X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phoenix
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
    Excellent post Phoenix and I whole-heartedly agree! NATO itself needs to be made aware of its' own hypocrisy, against it's own declarations, agreements and strategic concepts.

On a minor note, the author of the article is Sally McNamara.
    Sally McNamara is Senior Policy Analyst in European Affairs in the Margaret Thatcher Center for Freedom, a division of the Kathryn and Shelby Cullom Davis Institute for International Studies, at The Heritage Foundation.
    Thanks for the compliment Rogi.

In many ways the original article by McNamara says alot about where Macedonia finds itself today as it completely avoids the obligations of the likes of NATO and the EU to ensure credibility within their own structures. McNamara is too focused on Greece, as is UMD.
    I would like UMD to make a better effort to tackle not just the hypocrisy and discrimination of the greeks but also the very organizations that the Republic of Macedonia is seeking membership from.

I feel that a better strategy against greece is to challenge the morality of the organizations themselves and their apathetic membership with the belief that in the end the powers of good will prevail over the powers of evil.

To confine this debate to a Macedonia V Greece campaign makes it too difficult for us as this validates many of Greece's positions in a "its your word against mine" scenario but if we can highlight the hypocrisy of the organizations themselves in 'supporting' the greeks perhaps it will bring about a greater awareness of their shortcomings and it may just motivate them to adhere to the founding principles of the Euro-Atlantic structures for the betterment of the group rather than the self serving interests of individual pissants.

I would really like to see UMD take this type of approach, a no nonsense one, calling it as it is...

Comment

• osiris
      • Sep 2008

i concour with rogi phoenix, excellent article.

however lets not beat about the bush anymore nato is still dominated by the usa and britain, not greece. had anyone of these 2 ardent philhellenic nations played hard ball with the neo greeks their littlet rant would have been a lot quieter and more reasonable. but its suits the usa and britain to have conflicts in the balkans.

would macedonia like to be fast tracked into nato and the eu, it would have been very easy a while ago but its near impossible now because we dont have any real bargining chip, we have already bent over for our western masters and their empty promises.

but what the fuck i am pissing aganst the wind here considering most macedonian politicians have grown up in the yes sir no sir culture of the sfry and have no idea wht to do other than adopt another leader whose whims the must obey, rather than keep as many options on the table, keep many lines of contact with all nations in the world especially the ones like russia and chian who were amongst the first to recognise us, and play them off against each other.

its the same in australia our relationship with the alp has been totally unrewarding and yet we still in the main vote labour.
      Last edited by osiris; 01-31-2010, 01:17 AM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Good analysis Phoenix, well explained.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• osiris
          • Sep 2008

I would be pretty annoyed if I was not North American but from America somewhere. How do the USA'ns get away with calling themselves "Americans"?
          using neo greek logic the only people who have the right to be called americans are the italian americans throughout nth central and sth america, because its an italian name, amerigo vespucci .

also rtg dont worry the onther americans have another more apt name for the nth "americans" gringos.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Show me one Macedonian in the Diaspora who thinks "political correctness" is a priority for an organisation that is meant to represent the Diaspora.

Further, what the hell should Macedonians be cautious about if they are honouring Macedonians from all over geographic Macedonia. Anything less is disgusting.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix
              the “common values” of the NATO members seem to be at odds with the “human rights” and “sovereignty” of the Republic of Macedonia, thereby challenging the very concept of “democracy” leaving one to ponder who’s “rule of law” are we working to and at what cost is this “integration” to the “common values” of the Macedonian’s?
              I like it.

I fear the UMD places political correctness far ahead of the will of the Diaspora. For this reason I feel they are "correcting themselves" into insignificance.
              Risto the Great

Comment

• Prolet
                • Sep 2009

Excellent Report Phoenix

Macedonia should always look after its interests not go in head first to please the others.

We need to continue to train in Krivolak which is up there with the very best in the world and at the same time our army should be equipped properly too. Keep in mind that in Turkey we have war planes and in Croatia we have a joint factory for producing tanks together with the Croats.
                МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• ZAS
                  • May 2009

Is The UMD A Tool Used To Undermine The WMC

You have to wonder WHY these members have not gone under the guidance of Petrov's WMC.
                  They have huge amounts of energy, but it seems that all their work is a spent force.

Comment

• Phoenix
                    • Dec 2008

Lets just see who exactly we're putting our faith into, to get us in NATO...

Both U.S. Ambassador to NATO Ivo Daalder and President Obama have also been vocal supporters of NATO enlargement. NATO expansion has traditionally enjoyed strong bipartisan support in the United States, and the Obama Administration should rally congressional support for NATO's Open Door Policy, specifically pushing for the accession of Macedonia in time for the 2010 Lisbon Summit at the end of the year. Ambassador Daalder should also use the U.S.'s diplomatic channels in Europe, in concert with his colleagues in Athens, to increase international pressure on Greece to resolve this matter expeditiously.
                    NATO’s collaboration with the KLA nonetheless grew in preparation for the war. Ivo H. Daalder and Michael E. O’Hanlon write in their account of US Kosovo policy, that in order to defeat Serbia, or at least Milosevic:

“...a reasonable degree of KLA/NATO coordination was only sensible ... Using intermediaries such as the Albanian military, and possibly working through the CIA rather than direct military channels, the alliance knew what the KLA’s general patterns of operations were by war’s end” (Daadler and O’Hanlon, 2000, p. 152)

refer to page 16 of the pdf

Comment

• Vangelovski
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                      I like it.

I fear the UMD places political correctness far ahead of the will of the Diaspora. For this reason I feel they are "correcting themselves" into insignificance.
                      What UMD is doing isn't even political correctness, its simple vassal politics.
                      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Komita
                        • May 2009

Maybe you should send your family to fight all over the world for american and jewish interests, I will not support it nor will I feel sorry for those casualties.
                        Nor will I send my family to fight against our brethren in Russia when NATO will feel it's necessary.
                        Слава му на Бога за се

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

ZAS, are you involved with the WMC?
                          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Komita View Post
                            Nor will I send my family to fight against our brethren in Russia when NATO will feel it's necessary.
                            Komita, I am yet to see one single thing indicating any relationship with Russia whatsoever. To call them brethren is optimistic.
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                              What UMD is doing isn't even political correctness, its simple vassal politics.
                              Point taken. Truth be told, we have no idea what the UMD is prepared to concede for this kind of protection. Maybe they should do another survey.

e.g.
                              Q: What should Macedonia be willing to give up in order to gain entry into NATO/EU?
                              Risto the Great

Comment

• Prolet
                                • Sep 2009

A Special Thanks to Voya for this clip

МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

Working...
                                X