X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prolet
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
    Phoenix, Whats your opinion on this? How do we get Australia and New Zealand to recognize our name?? You do realize that the more countries that recognize us the better our case is against Greece.
    Phoenix, Well??

I never said that we got recognized because of the UMD, you know that.
    МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Bratot
      • Sep 2008

The harm was done and there's still not one single person from UMD stand up as a man and to take the responsibility and face the consequences from his bad politics.
      The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Bratot
        • Sep 2008

So according to your logic you may freely also invite the Greek organization to work together in the future.

You have been in delusion for 5 years about 5 MPO.

Escaping of your responsibility will not last too long my friend and such debacles have loud echo among those you wish to represent.

Acting soo arrogant towards everyone and constantly proving your ingorancy, while many of us have been trying to point out the mistakes you made your responce was and still is the same by ignoring us.
        The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

amitreski, Meto did the same thing to me in my opportunity to question him in Adelaide. We are hoping the UMD has capacity for thought and can make strong forceful decisions for the betterment of Macedonians everywhere without relying on non-members opinions. But if you are looking for opinions that reflect the will of the Diaspora, I think my quick assessment is adequate.

If you are willing to send it out to Macedonian politicians, UMD members, the EU and other organisations, let me know and I will tidy it up for you. The worst thing that can happen is you will get some new members and keep some that are just about ready to leave.

Quite frankly though, any response now would be a little late. Do you agree?
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
            • Sep 2008

Mitreski,

Are you trying to say that UMD cannot put together a statement on the EU resolution? Its been nearly two weeks!
            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

Mitreski,

You're Treasurer just tangled himself up again on Macedonian Media Monitor. Perhaps you can give him a hand. So that I don't "take his comments out of context" again, I'll post his entire statement here. But its the same story - justifying why he supports a name change.

I am very happy to read some positive messages on this forum.

Jordan - you are so right when you say that our egos are standing in our way of prosperity and unification. Instead of spending out precious time to help Macedonia and Macedonians around the world in any way we can, we are wasting it on blaming people that try their best to help.

About my comments: Yes – that was my PERSONAL opinion and not UMD policy. UMD has 11 Board Members and its natural some of them to have a slightly different approach of how to help Macedonia.

It’s not my intention to get into a debate to prove that my comments were right or wrong but they were taken out of context.

When i wrote - "Let me ask you this? What will you choose? People in Macedonia dying and starving or "Democratic Republic of Macedonia"? - I was thinking how my family and friends in Macedonia are having hard time seeing a better future in Macedonia without succession in EU and NATO. I was not thinking selfishly that i want to call myself a Macedonian, but I was thinking about what people in Macedonia want and need.

For the record – I oppose any name change to the constitutional name of Macedonia.

But I do think it’s better to be called Democratic Republic of Macedonia that FYROM in the International organizations like UN, NATO an EU.

You can take this out of context again and try to convince people that I support name change – but that would not help Macedonian and Macedonians around the world.

I suggest all of us to try to bury our hatchets and leave our disagreements from the past and try to united for the good of the Macedonian people

United We Can

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Dejan
                • Sep 2008

The way I see it so far: On the eve of conducting the census, the UMD has removed the MPO from participating. Therefore MPO census information will not be valid in it's count of the Macedonian population within the US. Is the UMD banking on those Macedonians who run with the MPO, to now realise that the MPO is nothing but a discredited organisation, and hopefully declare only as ethnic Macedonians? Is it a tactical move from the UMD?
                You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• BigMak
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2009

Last night was Meto's open forum in perth, as I expected a total of 5 young generation Macedonians and the rest "the old guard" a complete and utter embarrassment towards the end of question time when there was a scuffle with a outburst of "naucise kako da zboruvas makedonski prvin"

99% at the end still had no clue what the umd is, and smirked at the $50 UMD membership drive.

Comment

• Prolet
                    • Sep 2009

BigMak, How many people rocked up? Why would they get pissed off for??

I was told that the community is bitterly divided overthere, maybe thats why.
                    МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Rogi
                      • Sep 2008

Bratot, can you tell me what was the harm? Will any Macedonians that wanted to declare themselves as Macedonia not declare as such on the census? Will some MPO member who are Macedonian declare as Macedonian, maybe?

With this project we added more work on the UMD board to justify the decision. So we added more work for ourselves, but look at the cause. We may get more Macedonians to declare as such at the census.
                      I'd strongly urge you to reconsider what you've written here and the argument you are making.

What you're effectively saying is that Macedonians will be declaring as Macedonians either way, regardless of what anyone says.

