around 320 BC, moved to the Baltic Sea and established their new home under the name of BODRICHEY, retaining the coat of arms of Alexander of Macedon(A.M.) depicting Bucephalus and Gryphon " ...

Ободри́ты (бо́дричи, ра́роги)

Kashubean Coat of Arms:

Last edited by Bratot; 09-25-2010, 06:03 AM.
    The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

the swastika was used in asian countries.Also professor tasko belcevski found a lot of solar symbols on macedonian territory.He lead to the conclussion that a lot of solar vedic symbols originated in macedonia & date from before prehistoric times.
      Last edited by George S.; 09-25-2010, 11:18 AM. Reason: edit
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
        • Jan 2009

Excellent topic Bratot. I would like to add to it but in terms of modern times;

This image was taken from the book 'Macedonian Vistas' which was published in 1973 or 1974. Dimitar Kondovski - http://www.anagor.com.mk/en/dimitar.php

Click his link and see all his traditional Macedonian works of art.
        Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
          • Jan 2009

Another masterpiece by Dimitar Kondovski.
          Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Pelister
            • Sep 2008

Really intersting, thanks Bratot. It is just another glimpse into a very deep and very rich Macedonian tradition of art, customs and folklore.

Comment

• Bratot
              • Sep 2008

Something recent by Eddie:

The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

Were the ancients forced to use the variant symbols because they offended their neighbours?Can one force another by dictatorial means to adopt something else?apparently you can if you are greece & you have a silly country called fyrom.The fact remains that we can't runaway from that we were force to change our symbol.We wanted the 16 ray sun but got the ventilator instead by capitulating/compromising.How can one country be offended by another country using a symbol that is part of a conquered territory.
                They should have nver capitulated & stood their ground.Greece did not own/or monopolise the symbol of 16 ray sun.Thanks to the traitors compromising now they have a worldwide registered symbol of the 16 ray sun.The name is soon to follow.
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Bratot
                  • Sep 2008

I agree George, but I don't think it's all the same if the Greeks register this symbol as their, again.

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

Well bratot they got the main one.If they want to push it further you never know they want anything macedonian to be theirs including the name.
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• indigen
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
                      Something recent by Eddie:

Тема: Коловрт - Вртешка Постирано од: Boogie
                      Наслов: Коловрт - Вртешка
                      Датум на внесување: 21.Септември.2009 во 16:53

As for "Eddie Buntovnikot", read below how he abuses Macedonians who don't respect the "Ventilator" quisling "Flag":

"....Во врска со актуелното знаме на Република Македонија, квазипатриотите кои се прославија со ништо друго освен со леење на солзи за старото знаме, продолжуваат да тресат зелени. Симболот на актуелното знамето бил вентилатор? А зошто немаат никакви аргументи освен празни приказни. Се надеваат дека доколку тоа го повторат сто пати истото ќе стане вистина.

Поради таа причина мора да одржам втора бесплатна лекција. Еве формално правно од Закон за знамето на Република Македонија, член 2, изгласан во собранието на Република Македонија во 1995 година:..."

Compare the above to what Todor Petrov below says about the events that led to the "Ventilator" becoming a state flag of RM (FYROM):

Пишува Тодор ПЕТРОВ: "...Замислете лага која македонската јавност треба да ја проголта?!

Оти, СДСМ, Социјалистичката партија, Либералната партија и ПДП добија домашна задача, "светот" да им ги признае фалсификуваните избори, ама тие да ја одработат промената на името, знамето и Уставот на државата Македонија. Не Грците да се мачат. Туку се да биде под форма на демократија и светот да каже, па новото име сами си го прифатија, никој од надвор не им го наметна...."

