X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

Albanian was the first to raise the "greek" revolutionary flag

On March 13th 1821, twelve days before the official beginning of the War of Independence, the first revolutionary flag was actually raised on the island of Spetses by Laskarina Bouboulina. Twice widowed with 7 children but extremely rich she owned several ships. On April 3rd Spetses revolted, followed by the islands of Hydra and Psara with a total of over 300 ships between them. Bouboulina and her fleet of 8 ships sailed to Nafplion and took part in the seige of the impregnable fortress there. Her later attack on Monemvasia managed to capture that fortress. She took part in the blockade of Pylos and brought supplies to the revolutionairies by sea. Bouboulina became a national hero, one of the first women to play a major role in a revolution. Without her and her ships the Greeks might not have gained their independence. What is less well known is that she was Albanian.

When rebellion against the Ottoman Empire gave birth to Hellas, Hellenic-speaking people had a national homeland for the first time in history

And according to some Kolokotronis created the flag,,,another Albanian!
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

Why do you avoid this topic modern "greeks"?

Comment

• Bratot
      • Sep 2008

Kolokotronis was albanian?
      The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• TerraNova
        Banned
        • Nov 2008

As the founders of Philiki Eteria were Slavs...

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
          Kolokotronis was albanian?

Of course he was an Albanian what else would he be,,,"greek"

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by TerraNova View Post
            As the founders of Philiki Eteria were Slavs...

I know it's confusing but I do re-call saying that 2 out of 3 were Vlachs and Tsakalov was a Slav. Again avoiding the real topic on hand as typical of you Terrable.

Comment

• Pelister
              • Sep 2008

The identity of Kolokotronis is Albanian.

There are some excellent contemporary books, I think the best of them are written in French - regarding the ethnic composition of the "Greek forces" under French military command.

They are down to the man, almost all ethnic Albanian.

Comment

• osiris
                • Sep 2008

terranova does not know becaue they teach propaganda in greece, and she does not want to know because it would shake the core a mdoern greeks self esteem. as i keep saying they are a very nervous and insecure nation because their foundation is based on lies. it deso not matter that the grkos dont want to adress the truth as long as other international readers on here actually learn who the modern greeks are and why they insist on continuing their charade.
                Last edited by osiris; 01-13-2009, 10:36 PM.

Comment

• tchaiku
                  • Nov 2016

Bump......

Comment

• Amphipolis
                    Banned
                    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
                    On March 13th 1821, twelve days before the official beginning of the War of Independence, the first revolutionary flag was actually raised on the island of Spetses by Laskarina Bouboulina.[/U]
                    This forum is THE absolute collection of false data. No, she didn't. Alexander Ypsilantis preceded her by one month (not that it really matters).

Comment

• DraganOfStip
                      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
                      the first revolutionary flag was actually raised on the island of Spetses by Laskarina Bouboulina.
                      Mr Bouboulina? Mr. Bob Bouboulina?
                      ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
                      ― George Orwell

Comment

• tchaiku
                        • Nov 2016

I knew I smelled something fishy. This is why I backed it up. Not that it matters anyway. What nationality was Alexander though?

Comment

• Amphipolis
                          Banned
                          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by tchaiku View Post
                          I knew I smelled something fishy. This is why I backed it up. Not that it matters anyway. What nationality was Alexander though?
                          Greek. His mother was a Moldavian princess of Greek-Moldavian ancestry.

Comment

• Skolovranec
                            • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
                            Greek. His mother was a Moldavian princess of Greek-Moldavian ancestry.
                            And other Greeks claim she was from Epirus. You guys need to make up your minds before entering a debate.
                            Anti-EU Pro-Guns National-Libertarian Trekkie Minarchist
                            Anti-NATO Pro-United MK Agnostic Secularist Magick Occultist
                            Anti-UN Pro-Military Meritocratic Integrationist Altruistic Socio-Darwinist
                            Anti-Globalist Pro-Choice Intellectual Pirate Spiritual Vagabond

Comment

Working...
                            X