In which case, what is the point and value of the census project, and in what way is this 'added work', when, as implied, regardless of the efforts, Macedonians will declare as Macedonians?

You're too easily, or perhaps naively dismissing the insidious nature of the MPO and the Bulgarian attempts at the appropriation of the Macedonian identity; if it were so easily dismissed and so irrelevant, we would not have such a huge number of Bugaromani and Grkomani among our people.

In this situation, the MPO had been given a great deal of legitimacy as a 'Macedonian organisation' by including them in a coalition of Macedonian organisations. What eventuated was a clear 'Trojan Horse' scenario.

As for the harm done, it could be a great harm, when if only one Macedonian is duped by the insidious nature of the MPO and allowed by the legitimacy given to the MPO with their inclusion.

Or the harm done may be that Macedonians receiving letters addressed to them personally, informing them to declare as Bulgarians, could offend a great deal of Macedonians.

Or there may not be any harm at all, yet nonetheless the notion that an (now clearly evident to all, it if were not before) organisation with clearly anti-Macedonian positions and such an insidious nature, could be given trust by other Macedonian organisations and legitimised by its' inclusion in a coalition (alliance) indicates the very weak, nor non-existent, checks and bounds to prevent such potentially huge risks to the Macedonian cause.

It then also beckons the question of influence and what measures exist to prevent Macedonian organisations from being influenced against the Macedonian cause, in the same insidious manner, for which this particular case study serves as an example.
                      Last edited by Rogi; 02-25-2010, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• BigMak
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2009

Basically the meeting was held at the venue of what is classified here as the Egejski club. or what a classic Perth seljak will refer it to as the greek club. Judging by the turnout of around 300 the old guard where of Egej decent and the Vardarci as they are referred to here were very minimal.

The outburst was directed towards Meto, not sure why or the reasoning behind it. It was after the end of question time, there was a total of 7-8 questions one included the reasoning behind meto's statement or support of a name change years ago, the rest were commentary based with one individual holding the mic for what seemed to be 15 minutes with a life story of when he was a little boy.

Comment

• indigen
                          • May 2009

Originally posted by amitreski View Post

Originally Posted by indigen

Also, as A. Mitreski has stated here on MTO that "UMD" is responsive to its financial backers, we may freely assume that the Turkish (or whoever is providing the $150K) will have more say in shaping "UMD" political direction than the Macedonian Diaspora.

Food for thought!
                          Stop lying. I have never said that.
                          Mitreski, you are aware that I have NOT quoted you but only IMPLY the general sense of what you said. I will not retract what I said and say that you, as it is common amongst the other "UMD" reps and their zombie drones participating in public forums, appear to have a severe case of amnesia when it relates to recollection and interpretation of statements (official media releases or forum discussion posts) you make.

amitreski: So there you have it. People that donate and support UMD get to influence the direction of UMD.
                          Who is lying now, Mitreski? You are a complete joke, same as that fool Koloski!

Comment

• Prolet
                            • Sep 2009

BigMak, There is no such thing as Vardarci and Egejci there is only Makedonci you know that. Vardarci and Egejci are only used for geographical and territorial purposes thats it.

How did you like Meto's speech and were you satisfied with his answers?

Comment

• BigMak
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                              BigMak, There is no such thing as Vardarci and Egejci there is only Makedonci you know that. Vardarci and Egejci are only used for geographical and territorial purposes thats it.

How did you like Meto's speech and were you satisfied with his answers?
                              sho me prajs budala sega, You may as well come to perth and be the ambassador with a shot gun and get it through the thick heads here in perth. I was referring to the terminology used in Perth by our communities

Meto's speech was a complete and waste of time for me, nothing new nothing old and personally I don't really care what a 70 year old may have heard or not have heard in the audience as they are not the future of the Macedonian Diaspora

Its very disappointing that the average age was 70

The young generation would have been there in droves it it had free beer and spirits together with entertainment from the local strip club

Just another UMD membership drive nothing else

Comment

• osiris
                                • Sep 2008

wow umd are that powerful that one starbucks meeting and the usa recognised us 6 months late.

so why did they need an office and turkish money when all they would have to do to is have coffees at a starbucks now and then and given the quality of the coffees served at starbucks drinking one of the banana flavoured de caf cappucinos would be a high enough price to pay for recognition anyway.

prolet that was the most outrageous statement i have ever heard anyone make about the umd and its effectiveness. i really dont think i can take anything you post about umd seriously anymore.

i regret to say this but buddy you are living in a complete fantasy land.
                                Last edited by osiris; 02-25-2010, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X