X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Epirot
    • Mar 2010

The commencment of Greek migration in Albania

The financial Greek crisis has switched the direction of migration. This time, unemployed Greeks are seeking for jobs in Albania. According to the Greek newspaper 'Trikala Voice', some Greeks from Trikala are searching possibilities for a better life in Albania. Here's the original article:

ΠΑΝΕ… ΑΛΒΑΝΙΑ ΟΙ ΤΡΙΚΑΛΙΝΟΙ ΕΡΓΟΛΑΒΟΙ

Δημοσίευση: Βασίλης Αλεξίου Στις Δευ, 01/10/2012 - 05:55
    ΠΑΝΕ… ΑΛΒΑΝΙΑ ΟΙ ΤΡΙΚΑΛΙΝΟΙ ΕΡΓΟΛΑΒΟΙ

Περισσότεροι από δέκα (10) επαγγελματίες του κλάδου έχουν ανέβει στη γειτονική χώρα διερευνώντας τις δυνατότητες εργασίας εκεί…

Το γεγονός ότι η Αλβανία αναπτύσσεται με ταχείς ρυθμούς, μέσα σε μια Ευρώπη που… καταρρέει, αλλάζει πλέον τα δεδομένα στην ευρύτερη περιοχή. Εργολάβοι και μηχανικοί των Τρικάλων πλέον ψάχνονται στην Αλβανία, ενώ το γεγονός ότι είχαν επί χρόνια στη δούλεψή τους Αλβανούς μετανάστες στα Τρίκαλα του βοηθά στις επαφές τους εκεί. Πολλά δημόσια και ιδιωτικά έργα βρίσκονται σε εξέλιξη αυτή τη περίοδο στην Αλβανία, χρειάζονται άνθρωποι με τεχνογνωσία και εμπειρία, όπως είναι οι Τρικαλινοί εργολάβοι, οπότε…

ΑΞΙΖΕΙ: Το ερχόμενο Σάββατο διοργανώνεται στα Τρίκαλα, στο Πνευματικό Κέντρο, ειδική εκδήλωση για την Ελληνοαλβανική συνεργασία σε επιχειρηματικό επίπεδο. Θα βρίσκονται μάλιστα στη πόλη για το σκοπό αυτό ο Αλβανός Πρέσβης και διπλωμάτες του Ελληνικού και Αλβανικού ΥΠΕΞ. Για… business στην Αλβανία πια!!!...

http://www.trikalavoice.gr/news/2012...inoi-ergolaboi
    I'd like to hear the opinion of our Greek audience about that fact!?
    Last edited by Epirot; 10-01-2012, 04:36 AM.
    IF OUR CHRONICLES DO NOT LIE, WE CALL OURSELVES AS EPIROTES!
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

I'm not greek do you mind them coming over.If so what can you do to stop them??Also how many are coming over,is it just a handfull from all walks of life? I have travelled right through albania & seen the development that's taking place modern highways etc etc.The albanians we have in macedonia & that there are in albania are completely different i have found them to be very polite people,if you need directions to get to somewhere they will go out of their way to show you where to go. I don't know how the people in epirus are?Maybe you can fill us in are they the same like the rest of albania?.
    Last edited by George S.; 10-01-2012, 05:19 AM. Reason: ed
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Epirot
      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by George S. View Post
      I'm not greek do you mind them coming over.If so what can you do to stop them?? .
      I don't believe Albania is interested to handle the migration because it is still in a very small scale. I cannot predict how it would be in the next years. All I wan to say is how history abruptly change the situations. If during 1990's, thousands of Albanians migrated towards Greece, today it's quite another story. Most of Albanians living in Greece are still subject of discrimination. A lot of international reports drew attention on the xenophoby of the majority of Greek society against Albanians.

I have travelled right through albania & seen the development that's taking place modern highways etc etc
      It's obvious that Albania's economy is rapidly progressing due to the tourism. The sad fact is that development varies from north to south. Most of northern areas are under-developed.

I don't know how the people in epirus are?Maybe you can fill us in are they the same like the rest of albania?
      It's not different there though Epirus is thinly inhabited. Most of Orthodox Albanians there are afraid to speak their mother tongue in public. I am more familiar with the Muslim Chams who currently live in Albania. Most of them are very polish and friendly!
      Last edited by Epirot; 10-01-2012, 06:36 AM.
      IF OUR CHRONICLES DO NOT LIE, WE CALL OURSELVES AS EPIROTES!

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

Epirot given the situation of the greek economy you shouldn't accept any immigrants from greece.Why should you & why should macedonia.Think of the insulting things it has done to tourists & visitors.People going there with australian passports & being abused,if it wasn't for the human rights people the tourists wasted their money getting there.
        So why accept more greeks in place you consider as yours send them back to where they came from & macedonia should do the same.I'm not a racist some of the people i know are greeks & they are nothing like their govtor this golden dawn people.
        There is so much discrimination of albanians in greece that it's beyond the pale.we allways think that it's someone else or its over exagerated the greeks a far more racist than other people.Unless you need a lot people desperately for labour, might i suggest you get either albanian people or even macedonian people but not greeks.Otherwise do you really want more immigrants & more problems??
        Last edited by George S.; 10-03-2012, 04:09 PM. Reason: ed
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
          • Aug 2010

delete pls
          Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 10-03-2012, 04:10 PM.
          http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• EricTheRed
            • Oct 2012

Hello, I am from Greece and I have been visiting these forums for around 1 year, trying to view different opinions about the dispute between Greece and Macedonia.
            I decided to create a forum account now because of this totally misleading thread: The source you are quoting Epirot does not mention Greeks searching for better life in Albania, but greek contractors simply going for some projects/contracts there, not immigrating.
            If you understand greek(which I assume you do, since you quoted this article), why lie so blutantly?

