Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buktop
    • Oct 2009

Risto, there seems to be a trend in how many UMD threads are opened, and there is also a huge trend in who opens these UMD threads. Now just because Maknews' statements offended Australians that is a reason to create an anti-UMD mob? I don't see the connection? And why is it now that anyone who supports UMD is an "American arse licker" to quote Phoenix.?
    "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
    though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
    Our long awaited hour will draw near
    and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Bill77
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
      Risto, there seems to be a trend in how many UMD threads are opened, and there is also a huge trend in who opens these UMD threads. Now just because Maknews' statements offended Australians that is a reason to create an anti-UMD mob? I don't see the connection? And why is it now that anyone who supports UMD is an "American arse licker" to quote Phoenix.?
      speaking of Maknews, three times i registered in the last two months and they are yet to confirm me. Hmmmmmmm oh well, i lost interest any way. Sory to go off topic
      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

Buktop, are you for real? Are you saying you honestly cannot understand the role of the parliament and executive government in a republic and where its authority comes from and how it is limited? Or are you just clogging up the thread as usual?
        Last edited by Vangelovski; 01-12-2010, 08:03 PM.
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
          Buktop, you do realise it is UMDiaspora.org who has created the most threads lately don't you? It is obvious that amongst the UMD scrutiny, the UMD themselves have been creating many more threads on this forum than on Maknews in the same time frame. Why do you think this is the case? I personally have no problem with the UMD showing positive aspects in relation to their organisation.

The opening post on this thread confirms my belief that the seeds of this "mob" mentality occurred a long time before any recent Maknews comments. I have sat on the fence being objective for over 1 year now. It is hard to remain neutral when such direct questions have been avoided for so long.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
            • Sep 2008

I should add, that these direct questions have been posed for much longer, both internally and externally, yet the American UMD Board Members feel they don't need to answer any of them, or when they do, they make such vague statements that they are incomprehensible.
            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Prolet
              • Sep 2009

Jankovska, Now im pro Croatian?? Well tell me one Balkan country or any country that is building a Macedonian Orthodox Church in the center of their capital city?? I tend to respect those that respect me, i've been to Croatia on many occasions and its bloody fantastic the Hercegovci there just need to learn that you dont serve kebapi with ajvar LOL

SOM, If we crushed the Albanian Terrorists we wouldnt have signed that disgraceful ramkoven dogovor would we?? This is part of the problem and i only gave the Croats as an example i can only hope that we do better then them, this is why we need an organization like the Diaspora to bring our communities world wide closer to Stari Kraj, Im not blaming you for our failures we all failed and its a dam shame however we need to be more organized so it doesnt happen again, lets look at the positives and work with what we got.
              МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Im not blaming you for our failures
                Wow, thanks. Prolet, znais deka ne e ubo da si podnapijan preku denta bre, aj dosta goltai i brbori.
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Prolet
                  • Sep 2009

Buktop, Its not as simple as you think, Phoenix was attacked by Maknews and he responded if Maknews handled the situation a bit better like an Admin it wouldnt have come down to what it is now, its escalated further and now tensions have erupted, the UMD needs to learn that they must use fierce language when they are attacked, using words like Disappointing is hardly enough when somebody questions your identity and calls you a Slav, you can be disappointed when you loose a football game,hockey game etc

The UMD should take a leaf out of AMHRC and MHRMI's book its exactly how they should be responding.
                  МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
                    Omg this is neverending. It is very simple, why are we all making it so complicated. No organisation or a person should ever come out and publicly agree that we need a name change, the gov are doing it and I lost faith in them , I don't want to loose faith in a lot of us. I know for myself, no matter what someone says I wouldn't say we need to chat about options regarding my name. No way will that ever happen. I am Macedonian, ethnic and I stick to that. If anyone thinks they have the right to change that for me, or negotiate my name, my right than gadno se zaebale. My name is my right and no one on any side has the right to think about changing it, even talking about it. It's very simple. UMD have done a lot for Macedonia, let's not concentrate only on the bad things. They have done alot for the country, working for our cause and taking the name Macedonia far. But they should stay away from the name talks for the time being or at least making statements regarding the solution. They should concentrate on doing the good job, pushing for countires to recognise Macedonia, to visit Macedonia, to invest in Macedonia. Leave the solution alone. There isn't one. Everyone back away from solution talks, there isn't a solution to this problem. We are Macedonians and the Greeks will never be happy. Simple

Prolet, yes I have noticed it too, you have something to do with the Croats, somehow they get mentioned again. I will ask you one thing, do you want us to be invloved in the same shit the Croats and Serbs were and should we suffer? It's very easy to want and think war as a solution from Australia or the UK, very hard when you should grab a gun and start killing people. We should never use those countries as an example, we are better than that.
                    Macedonians are the most passive and good hearted people in the Balkans, and perhaps the world.

However I think some times our kind hearts and good nature are taken advantage of.

Looking at the Croats, and many other peoples who have minority or land issues they are doing much better then the Macedonians.

I don’t see how the passive and self hating and self defeatist attitudes set by Macedonian governments can be seen as a positive. For me I was absolutely disgusted at seeing Macedonians getting drunk, dancing on the streets and waving American flags during the referendum that would have set them free from shiptar terrorism. Those that weren’t getting pissed and wearing shirts with American flags didn’t want to vote in favor of the referendum because they where too scared that the Albanians will go to war with them again and win…..

What self respecting people would allow those Albanian pigs to build museums for the shiptar terrorists that killed and tortured so many people? What type of government allows entire towns and cities to have HUNDREDS of foreign flag flying every where? Even most of Kicevo, a town once that was mainly Macedonian is now another Balkan joke of a town with hundreds of Albanian flags and pictures of that piece of shit Ali Ahmeti every where.

