X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aleksandrov
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
    I originally posted it on Maknews to get your opinion on it, knowing that you are a person who particularly focus' on legal issues, you never gave me your opinion.

I have never claimed to be a legal expert, nor have I claimed that I have practiced law, I am posting this case as an observer, and an enthusiast.

This case decided that Greece would not be responsible for paying the costs incurred by Macedonia and that actions taken by Greece were justified, as well as the invoking of interim measures.

My view of this case is that it gives legality to actions taken by Greece against Macedonia, and that Greece is not responsible for costs incurred by Macedonia as a result of those actions. This says to me that if a similar situation occurs in the future, that we may see similar measures taken by Greece. Though we know in reality, this is not the case, and completely against the principles of sovereignty and human rights.

I am genuinely interested in your opinion, and I am also interested if you know of any other articles or precedents that may bare weight on the illegality of actions taken by Greece, I have been trying to do some research, but again, I am no expert.
    I have not yet taken the time to analyze this case because you have not indicated why you think it is relevant in the contexts in which you have posted it. Of course some actions by one country against another may be found to not be in breach of international law. To present this case as being relevant to whatever argument you are trying to make, you first need to consider what laws or legal principles the plaintiff was seeking to apply to what facts, and what was the reasoning that the Court used to justify its decision. Are the particular laws or legal principles that the Court was asked to apply in that case a topic of any of the discussions in which you have cited the case? If so, to what extent were the facts in that case similar to the facts that formed the discussion topic in which you decided to cite it?

Independently of the above request for clarification from you about what you are trying to say, I should clarify that while I am strongly committed to the moral laws enshrined in the International Bill of Rights, I do not suffer from illusions of an adequate international judiciary and law enforcement agencies on which we can rely for their consistent application. The only current hope for non-arbitrary implementation of internationally codified human rights standards rests in the political will and grass-roots action of enlightened and self-empowered citizens.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. Arthur Schopenhauer

https://www.facebook.com/igor.a.aleksandrov?ref=tn_tnmn

Comment

• indigen
      • May 2009

How is that exactly?
      Do some research or wait for some other day for I to tell you.
      Last edited by indigen; 06-15-2010, 07:27 AM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

For me to do this, I must also divide the pro's and con's into 2 governments that were in power during the perpetration of the acts. In which case, I can only say that a Republican US benefits Macedonia, whereas Democratic US harms Macedonia. You and I both know the acts perpetrated against Macedonia took place (almost entirely) under the Clinton administration, whereas under Bush (though he was a moron) Macedonia enjoyed numerous benefits ranging from economic-military-political support.

I am still waiting to hear what good Australia has done? Simply by not respecting Macedonia's right to it's name means it is in support of Greek policy, and therefor is working against Macedonia. Why you keep making excuses for this is beyond me.
        Wow, it is pretty convenient to split the USA into various Governments. Kind of like the "good cop bad cop routine". Australia did not influence Macedonia to lose its sovereignty. Nor did it assist the enemy during the 2001 war. Go on, admit it. The USA is no friend of Macedonia. The fact that it did "nice things" (which I still doubt) after destroying its sovereignty sounds like token gestures to me.

So how bad do you think Clinton was for Macedonia and can Macedonia ever recover with a mindset like yours? Be honest.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• julie
          • May 2009

Originally posted by indigen View Post
          We may be going off-topic, but I will add that "Australia" (i.e. Macedonians living and operating there politically) gave Macedonia its one and only sovereign national flag - The Macedonian Sun and Macedonians their main national symbol for identity and unity.

bravo Indigen.
          us "kenguri" (another Buktopianism) are pretty cool
          "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
            • Oct 2009

UMD Sends Protest Note to University of Oxford

E-mails: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]

Dear Ms. Adams and Mr. Anastasakis:

On behalf of the United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD), a leading organization for Macedonians worldwide, I am writing to express our disappointment over your recent publication on the Challenges and Prospects of South East European Economies in the Wake of the Financial Crisis (link: http://www.sant.ox.ac.uk/seesox/pdf/...ngesreport.pdf). Although, we are quite interested in this topic, your publication was quite biased towards the Greek position on Macedonia and does not merit something that would come out of such a prestigious and respected institution as the University of Oxford. Throughout the publication, Macedonia is referred to as "FYROM," and "Former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia." Neither of these terms describe the Republic of Macedonia, the official name of the country. Given that the University of Oxford is a British institution and that the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland's official policy is to refer to the country as Republic of Macedonia, we would not expect anything less than the University of Oxford to follow official reference for the country.