And even if that was true, blocking greek immigrants would be the epitome of ungratefulness, because the albanian economy managed to prosper with funds from immigrant albanian workers in Greece, which funds could have very well stayed within the country. And that's without disregarding all the hardships these workers faced here.

Comment

• Nomad
              Banned
              • May 2012

Welcome EricTheRed

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

ETR welcome to the MTO.Like it or loathe it it's a form of racism.The albanians don't want you to go there if you are emigrating.They simply don't want you even as you put it for a better life.You look at how much discrimination the albanians suffered when they went to greece.So the feeling is mutual.I don;t think anyone is sorry fr these greeks if they are emigrating.
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Stojacanec
                  • Dec 2009

Originally posted by EricTheRed View Post
                  blocking greek immigrants would be the epitome of ungratefulness, because the albanian economy managed to prosper with funds from immigrant albanian workers in Greece, which funds could have very well stayed within the country. And that's without disregarding all the hardships these workers faced here.

Welcome ETR

Its not about whether the money stays in greece or not. People who immigrate for work in many cases are there unofficially. The greek bosses would pay them well below average wage and they would work 7days. Macedonians go into greece this way all the time.

It won't hurt the Albanian bosses if greeks came to work there (at a below average wage). I guess it is better than sitting home doing nothing. win-win

I would expect however that the greeks would like to be treated with some respect while in Albania. According to you greece would be a role model for this...

Comment

• EricTheRed
                    • Oct 2012

Thx for welcome people.

I acknowledged Greece was not a pleasant place for a lot of Albanian immigrants, so it is certainly not a role model. However, I think most ppl are exaggerating about the racism against Albanian immigrants in Greece. A lot of these people eventually became a part of society, led decent lives (better than in Albania at least) etc.. because they were not blocked entrance (a few attempts in the 90s were just for the public, there was no real intention of curbing the immigration waves) and only racist extremists(every country has this kind of cancer) harassed them.

As for working unofficially, hence with lower wages, it is something I acknowledge too. But it was still far more than what they would have earned in Albania. And the money many earned were not spent in Greece, but sent to Albania, a fact that damages the local economy, since naturally money flows in a circle within the country (not that I blame the Albanians for our economic crisis, mind you).

My point is that even though people say the Greeks did not want the Albanians, they were actually allowed to stay, most of the times unhindered. Thats what I want at least in the scenario of greek immigration to Albania. Which is a scenario, as the source does not even mention that.

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

The racism is well documented that it was widespread where it concerned minorities.Thegreeks over time wanted to curb emigration of albanians as there were far too many.But the albanians got in one way or another.
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Eric, I think the Greeks simply do not like any of their neighbours. It is plain to see. And they hate immigrants even more. Worse yet, their typically peasant mentality will ensure they are jealous of the industrious immigrants who come to their country.

It is the most racist country in the Balkans.

A smart Albanian or Macedonian in Greece will sit below the radar and fight every urge to display signs of wealth.
                        Risto the Great
                        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• EricTheRed
                          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                          Eric, I think the Greeks simply do not like any of their neighbours. It is plain to see. And they hate immigrants even more. Worse yet, their typically peasant mentality will ensure they are jealous of the industrious immigrants who come to their country.

It is the most racist country in the Balkans.

A smart Albanian or Macedonian in Greece will sit below the radar and fight every urge to display signs of wealth.
                          Greece, as any other balkan country, has disputes with almost all of it's neighbours. However, the average Greek (or Macedonian, Bulgarian, Albanian etc) doesn't actually care that much about them, since our everyday lives aren't effected by these disputes, Ofc, I understand that minorities in each of these countries are oppressed, but this is one of the consequences of the many wars that have ravaged this place of the world. That ''typically peasant mentality'' you mention is a common trait in the Balkans, not a greek exclusive.

The fact that Greeks dislike illegal immigrants these times is true and reasonable. Over 90% of illegal immigration towards EU is through Greece, and because of Dublin II and Turkey's uncooperative stance these ppl eventually end up here. The country is being gradually overrun, in central squares of our capital its more like Middle East than Southern Europe. Wouldn't Macedonians feel the same if they had to handle such gigantic waves of immigration?

And we certainly have better things to do than go around in mobs harassing Albanians or Macedonians with Mercedes, at least where I live I have never seen this happen(and I doubt it has in other parts of the country, dont confuse Golden Dawn and other extremists with ordinary people)

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

I stand by my assessment that it is the most racist country in the Balkans.
                            Risto the Great
                            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by EricTheRed View Post
                              I understand that minorities in each of these countries are oppressed, but this is one of the consequences of the many wars that have ravaged this place of the world.
                              Minorities in Macedonia have it better than any other Balkan country (especially Greece) when it comes to recognition and human rights, that was the case even before ethnic Albanian terrorists attacked the state.
                              The country is being gradually overrun, in central squares of our capital its more like Middle East than Southern Europe. Wouldn't Macedonians feel the same if they had to handle such gigantic waves of immigration?
                              Have you seen any photos of the Macedonian capital lately? I wish our government and people dealt better with all of the immigrants and domestic troublemakers, but I wouldn't support a 'golden dawn' approach to any of our problems.
                              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
                              X