Why did we allow our flag and name to be changed in the 90’s? We should have stormed in Gligorov’s office and DEMANDED he change his mind. Why are we still allowing the Macedonian government to wheel and deal our name and identity? Why are we so eager to get into the EU and NATO, whilst they treat us with absolutely no respect? To me it seems like Macedonians don’t give a fvck.

And btw, what’s the status of the Aegean Macedonians? Seems like its only the people in their 80’s that still cling on to the Macedonian cause, but their grand kids are happy playing “greek” and reaping the benefits of being a “greek” in the magical EU. The Pirin Macedonians? Oh that’s right the government and majority of the people have forgot about them…..

I guess it may be easy for me to be critical of Macedonians and the Macedonian government from my cozy and safe house in Australia and will never understand the “hard” and “dangerous” lives of Macedonians living back in the old country, but in saying that im tired of seeing Macedonians and the Macedonian country being treated with no respect. I hate seeing what’s happening in Northwest Macedonia and the “shiptar expansion”, and its crap at seeing my people die out in Pirin, Aegean and even Albania.

In my opinion people like the Croats are in a much more better position then us, whether the yanks won the war for them or not. At least they are free in their own country. At least the Croats in Bosnia have full rights. At least they are treated with respect and dignity.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

You know what's a disgrace? The Macedonian minorities in Albania, Bulgaria and Serbia all have the ancient symbol of Macedon as their flag, while the Macedonians in the Macedonian state have had to change theirs. I saw a clip about the area of Pustec in present-day Albania on TV last night, it had the flag of the Macedonian minority in Albania alongside the flags of the Macedonian and Albanian states. I can only wonder what the reaction would be had Pustec been flooded with Macedonian flags the way Tetovo, Kicevo, etc are with Albanian flags in Macedonia.
                      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• makedonche
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by TajnataKniga View Post
                        another UMD and meto thread? arent there enough on MTO?
                        As many threads as it takes to get the straightforward answers and truth that most members here are looking for!
                        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• TajnataKniga
                          • Dec 2009

getting boring...

Comment

• TajnataKniga
                            • Dec 2009

tav

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                            Buktop, They would all go to the VIP airport which is right next door, ive been before its pretty good.

But i see where you are coming from, thats why as of March 1, TAV will be reconstructing all the airports including the cargo in Stip.
                            prolet, tav has until march 1 to begin reconstruction, that does not mean they will. tav lacks funding and macedonia refuses to take imf money to fund the airport projects.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                              • Sep 2008

UMD Action Alert Letter to Members of Congress
                              http://capwiz.com/tca/issues/alert/?...566361&type=CO

"With American cooperation and support, Macedonia has emerged as a model of multi-ethnic peace and stability in a region long plagued with strife and well known for its inter-ethnic tensions".

In this paragraph, UMD is promoting Macedonia as a “model multi-ethnic” state and thanking the US for their support and cooperation. What did the US support? How did Macedonia become a “model multi-ethnic” state? Through the Framework Agreement in which the US acted as a guarantor. Promoting Macedonia as a multi-ethnic state is promoting and legitimising the Framework Agreement, as this is the only instrument in Macedonia that provides for a multi-ethnic (and multi-lingual/religious) state. Macedonia’s original constitution certainly did not do that. According to UMD, prior to the Framework Agreement, Macedonia was plagued with strife and ethnic tensions – in other words, it was a bad place.

"Greece alone vetoed Macedonia’s NATO membership at the 2008 NATO Bucharest Summit because the “name dispute” had not been resolved to its satisfaction. The veto came despite Greece’s treaty obligation to Macedonia that it would not use the “name dispute” to impede Macedonia’s accession to NATO and the fact that Macedonia had met all NATO membership criteria. The Greek veto and the subsequent Greek threat to veto Macedonia’s EU integration, have strained Greek-Macedonian relations. Macedonia nevertheless remains determined to take its place within NATO andis committed to resolving the bilateral 'name dispute'”.

Here, UMD show’s it considers the Interim Accord legitimate by reprimanding Greece for not abiding by it. It argues that Greece has a “treaty obligation” to Macedonia. Well, that same “treaty” stipulates a number of obligations for Macedonia, including limiting Macedonian sovereignty in a number of concrete ways, obligating Macedonia not to pursue the human rights of Macedonians in Greece and obligating Macedonia to continue negotiations over the name until a solution is agreed to.

Further down, UMD promotes Macedonia’s “commitment” to resolving the name issue. Why would it do this? What exactly is it implying here? One can only guess that UMD actually supports the negotiations and believes that they are essential to finding a “solution” so that Macedonia can enter NATO. But what is this solution? Well, UMD’s President has mentioned a number of name changes, what he refers to as “political modifiers” that may be “acceptable” to the Macedonian people in the past – these include “Democratic Republic of Macedonia” and “Independent Republic of Macedonia”. In a press release after Macedonia was vetoed in Bucharest, UMD also heavily reprimanded Greece for NOT accepting the then proposed Republic of Macedonia (Skopje).

"In past Congresses, resolutions were proposed that inaccurately portrayed Macedonia as unwilling to resolve the “name dispute” and that erroneously referred to Macedonia as the “The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia” or “FYROM”.

Here UMD rightfully states that Macedonia was erroneously referred to as “FYROM”. However, it is also indignant that suggestions have been made that Macedonia was “unwilling to resolve the name dispute”. Again, UMD is promoting the negotiations that Macedonia has engaged in to resolve the name dispute. As UMD’s President has pointed out, the “solution” could involve any number of “acceptable” name changes.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TajnataKniga View Post
                                tav lacks funding and macedonia refuses to take imf money to fund the airport projects.
                                If this is true, I am glad to hear it.
                                Risto the Great
                                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
                                X