СДСМ-АТИНСКИ ПРЕГОВОРИ ЗА ИМЕТО НА ДРЖАВАТА МАКЕДОНИЈА
                      ОБЕДИНЕТИТЕ НАЦИИ НЕ МОЖАТ ДА ПРОМЕНАТ ИМЕ НА ДР ЖАВА!
                      Пишува Тодор ПЕТРОВ
                      Last edited by indigen; 05-05-2011, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• Bratot
                        • Sep 2008

The Georgian passport:

Bratot - 05-02-09 01:54

Тема: Коловрт - Вртешка Постирано од: Boogie
                        Наслов: Коловрт - Вртешка
                        Датум на внесување: 21.Септември.2009 во 16:53

http://www.forum.idividi.com.mk/prin....asp?TID=20148
                        Тајната на Славјанската цивилизација!
                        Bratot - 01-04-09 14:32

http://forum.kajgana.com/showthread....ја!

From the Protest against change of the name in 2008, being the third largest protest in Macedonian history.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                          • Sep 2008

From the Protest against change of the name in 2008, being the third largest protest in Macedonian history.
                          http://kicevo.blog.mk/2008/02/28/sli...pela%E2%80%9C/
                          Bratot, what is your point with this picture?
                          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Bratot
                            • Sep 2008

Nothing more and nothing less that this symbol is well known and used in Macedonia, even on that occassion from 2008.

I guess you read this thread and you saw this symbol being engraved on our historical monuments, the tombstones in Aegean Macedonia, the tombstone of Goce Delchev, the ancient cups, ancient coins, the Samoil's and Kale fortress, many ancient decorations and old churches.

It's very unique symbol that ancient Macedonian worshiped, carried with them and it has been the only symbol that was so intensivelly well preserved during all periods, showing continuity of our old tradition and expressing Macedonian spirit.
                            Last edited by Bratot; 05-06-2011, 05:35 AM.

Comment

• Bratot
                              • Sep 2008

It can be related with this subject as well:

Helios = St. Elias

Helios the Sun God: Archaelogical findings of Troy. The symbol of the Macedonian royal lineage is identical to the aura of Helios - the Sun God. St. Elias / Sv. Ilija on his Sun Chariot: The PIE element -*el- in the root originally was a suffix Sol "the sun," c.1450, from L. sol

Comment

• indigen
                                • May 2009

Nothing more and nothing less that this symbol is well known and used in Macedonia, even on that occasion from 2008.
                                It is the national symbol of Georgia! The Christian Cross is also used as a national symbol by many nations and it is a cultural religious symbol of all Christians.

Brate, that banner/flag with the vrtuska looks to me to be a bit too large to be carried by one or two people or is it just a close photo shot that makes it appear like that?

I guess you read this thread and you saw this symbol being engraved on our historical monuments, the tombstones in Aegean Macedonia, the tombstone of Goce Delchev, the ancient cups, ancient coins, the Samoil's and Kale fortress, many ancient decorations and old churches.
                                What is the source for all this info? Again we need some academic or credible source to back up the validity of the info and I did not see any in that thread, not taking into account the Russian video info here,? The link for the shield is some gallery founded by a couple Macedonians and a few associates and I really can not accept that as the source for evidence regarding the shield. Academics and Macedonian institutions need to be the source for any information pertaining to that shield.

It's very unique symbol that ancient Macedonian worshipped, carried with them and it has been the only symbol that was so intensively well preserved during all periods, showing continuity of our old tradition and expressing Macedonian spirit.
                                I don't know about how widely it was used by Macedonians in ancient time because the coins collections available online do not provide much evidence for that and I used to have access to the book "Macedonia 4000 years.....bla bla (or Grk malakies)", which was well illustrated and covered much about art and culture of Macedonians in antiquity, and I did not see any mention of this supposedly pervasive "national" symbol, and as I have not seen it in any of the other history books I have also read.

But I suggest that the info in the following book might be one explanation of how a symbol (or symbols, cults, oracles, and etc.) may have come into greater use throughout the Macedonian lands (Macedonia and those lands under Macedonian rule) and those they closely interacted with during the Macedonian Era:
                                Alexander to Actium: the historical evolution of the Hellenistic age - Google Books Result
                                Peter Green - 1993 - History - 970 pages
                                CHAPTER 33 FOREIGN AND MYSTERY CULTS, ORACLES, ASTROLOGY, MAGIC
                                Last edited by indigen; 05-07-2011, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X