Furthermore, it is quite surprising that such a conference was organized without the participation of a Macedonian national bank or other financial institution representative. UMD understands your collaboration with the Bank of Greece, however playing ethnic politics or favoritism has no place in academia and respected institutions such as the University of Oxford.

We hope this mistake will be corrected.

Sincerely,

Metodija A. Koloski
            President, United Macedonian Diaspora
            [email protected]

CC: Her Excellency, Ambassador of the Republic of Macedonia to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Ambassador Marija Efremova
            Goran Mickovski, UMD representative based in London
            For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
            http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
            Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
            Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
            Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Bratot
              • Sep 2008

That's an achievment!
              The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Vangelovski
                • Sep 2008

UMD's promotional material is scrapping the bottom of the barrell these days...I thought such an important "national resource" and "defender" of state institutions would be rubbing shoulders with the Camerons and the Obamas.
                If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                  • Oct 2009

The achievement

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
                  That's an achievment!
                  Not really. :-/ An achievement would be when we succeed in getting the University of Oxford to refer to Macedonia as Macedonia.

The point of the posting is to get you all to write a protest note to the University to complain, not to sit around and call the note an achievement.

Comment

• Bratot
                    • Sep 2008

Do you take us for retards UMD?

We were doing such e-mail campaigns when we were in highschool and have seen dozens of online pettitions... do you know how worth that is?

- ZERO point zero zero zero one

If your action limit on a email campaign and "organizing" a group of spammers with one and the same email message, I wonder how you expect to be taken seriously as the " leading organization for Macedonians worldwide".

There is only one right way and couple side in order to achieve something. You have to go after their pockets.

For example juridical prosecution and media attention directed toward this author, no institution seek negative light especially not "discriminatory" one and harming it's reputation.
                    The only way to teach those biased authors and the rest who might do the same in future is that no one should mess with us and we are capable enough to go after every each of them if they try.

Plus you will gain money from the case which are not less than 10.000 euros for such subject where you can play all you want among "discrimination, racism, national insult, trauma etc."

And the media love it!
                    The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Mikail
                      • Sep 2008

UMD, by the time we get to page 200 of this thread, do you think you could announce;

We at the UMD apologise for our past errors, (and list them).

We undertake an oath to work along with other Macedonian groups and stop the grandstanding we have been attempting to make to date.

The UMD will also turn a new leaf and become a transparent organisation.

What do you say to this kind of announcement guys?
                      Last edited by Mikail; 06-15-2010, 10:34 AM.
                      From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Prolet
                        • Sep 2009

Risto, Australia is the only country in the world where we are recognized as Slav Macedonians, im not going to defend the American administrations here but the Australians one especially the Howard and Rudd Governments have been very poor towards Macedonia.

Macedonian Activist Aco Taleski was right about Australia.
                        МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                          Risto, Australia is the only country in the world where we are recognized as Slav Macedonians, im not going to defend the American administrations here but the Australians one especially the Howard and Rudd Governments have been very poor towards Macedonia.

Prolet, here is an old saying:

Sticks and stones and assisting Albanian terrorists will break my bones, but names will never hurt me.

Names do hurt a little, but ensuring Macedonia was downgraded to a state of semi sovereignty to suit the interests of USA military and economic strategy in the Balkans was far more damaging. And Buckwit is thankful for this. He should lead the UMD into its new phase in my opinion.

p.s. The AMHRC proved in court here in Australia that "Slav Macedonians" was illegal and therefore inappropriate.

Buktop has not come back to help me with this dilemma yet. He thinks USA has done a great deal for Macedonia. Altruistically I would imagine. He thinks that we can look beyond some of the naughty things the USA has done to Macedonia and that we should be thankful for their assistance with regard to things like the spy fortress in Macedonia now amongst other things.
                          Risto the Great
                          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                            • Oct 2009

Prime Minister Stephen Harper's Message to Macedonians: YouTube - Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper's Message to the 2nd Annual UMD Global Conference

Comment

• Vangelovski
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post

Prolet, can you post ONE current Australian Government document, website or anything that refers to us as "Slav Macedonians"? Or are you still spreading charsishki muabeti?
                              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Rogi
                                • Sep 2008

Takvoto go boli za Makedonija.

Comment

Working...
                                X